Ice cubes sticking in the freezer tray.

thaibeachlovers

Not trying to be flippant but if one side of the tray freezes properly perhaps rotate the tray as it sounds like your freezer is colder in one spot. I actually gave up trying as the fridge door seems like it is open more than it's closed and I buy ice now and I'm grumpy when they are sold out of the slow melt ice:)

Hold tray side ways on that bad side under running water few seconds they will pop out..

Edit: New trays at Big C are 35 baht each with lid..[bought 2 more as replacements last week].I maybe different but have a big plastic tub in freezer, always have passed 9 years, so when getting low on ice tip all the ice from trays into this.. I have 10 ice trays, so yes sometimes some stick

Edited by ignis

To save me starting a new topic since we're on the subject of ice and freezers...why does my bread not freeze?

The ice stays frozen but bread can be in there for a week and does not freeze at all.

Double check you are not actually buying high temp bread. This caused me a lot of problems too when I first arrived in Thailand.

• Like 1

I have a problem with the cubes not releasing from the freezer tray. Only half of them release, and it's always the same side of the tray that they stick in.
Anyone have a solution?
Which side of the tray?
Maybe your one wrist is weaker than the other?
But, joking aside, it's probably the Thai water. I t does not freeze well.

To save me starting a new topic since we're on the subject of ice and freezers...why does my bread not freeze?

The ice stays frozen but bread can be in there for a week and does not freeze at all.

Double check you are not actually buying high temp bread. This caused me a lot of problems too when I first arrived in Thailand.

What is high temp bread? What problems did it cause you?

Not trying to be flippant but if one side of the tray freezes properly perhaps rotate the tray as it sounds like your freezer is colder in one spot. I actually gave up trying as the fridge door seems like it is open more than it's closed and I buy ice now and I'm grumpy when they are sold out of the slow melt ice:)

Hmmmmm. A few pretty wet replies ( must have too much time on their hands ), but to those that actually took the time to try and help me, thank you.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that the trays are the flipper ones that come supplied with the fridge, so I can't twist them, rotate them, or hit them with a hammer etc etc. Having a full freezer, don't have space to store a bag of shop bought cubes either. Given that every fridge freezer sold now comes with the built in flipper trays I guess I didn't think it worth mentioning.

Hold tray side ways on that bad side under running water few seconds they will pop out..

Edit: New trays at Big C are 35 baht each with lid..[bought 2 more as replacements last week].I maybe different but have a big plastic tub in freezer, always have passed 9 years, so when getting low on ice tip all the ice from trays into this.. I have 10 ice trays, so yes sometimes some stick

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll try that.