300,000 Baht Gold Necklace Snatch on Jomtien Beach

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so all police now busy catching those thieves while murderers and rapists still walk around

if a tourist gets robbed and molested maybe they are gonna look in to it but usually they catch those by accident or after tipoffs

a darwin nominee walking around with a big gold chain gets all the attention cos its the father of a police man

Yeah...that's the way it is in most countries...does this surprise you...had you been living in a monastery all your life till now?

Obviously had the wrong combination of amulets as the perps weren't struck down dead upon touching them!

What is wrong with that? I would be shocked if it were handled any differently anywhere else in the world. The difference is nobody would say so, it would just get done.

Good for them, and I hope the perpetrators are found and get shot while escaping like they used to when I was a boy in OZ

So rude to flaunt this type of wealth in front of so many poor people.

Why would anyone take such an expensive piece of jewelry to the beach.., just

to show off???? My 99 baht watch goes with me to the beach. !!!

Totally agree !! He just DESERVES to get robbed !

Who for God sake is walking around on the beach (or wherever) wich such a FORTUNE around the neck !? This is asking for trouble !

But of course it was a poo yai who just wants to SHOW OFF like there are so many of them. Daddy of a High ranked police officer, staying in the Royal Cliff hotel !!! Seems that dear sunny boy received a lot of tea money where he even did NOT have to "work" for.... coffee1.gif

In the "real world" crooks and opportunists are everywhere. So sad you are looking at the world

with rose colored glasses. My Mother gave all her "nice" jewelry to her grandchildren, when still alive.

She said it was to dangerous for old people to wear valuable gold and diamonds anymore. They are

easy targets. You, must be smarter than the crooks in our society. To think you can walk around

any large city draped in gold and diamonds today, is stupid. I didn't say it's right, just a matter of fact.

There are plenty of rich Thai families in Bangkok and elsewhere who paid for sons' admittance to Army or Police academies and if it was an old necklace it could have been bought long ago when it cost a tenth of the present value. Plus you can have an amulet worth millions of baht on current market value to those that treasure them. Who can say categorically that the son funded this holiday or anything else ? I just love the speculations on TV forums reflecting posters' own prejudice and even jealousy that someone might have more than they do. If you think 300k is a fortune then you are probably in the wrong country.

Obviously he did not realize that all thief's here did not know who his son is.

However, if I were a betting man I would say this one will be solved. When truly

motivated I do think the Thai police are remarkably quick and efficient.

Just to be clear I said when truly motivated. Look how many and thick

those envelopes are.

so all police now busy catching those thieves while murderers and rapists still walk around

if a tourist gets robbed and molested maybe they are gonna look in to it but usually they catch those by accident or after tipoffs

a darwin nominee walking around with a big gold chain gets all the attention cos its the father of a police man

"so all police now busy catching those thieves while murderers and rapists still walk around

if a tourist gets robbed and molested maybe they are gonna look in to it but usually they catch those by accident or after tipoffs"

Do these "observations" concerning what the police do or don't do appear to you while sleeping or after consuming special clairvoyant tablets?

Although it seems Pattaya One "reports" a lot of the crimes and arrests, if you're relying on their few articles to compile your statistics ( or you depend on the rants of other Thai Visa police procedural "experts") that doesn't elevate you above the clueless stage. Incidentally, police everywhere depend on "tipoffs" and information from the public. It's part of the investigation process. Maybe where you come from they use police magic??

This is a pretty funny story. Wearing a 300,000 baht gold necklace in Pattaya is complete insanity.

May as well wear a sign that says rob me.......And as someone noted, if his son had loaned him

a police uniform, potential robbers would have steered a wide path around him, as no one in their

right mind robs from the mafia.

Standard tourist robbed : Thai police response >>> yawn...........give us money and we will make a report

Father of policeman robbed : Thai police response >>>> special meeting !!!!! man extra checkpoints all around town !!!!!

tear this town apart until we find those little shits !!!!!

Just Bad Karma. The 300,000 Baht Gold Necklace had probably been paid, with money collected from motorcyclists without helmets and car drivers and passengers without a fastened seatbelt.

Someone should check, how this family has become so wealthy, that they can afford 300,000 Baht Gold Necklaces and suites at The Royal Cliff! Does anyone know, how much the official salary of a senior police officer is in Thailand?

How exactly does this bad karma thing work when a police officer is collecting fines (officially or unofficially) from motorists who have broken the law?

Just Bad Karma. The 300,000 Baht Gold Necklace had probably been paid, with money collected from motorcyclists without helmets and car drivers and passengers without a fastened seatbelt.

Someone should check, how this family has become so wealthy, that they can afford 300,000 Baht Gold Necklaces and suites at The Royal Cliff! Does anyone know, how much the official salary of a senior police officer is in Thailand?

i always wonder about this Karma thing

at temples you get merit by buying and releasing the small birds

so what about the people who catch them?

surely they are going straight to hell...

• Like 1

Darwin nominee.. cheesy.gif

You would think so but see, your a farang, you don't understand Thai ways. "Their" thinking goes kind of like this. Yes, I get bad karma by capturing these birds, but my karma gets straightened out when I sell them to those other dummies so they can make good karma. So I am helping people accrue good karma, therefore, I get good karma. Never mind I'm keeping the money and not donating it to the temple. blink.png

• Like 1

These Thai gold necklaces are designed for snatching, one yank and the "clasp" opens...

If the victim was able to read and understand English, he would have known that running around with a THB 300,000 necklace is NOT DONE in Pattaya and its vicinities just by reading TV.

These Thai gold necklaces are designed for snatching, one yank and the "clasp" opens...

If the victim was able to read and understand English, he would have known that running around with a THB 300,000 necklace is NOT DONE in Pattaya and its vicinities just by reading TV.

Honestly, how many Thais do you think would bother reading TV?

My thoughts exactly...I just tell them "mai huu (I'm not hungry) and leave them thoroughly confused.

• Like 1