Whats happening with the baht

The strengths & weaknesses of all currencies are manipulated to suit the powers that be . The £ is now strong against the $ & the Euro, how can this possibly be when the country is in such a mess . Being run by an incompitant government .

Mainly because it is up against countrys that are also in a mess and run by incomitant governments.also

• Like 2

The strengths & weaknesses of all currencies are manipulated to suit the powers that be . The £ is now strong against the $ & the Euro, how can this possibly be when the country is in such a mess . Being run by an incompitant government .

true! the real power is wielded by aliens from the Delta Quadrant which invaded planet Earth some time ago and manipulate since then all currency movements.

• Like 2

Every dog has its day.

true! the real power is wielded by aliens from the Delta Quadrant which invaded planet Earth some time ago and manipulate since then all currency movements.

that is classified information Mr. Worf.

that is classified information Mr. Worf.

don't tell anybody! wink.png

The question I am now starting to asking myself is at what baht rate against the £ would my resolve fail and I feel impelled towards purchasing an apartment?

Stark contrast to the Brits who were threatening to sell up and go back to the UK if the baht gained any more ground on their currency. When was that - 3-4 months ago ? That's when the 'resolve' was needed wink.png

Sometimes a trend seems to have formed and almost set in stone. That was certainly the case with GBPTHB until very recently indeed and bar room and locker room chat wouldn't have told you otherwise. It is not so easy to hold the line when all the push appears to be in the opposite direction. When GBPTHB reached 43+ and was pointing downwards most of the chitter chatter was speculating even further downwards. The smart guys were buying 'worthless' sterling with their up, up and away baht.

Buying GBP ? Most of the talk in that thread seemed to be about how quickly one might get oneself on a plane back to the Old Blighty. Spare a thought for those who did and are now faced with the prospect of their first real Winter in decades.

whenever i look at it i don't think its a question of what has happened to the baht

for the last 5 years + the US$ has sat between 30-33 to the baht.

whereas the £ sterling has plummeted.

this is not an issue of the pound against the baht ..(70 down to sub 50)

its the pound against the dollar that dictates what we get

if we get more dollar for our pound then we by default get more baht for the pound.

correct assumption thumbsup.gif

Naam for someone who didn't know what Cable was I'd take your Forex Assumptions with a pinch of salt........coffee1.gif

Not as incompetent as the governments who are pulling the strings on the USD and EUR, obviously.

• Like 1

Looks like the Baht just gained all of a sudden to 49.57. My chart looks like it fell off a cliff. Hopefully that's a temporary thing.

Looks like some profit taking!

Larry Summers withdraws from the number one job at the Fed., the alternative to him is a monetary dove.

whenever i look at it i don't think its a question of what has happened to the baht

for the last 5 years + the US$ has sat between 30-33 to the baht.

whereas the £ sterling has plummeted.

this is not an issue of the pound against the baht ..(70 down to sub 50)

its the pound against the dollar that dictates what we get

if we get more dollar for our pound then we by default get more baht for the pound.

correct assumption thumbsup.gif

Naam for someone who didn't know what Cable was I'd take your Forex Assumptions with a pinch of salt........coffee1.gif

the assumptions of an accredited and experienced investor differ considerably from those of a poor daytrader tongue.png

Looks like the Baht just gained all of a sudden to 49.57. My chart looks like it fell off a cliff. Hopefully that's a temporary thing.

Looks like some profit taking!

Larry Summers withdraws from the number one job at the Fed., the alternative to him is a monetary dove.

That's pretty much it--in the short term. With lowered expectations for a fed interest rate hike in the short term, the market goes up, dollar goes down. But there's other stuff going on as well, including funds flow in and out of Thailand. You guys shouldn't be getting alarmed (or excited) over short term fluctuations. Too much money floating around, who knows where it will go. But I do believe the dollar has said bye-bye to the 20's.