Is it safe for a foreigner to marry a Thai?

webfact

This is has got to be one of the most ignorant questions that has ever graced this forum. Is it safe to marry any woman or man for that matter? Human nature whether good or bad depends on the person, not the race or nationality.

Have you ever seen an angry Thai-woman???

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is has got to be one of the most ignorant questions that has ever graced this forum. Is it safe to marry any woman or man for that matter? Human nature whether good or bad depends on the person, not the race or nationality.

Ever seen an angry farang woman?

• Like 1

From personal experience, having once been married to a Thai lady for three years who turned into an angry psycho, I would fear the Thai lady far more than the western lady. sad.png

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

Ever seen an angry farang woman?

Sure have and I would prefer an angry Farang woman at any time. (despite the fact, that they can kill just by sitting on you)

• Like 2

Best to go for a middle of the road choice. I have had friends who got into bad trouble because they married hi-so Thai women. Expectations about money from the women were totally unrealistic and then the men were taken to the cleaners when the marriages hit the skids. Some of these hi-so Thai women are sophisticated about how to go after your assets overseas as well as in Thailand but you will never get your hands on hers, even if she is much richer than you. At the other end of the spectrum marrying any type of a hooker is an obvious risk because many of them are naturally hardened up by their profession, however sweet they may look, and will always look at you as just a job that they want to make as much as possible from.

Bottom line: avoid anything that started with a commercial transaction or that reads Thai Tatler and/or actually knows people in it.

Maybe the headline should read.

Is it Safe for a Foreigner to Marry a Thai Bargirl?

Many Farangs have married everyday Thai women are raising normal families and living normal lives. It is just my guess that many of the farangs that run foul with Thai women is that they have fallen in love with the 1st young girl that said "you very handsome man, you have wife?" They have actually fallen head over heels with the false smiles and words and don't realise that the moment they walked into that bar they were a scam target.

I think most of they Thai women are sincere. You don't go to a brothel back home in search of bride. Just look in the right places and away from the sleaze and you reduce your risks of suicide and being scammed dramatically.

MONEY..?? BARGIRL..?? I am married to a Thai lady. who was not a bargirl, and I don't have much money, so the question seems wildly out of step with reality...

I am sure no female Thai partner has ever seen an angry farang man ............. or have they?

Having visited here for 5 years, and subsequently lived here full time for 6+ years, I have never seen a farang man that I consider to be less that a 100% ideal husband. Why can't their Thai partners just wake up, and realise how lucky they are. thumbsup.gif

Lets not forget thet this girls comes in different flavors. When saying that i mean that the girls are on different levels. Most girls coming from Isan to work in bars in Pattaya,Phuket or Bangkok are nice girls. But after falling in love with the wrong guy the girls are changing. Most guys are there for the fun and not to find love. So when the girls see and understand this they do the same. And yes they will screw you over if they can.

I think the key to a good relatinship with a Thai girl is to find a girl who have not been in the game for to long time.

Step 1 bar worker.

Step 2 freelancer.

Step 3 go go,sopie or short time bars.

I might be wrong bout if you looking for love in a go go. Do i think you are at the wrong place. I have seen it over and over again. But if you try to find a girl who is not that hardcore. Do i think and know its still hope. I did marry last year and my wife is in Europe with me now. Just been together for 2 years so its to early to say anything. But now it all feels and looks great.

Age plays a big deal to. So if you think you can find love when you are 30 years older then the girl. Do i wish you good luck !!

Edited by HayabusaGSX
  • Like 1

Never mind woman - any angry Thai is an awesome and dreadful sight to behold - in 10 years of happy marriage only had it one time which resulted in the only apology I've ever had. Jai yen jai yen please. Women are always right as we educated men come to know and accept.

• Like 1

It's safe if you don't give her access to your bank account.

Why do you say that?

My Thai wife was on my credit cards before I got rid of them all, we had a joint UK account, we have a joint account here plus she has her own and so do I.

If you can't trust your wife of ANY nationality then you are best off staying unmarried.

If you CAN trust your wife both of you made a good choice in partners.

I did the second time around.

I consider myself quite lucky.

I met my now TGF in her first week of staying in Pattaya, so I was an early bird with her and though she worked a further 6 months before she gave up I think it was ok so she can experience a wide range of men from different nationalitys so to be sure I tick all the boxes for her, which by all acounts I do and she lubs me very much and is exclusive to me. She spent the summer in the UK so we could see how we get on and generally all good. The usual suspects of PMT, tiredness would ruffle the feathers but thats just business as usual in any relationship.

She is very cute and attracts attention but that's going to happen for years to come. She has bought me a big gold ring to wear on my wedding finger as I did for her at her request as she wants to let people see she is "married" and she does not want any girls coming up to me when in Thailand.

We are exclusive, it can work but like a previous post, you have to catch a newbie. A seasoned Pattaya girl will be the death of you!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How about just finding a women who's not involved in the sex industry at all?

More dangerous. At least with a former sex trade worker, you have your guard up to some extent.

With a hiso Chinese - Thai woman with two degrees and a high paying job like most of the posters

here seem to be married to, your guard would be down. Thus opening you up to host of problems....

• Like 1

I met my now TGF in her first week of staying in Pattaya, so I was an early bird with her and though she worked a further 6 months before she gave up I think it was ok so she can experience a wide range of men from different nationalitys so to be sure I tick all the boxes for her, which by all acounts I do and she lubs me very much and is exclusive to me. She spent the summer in the UK so we could see how we get on and generally all good. The usual suspects of PMT, tiredness would ruffle the feathers but thats just business as usual in any relationship.

Tell me the old, old story.

Before they get to Pattaya they work in a Thai brothel for a few years, then a 6 month stint at Orchid Towers (think 8 a day for five years). If you believe any Thai sex worker does her first tricks with foreigners, I have a bridge I would like to sell you (I've only been living under it a couple of weeks). The girls usually go to Pattaya when they are too worn/old for the locals to want any more.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Tell me the old, old story.

Before they get to Pattaya they work in a Thai brothel for a few years, then a 6 month stint at Orchid Towers (think 8 a day for five years). If you believe any Thai sex worker does her first tricks with foreigners, I have a bridge I would like to sell you (I've only been living under it a couple of weeks). The girls usually go to Pattaya when they are too worn/old for the locals to want any more.

What a joke !!

• Like 1

How about just finding a women who's not involved in the sex industry at all?

Some girls are so clever. Them have a normal day job. And when the night comes them go to clubs,bars to find a sponser or a boy friend. A average Thai girl not want to marry with you or me.

Edited by HayabusaGSX

It's safe if you don't give her access to your bank account.

Why do you say that?

My Thai wife was on my credit cards before I got rid of them all, we had a joint UK account, we have a joint account here plus she has her own and so do I.

If you can't trust your wife of ANY nationality then you are best off staying unmarried.

If you CAN trust your wife both of you made a good choice in partners.

I did the second time around.

None of the males in my family (going back as far as my grandfather) have ever co-mingled funds, had joint accounts, given out PIN numbers, had joint credit cards, or anything like that. Everyone needs to protect themselves. My g/f has no interest in any of my business and her bank accounts, mutual funds, and properties that she owns, she has owned before we met 6 years ago. She knows that foreigners can't own land here so the subject never comes up. If I would ever buy property here it would be in our child's name.

• Like 1

Thanks, "elektrified" for replying though rudely and arrogantly to my post. I am not going to argue with you for the smart ass comments you made. I am sorry if any part of my comments hurt your feeling for any reason and caused you to throw those bombs at me. Those experiences did not occur from looking for love in the wrong place. Part of my work is to handle investigation cases related to marriage frauds involving foreigners and Thai girls. We coordinate with law firms both overseas and in Thailand.

I must share with everyone else here that I wrote my post on Friday to share "my" real experiences and my comments and opinions are based on them. Individual experiences are different from one another. Good experiences are good times but bad experiences can be learned from and adapt the learning into good use.

Overall, I do agree with someone else here that this question may be asked differently as it rather depends on each individual whether the marriage will work, not on nationality or profession although we tend to generalize the scenario a bit sometimes. Lasting marriages that I am aware of involve thorough sharing of expectations by both parties through every stage of the marriage, continual progress and agreeable journey, understanding of the life journey, true love and ability to build the connection with one another towards soul level. Thanks for reading.

No need to get married if you don't feel safe!

Advice like: Great many happy marriages so the answer yould have to be yes.

is nothing but a personal experience he has himself experienced, but not necessarily the truth. I think he lost out on this!

<snip>"...The girls that have troubled me recently, for instances are the following types:..."

What a pathetic post and what a sad life you have (if true). I've been visiting the Kingdom regularly for more than 25 years and have lived here for about 7 now. I've never gone out with or been involved with drug users, prostitutes, scammers, mama-san hairdressers, bar girls who are "teamed up with police", women with secret Thai husbands, women controlled by the mafia, or any of the other things you talk about.

Where on earth, or better yet, under what rock did you manage to find a selection of individuals like that? Talk about looking for love in all the wrong places!

Admit it, some may be found easily under your nose or on your bed one day when you are substantively cultivated.