Thailand to introduce e-Visa from 2015

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy days for some, a disaster for others.

If they add a criminal record check to the visa application as they do in some countries ( and why wouldn't they ) then some of these "notorious" highly connected thugs wandering about the place playing the part of the Godfather will be barred entry.

I'm loving it already. drunk.gif

Not sure where you dreamed that one up blether !

This is a simplified system and it works like clockwork for Cambodia (would work even better if e-visas were accepted at every point of entry).

HOWEVER, in Cambodia the e-visa system is only used for one month tourist visas - Thailand is visa exempt in those circumstances.

I cannot imagine that the e-visa system could be used for Non-Imm 'Ó's etc

• Like 1

If they add a criminal record check to the visa application as they do in some countries ( and why wouldn't they ) then some of these "notorious" highly connected thugs wandering about the place playing the part of the Godfather will be barred entry.

They can't do a criminal record check in this way. Some countries ask if arrivals have criminal records to scare them into admitting it, but, if they lie, there is no way to tell unless they have a current warrant out for their arrest. I think that maybe Canada and the US share this kind of information and maybe countries inside the EU, but mostly countries do not make this kind of information about their citizens accessible.

Edited by Ulysses G.

They can't do a criminal record check in this way. Some countries ask if arrivals have criminal records to scare them into admitting it, but, if they lie, there is no way to tell unless they have a current warrant out for their arrest. I think that maybe Canada and the US share this kind of information and maybe countries inside the EU, but mostly countries do not make this kind of information about their citizens accessible.

In the US criminal records are considered public records. With a name and date of birth I can go online and do a criminal records check by paying a fee of $1.25. The national sex offenders registry is even easier.
  • Like 2

Have good and bad

How to check current extension, reports, etc, etc? Individual also must have access to this system. Or they want to not issue visa stickers only?

Also, a lot of businesses can lost about 300+ clients every day in Laos, for example - international buses, hotels, etc.

A lot of things unclear.

Fine for crossing the border (assuming the computers are working), but with nothing stamped in your passport, once you are in the country, there is obviously no visual check possible. So, if someone needs to verify your status, there would have to be some efficient (ha!) way to check to see if your visa (or permission) is valid and current. The cops or whomever would have to have some way of accessing the database to check it 24/7, wouldn't they?

• Like 1

" certain types of visas can be applied for online."

Perhaps up to 2 months double entries...

My Non-immigrant O-A requires reports:

-police

-bank

-doctor

All to be notarized..

Online is not for tomorrow....

Notarization only required at Lost Angeles and Chicago. Washington DC (embassy) and New York (consulate) do not have the silly notary requirement

This is a simplified system and it works like clockwork for Cambodia (would work even better if e-visas were accepted at every point of entry).

HOWEVER, in Cambodia the e-visa system is only used for one month tourist visas - Thailand is visa exempt in those circumstances.

I cannot imagine that the e-visa system could be used for Non-Imm 'Ó's etc

Obviously you have never applied for an E-visa for Australia.

Go through the process and you will see that you are asked if you have spent more than 12 months in custody. People being turned back by the US due to their criminal record is a regular occurrence too. China also requests criminal record disclosure before a visa is granted.

These new generation E-Visas linked to passports will soon result in a tightening up at the border points. There's no dreaming about it, computer cross referencing will become far more common at Border Controls in future. Criminal records will start following people across the World.

• Like 2

Au Contraire UG, your country is the best in the World at turning back people with criminal records at Immigration. They're accessing the information somehow......they even state that you can be denied entry even if you have a valid visa.

http://www.us-immigration.com/blog/denied-entry-into-the-us-at-the-airport-what-to-do