SCB ATM card,

The raised/punched numbers were primarily for use in the old style receipt imprint manual machines...those days are pretty much gone. I haven't had an imprint done on a card in over a decade...would probably feel uncomfortable if an imprint was done. However, my U.S. credit/debit cards still come with raised/punched numbers.

The raised/punched numbers were primarily for use in the old style receipt imprint manual machines...those days are pretty much gone. I haven't had an imprint done on a card in over a decade...would probably feel uncomfortable if an imprint was done. However, my U.S. credit/debit cards still come with raised/punched numbers.

Yes, and usually in the same color as the rest of the card so that you can't easily read it when someone wants your card number for verification over the phone. I love having to tilt the card to get the light just right to read the numbers blink.png

Yes, and usually in the same color as the rest of the card so that you can't easily read it when someone wants your card number for verification over the phone. I love having to tilt the card to get the light just right to read the numbers blink.png

Amen...totally agree...the raised numbers can indeed be hard to see sometimes which I guess is a good thing to keep crooks from being able to see the numbers without doing all of that tilting which takes additional time and the right light...plus you would be more likely to notice them doing that..and crooks may not have time to do this if they only have your card for a few seconds while they process it on the Point of Service machine. But some crooks now days would probably just quickly snap a picture of the card if you are not looking with their smartphone and then later zoom in to view the numbers....I always stay close to my card when it's being processed to help prevent curious eyes from having a chance to look very much or long at the card....front or back, especially if I think they are also trying to look at the 3 or 4 digit security code usually on the back of the card (American Express cards have the security code on the front....or at least mine does).