Blobfish Voted World's Ugliest Animal (PHOTO)

Maestro

Blobfish Voted World's Ugliest Animal (PHOTO)

Posted: 09/12/2013 6:29 pm EDT

The blobfish is officially the ugliest animal on the planet.

The endangered deep-sea creature, dubbed a "marine Jabba the Hut" by the Guardian, was voted the world's most hideous animal as part of an online competition conducted by the Ugly Animal Preservation Society.

post-21260-0-32479500-1379081877_thumb.j

The ugly animal contest, a partnership with the National Science + Engineering Competition in the United Kingdom, aimed to encourage "young people to get involved in conservation projects, as well as [to help] promote animals with faces only a mother could love," according to an earlier press release obtained by the Huffington Post.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/blobfish-ugliest-animal_n_3916385.html

That's a bit harsh when Katie Price and Kerry Katona are still out there.

The name of top-heavy Katie Price looks familiar from my voracious reading of newspapers but Kerry Katona is an unknown quantity to me. Both of them would appear to be humans and therefore disqualified to enter the World's Ugliest Animal contest.

That's a bit harsh when Katie Price and Kerry Katona are still out there.

The name of top-heavy Katie Price looks familiar from my voracious reading of newspapers but Kerry Katona is an unknown quantity to me. Both of them would appear to be humans and therefore disqualified to enter the World's Ugliest Animal contest.

Really? So what are we, vegetables or minerals?