Does your half Thai child have "that" birthmark?

krisb

Mines got what looks like a bruise around her tail bone on her back. Its a birthmark that apparently half Asians get. Its probably about 2 inches big/wide.

Does your half Asian child have it also? And where?

no idea. i didnt even know it was common, does look like an unfinished tattoo though

i have just looked up mongolian spot and i must say her mark is more aesthetically pleasant than any example of that on the web.

As i said it could be a tattoo if you dint know better.

by the way mine is 7, the mark isnt going anywhere

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk

My daughter was born with a crescent shaped, 2 inch long reddish,bruise colored birthmark on her right forearm.

It disappeared when she was a little over two years old.

I was born with one near my navel...I'm 100% euro decent.

Birthmarks are common and many go away.

no idea. i didnt even know it was common, does look like an unfinished tattoo though

i have just looked up mongolian spot and i must say her mark is more aesthetically pleasant than any example of that on the web.

Give it a chance....

" It normally disappears three to five years after birth and almost always by puberty."

The UK hospital were our two little ones were born called it a Mongolian Blue spot and they said it was exetremley common in mixed race children.

Due to its similarity in appearance to a bruise it is standard procedure in our hospital to record it & it's location in the birth records in case of potential problems with social services later on.

Both our children have it, our little girl its on her thigh, about an inch in size & looks more like a smudge, her mother worries for her a little latter in life in swimsuits.

Good news to hear it has a good chance of dissappearing.

Our little boy who will be 3 in November I am ashamed to admit I can't remember it's size & location, but as I help out with bathing & nappies that should give an indication of it's size and promenance.

• Like 1

Unfinished tattoo :lol:

Good description GDD!

Mines got what looks like a bruise around her tail bone on her back. Its a birthmark that apparently half Asians get. Its probably about 2 inches big/wide.

My son, 2 years old in August has exactly the same mark, bottom of tail bone and onto one butt check. slightly blueish.

First time I saw it I thought it was a big bruise and freaked out.

Looks about the same from newborn to now.

Didn't know it was a common trait for these type of kids.

• Like 1

My son, 2 years old in August has exactly the same mark, bottom of tail bone and onto one butt check. slightly blueish.

First time I saw it I thought it was a big bruise and freaked out.

Looks about the same from newborn to now.

Didn't know it was a common trait for these type of kids.

My son has it too. He is 4 years old now.