Seriously?

DocN

So...we had a company- party last Friday and after getting seriously hammered with free booze (and seriously confused, with all our Thai- colleagues having fun with...games..I guess....), we (4 farang guys) decided to head on, into town.

I am not mentioning the name of the club, but it was one on the upper LEVELS of Sukhumvit 11.

Honestly, I had no clue about that place, but we were all clean looking, good smelling and ready for adventure, when we arrived there.

3 guys got in without any problems- including me and I was just wearint t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

One of my friends was stopped and not allowed in.

Since he wore t-shirt, jeans and "normal" shoes, we couldn't really figure out, why he was not allowed.

So we asked.

The problem was that he wore a "logo"- shirt of a beverage company, that was not part of the clubs- beverage contract partners.

Fair enough, you might think...if you don't know, that his shirt featured the logo of LAOW KAOW!

So...seriously, guys?!

The famous Laow Kaow- brand, responsible for blindness and braindeath all over the country, is the real competition for the stuff you sell at 250 Baht a glass, I assume?!

I assume, because we did not make any more efforts to get in.

We just took our money (and it was a considerable amount) to a nearby club, that had no problem with a Laow Kaow- shirt...

Edited by DocN

We just took our money (and it was a considerable amount) to a nearby club, that had no problem with a Laow Kaow- shirt...

"...and it was a considerable amount..."

Obviously they were less impressed with you than you were.

Yep...seems the economy is going well for them!

Few years back something silmilar happened to a friend of mine.

Dress code was trousers he had a pair of jeans on.

After about 10 minutes talking to the doorman they went round the corner. M8 gave the doorman some cash and they swopped jeans and trousers , problem solved

Cant see a doorman doing that back in farangland :)

Few years back something silmilar happened to a friend of mine.

Dress code was trousers he had a pair of jeans on.

After about 10 minutes talking to the doorman they went round the corner. M8 gave the doorman some cash and they swopped jeans and trousers , problem solved

Cant see a doorman doing that back in farangland smile.png

I'd not been planning on going out, I'd just stopped off for a pint in the pub between the ATM and picking up my laundry, but I met up with K in the Pub, and we decided to go on to a certain nightclub that we knew that had a good band and dancers.

"Sorry, sir, you can't come in wearing shorts"

"Not a problem, mate, I've got my laundry with me"

and I doffed my shorts and donned some breiks in the car park

SC