Greek claims Thai girlfriend swindled him out of Phuket property, two million baht

Lite Beer

Nothing surprising there....I have been married to a Thai woman for 17 years....greedy, self centered...has a house by Payoon Beach...a restaurant in the USA and treats me like the family dog....its all about her....its par for the course with Thai women...so all I have to do is look in the mirror and as it was so aply stated in the old movie Animal House...."face it flounder...you f@cked up, you trusted us".....Its all on me for trying to think with the wrong head...

Worst mistake I ever made....thank God for Soi 6 (wink)

Edited by robkey69
  • Like 2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rent. Nothing extravagant, for sure. I have no interests in bar girls, been there done that. Not interested in having a house or a condo even if I could afford it. And I am not interested in getting married, again. When you explain these issues to a Thai woman over dinner, you learn very quickly if they are interested in you as a person or if they are 'gold-diggers'. As a result, I have found that my honesty has attracted relative sincere Thai women who are somewhat financially independent, intelligent and fun to be with. But it is by no means an easy task. As some of the other posters have noted, where is the financial security for a Thai woman in the situation I have explained. None whatsoever. If Thailand allowed for joint ownership or tenancy in common for married couples, one would still face the complexity of dividing assets if a divorced occurred or the relationship soured. Most states in the US apply the rule of community property in the event of a divorce. Which means a 50-50 split plus the issues of child support and or custody of the children - if there are any. When I divorced in the US, I relinquished ownership of the our house to my wife in exchange for her giving up any claims to my retirement pay. Not the best decision from a financial standpoint but I didn't want to throw her and my kids out on the street, either. When I meet Thai women that tell me that I have to have a car, own a condo, or build a house, I just say I am not interested in doing that. This is my life - if you are looking for more, you need to find someone else. But having said all this, I have certainly parted with more money than I should have in being the Diogenes of finding the 'honest' (Thai) woman.

"When you explain these issues to a Thai woman over dinner, you learn very quickly if they are interested in you as a person or if they are 'gold-diggers'." - did it ever occur to you that they couldn't care less what you "explain" to them - all they were after was just a free restaurant dinner. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

The cost of dinner is relatively a 'low' risk compared to losing a house and two million baht wouldn't you say? And I choose the restaurant! How do you meet the women you are interested in?

So, you admit there is a 'low risk" that the women is only interested in a free meal. smile.png

I meet the Thai women I am "interested in" at the various beer bars, so, no risk at.

It seems we are "interested" in them for very different reasons.

The 'risk' is the amount of money involved. I have met some women who appeared to be only interested in a free meal. I have met others who were sincerely interested in meeting me. I have met others who I was very interested in but they were not interested in me. Others were interested in me but I wasn't interested in them. For the most part, if you meet a Thai woman who isn't working in a bar, they are working in a job 6-7 days a week with very little free time. The biggest barrier in getting to know a 'respectable' Thai woman here is the demands placed on them by their work and family. It seems that very few of the people who have wrote about Thai women in this thread know much about Thai women outside of women working in a bar. I find that really sad.

• Like 1

Heard such stories before. The guy was not careful enough. Now he pays the price.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They were together a number of years so he ended up trusting her, unless he had a Condo he cannot have any other property in his name, and fancy him letting her have access to an account with 2 mil in it, poor bugger but he has learned an expensive lesson. The Thai authorities do not give a sh*t and his embassy will not help him. Poor bugger, another one hits the dust.

I get the impression that some folk on here read these sort of stories with glee.

The guy was maybe naive or too trusting i dont know bit from a compassion point of view you do yourself no favours by ridiculing him.

As for the comments about him smoking and not being handsome i find them a bit embarrassing to be honest.

I never view these stories as entertainment or with delight, but with great sadness in fact, although it doesnt mean that I have a lot of sympathy for these guys.

These women are taking advantage of the naive, the lonely, the desperate, the vulnerable, the gullible and perhaps some may describe these men as the less intelligent, who are blinded by their hopes and dreams and deny to themselves the reality of the situation until it comes along and smacks them in the face.

These women are in fact scammers but on a grand scale.

If anyone reading this thread is in a similar situation at the moment or considering becoming deeply involved with Thai women, especially if you are an older guy, than you do so at your own risk and discretion.

Remember the golden rules:

If a woman truly loves you, she will go anywhere with you and money will be a low priority on her list.

Avoid if most of her problems can only be sorted with money.

The case of this Greek man is not the first of it`s kind and will not be the last, or in other words, there is one born every minute.

You have givern some very good advice on this subject, lets hope people take note and learn.

Listen guys you lot take it from me right here. I met the mother of my daughter 9 years ago, she was 18 i was 35. This girl was brand new, and i mean brand spanking new. When i pulled them knickers down for the first time, i was chipping out of the rough with a sand wedge. I had the bar, three actually. Sold them a long time ago. As a 35 year old man at the time, i had to watch, listen and console grown men twice my age who had been taken to the cleaners by Thai women. It wont happen to me was the cry, until the shit hit the fan. It was a very humbling experience seeing a conveyor belt of guys getting systematically robbed blind. Truth is , there is no way to stop it. The place is set up for it. People who have been here for a while will agree with me when i say the most difficult part of moving out here is the lack of routine. The one thing we all come out here without is the consciousness of routine and the implications that surround one of the most fundamental things every one of us have in our culture. From the time we leave that cot we are all regimented into out culture. From the first cries of, get out of bed, your breakfast is on the table and your going to be late for school. Right up until you are ground hogged in a job that is, "for many, not all". Tedious, boring depressing and basically living a life of building up to a weekend on the same orders. Week in and week out. We are for the most part institutionalized in the UK, over there we have a rough idea what we will be doing next week, maybe two weeks down the line, we mostly know what we will be doing in the evenings, the mornings, the noon's and the nights. Our women are also institutionalized, as a man we are looked at as a provider and a breeder. This is where most of the problems start. We are a vulnerable peoples, especially when our routine has been striped away and we have a licence to think for ourselves. Yes, we all think we think, but we do not think outside our culture zone because we never have a situation over there where we need to. You come out here and for the first 2 years you are waking up looking for your uniform, boots, suit, boiler suit, you name it. The place and the people here are a fair ground ride, we get on board and we cant get off. We are drifting on a daily basis in a world of emotional instability, insecurity, and ignorance. For us this is a lethal combination because we have always lived under the work, family, routine blanket. Only so much can go wrong there and what does go wrong, most of it is predictable anyway. Out here you are alone emotionally, you need to think for yourself, occupy yourself, become extremely vigilant, conscious, and smart. This is the reason why 90% of the under 50s fail here. The ones who have money can afford to be taken advantage of and still survive, then again money and emotions can conflict. As for my wife she is manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This has not been influenced on her by sadistic Pattaya journey girls, she does not drink, smoke and work! If i can get an 18 year old clean slate 9 years ago and do nothing but offer trust, advice, security, status, money, car, house, and this person is naturally unsentimental, heartless, disrespectful, deceitful and genetically flawed, what chances do most people have.

... you just nailed it mon !

After sittin here over 28 yrs and watching lots of similar bs going down all over again I can't anything else but fully agree ... especially to ur last 3 sentences ...!

And here's another main reason why many effed-over foreigners do not even "claim" what had been nothing but stolen from them:

You sue - you win (which will take you years, but that's not much different to USA/EU) - and meanwhile the bitch has nothing (left) to grab back ... just peachy, ain't it ...?!

Of course u can dump another 50 - 150 grand THB into lawyers and court fees just to receive a lovely pice of paper stating you won, you've been effed before, you're the good one ... worth nothing but to decorate your john, might at least help you do them businesses there ...

So - as someone already stated above - one's options are laugh, cry or put a nice 11mm chinarmysidegunbullet into some brains ... well, heads ... or at least knee-caps ... 'cause something like that would be the just naturally response of a lot of thai-victims instead of foreigners, seems to be lingua franca/modus operandi here concerning that department anyway and it's well understood & respected by all involved - well i could rely to that ...!

• Like 1

How many times have we all heard a similar story. Hard to know whether to feel sorry for the guy or call him a fool ....

Well, as he's Greek, probably didn't subscribe to TV, so might have been unaware of this all too common scam.

However, letting her have any way to access 2 million, IMO, makes him the latter.

Listen guys you lot take it from me right here. I met the mother of my daughter 9 years ago, she was 18 i was 35. This girl was brand new, and i mean brand spanking new. When i pulled them knickers down for the first time, i was chipping out of the rough with a sand wedge. I had the bar, three actually. Sold them a long time ago. As a 35 year old man at the time, i had to watch, listen and console grown men twice my age who had been taken to the cleaners by Thai women. It wont happen to me was the cry, until the shit hit the fan. It was a very humbling experience seeing a conveyor belt of guys getting systematically robbed blind. Truth is , there is no way to stop it. The place is set up for it. People who have been here for a while will agree with me when i say the most difficult part of moving out here is the lack of routine. The one thing we all come out here without is the consciousness of routine and the implications that surround one of the most fundamental things every one of us have in our culture. From the time we leave that cot we are all regimented into out culture. From the first cries of, get out of bed, your breakfast is on the table and your going to be late for school. Right up until you are ground hogged in a job that is, "for many, not all". Tedious, boring depressing and basically living a life of building up to a weekend on the same orders. Week in and week out. We are for the most part institutionalized in the UK, over there we have a rough idea what we will be doing next week, maybe two weeks down the line, we mostly know what we will be doing in the evenings, the mornings, the noon's and the nights. Our women are also institutionalized, as a man we are looked at as a provider and a breeder. This is where most of the problems start. We are a vulnerable peoples, especially when our routine has been striped away and we have a licence to think for ourselves. Yes, we all think we think, but we do not think outside our culture zone because we never have a situation over there where we need to. You come out here and for the first 2 years you are waking up looking for your uniform, boots, suit, boiler suit, you name it. The place and the people here are a fair ground ride, we get on board and we cant get off. We are drifting on a daily basis in a world of emotional instability, insecurity, and ignorance. For us this is a lethal combination because we have always lived under the work, family, routine blanket. Only so much can go wrong there and what does go wrong, most of it is predictable anyway. Out here you are alone emotionally, you need to think for yourself, occupy yourself, become extremely vigilant, conscious, and smart. This is the reason why 90% of the under 50s fail here. The ones who have money can afford to be taken advantage of and still survive, then again money and emotions can conflict. As for my wife she is manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This has not been influenced on her by sadistic Pattaya journey girls, she does not drink, smoke and work! If i can get an 18 year old clean slate 9 years ago and do nothing but offer trust, advice, security, status, money, car, house, and this person is naturally unsentimental, heartless, disrespectful, deceitful and genetically flawed, what chances do most people have.

Sorry, but you married a girl, yes a GIRL, not a woman, and from the sound of it GAVE her everything.

How could you possibly have anything in common with someone so much younger than yourself?

In my experience, young people that are given everything, grow up just as you describe.

I too married a Thai woman younger than myself, but she wasn't a GIRL when I met her, she was already a woman, working, with her own house. I didn't GIVE her everything, she has to work for her own money, just like a woman back in the west usually has to.

Too many western men come here, marry a Thai girl and then let her sit around getting bored- the devil makes mischief for idle hands, as they say.

I get the impression that some folk on here read these sort of stories with glee.

The guy was maybe naive or too trusting i dont know bit from a compassion point of view you do yourself no favours by ridiculing him.

As for the comments about him smoking and not being handsome i find them a bit embarrassing to be honest.

I never view these stories as entertainment or with delight, but with great sadness in fact, although it doesn’t mean that I have a lot of sympathy for these guys.

These women are taking advantage of the naive, the lonely, the desperate, the vulnerable, the gullible and perhaps some may describe these men as the less intelligent, who are blinded by their hopes and dreams and deny to themselves the reality of the situation until it comes along and smacks them in the face.

These women are in fact scammers but on a grand scale.

If anyone reading this thread is in a similar situation at the moment or considering becoming deeply involved with Thai women, especially if you are an older guy, than you do so at your own risk and discretion.

Remember the golden rules:

If a woman truly loves you, she will go anywhere with you and money will be a low priority on her list.

Avoid if most of her problems can only be sorted with money.

The case of this Greek man is not the first of it`s kind and will not be the last, or in other words, there is one born every minute.

Your description of the THAI women could be changed to WESTERN women.

My western ex was just like that, and I was just as naive, and ended up with just as little.

Not just in Thailand................................

Never trust a Thai wife, her family is far more important then you, you are just good enough for delivering money. Never buy property in Thailand, you lost it already in the moment you pay it. I know too many similar stories like this one here. In addition, for farangs it is not possible to buy in the own name, condos only, and this is of no interest. And prices are far too high nowadays, for the same price you can get a very decent house in Eastern Europe or in Latin America, there even lower.

Agreed. I love my Thai wife, and I'm pretty sure she loves me, but completely untrustworthy with money, which is why I would NEVER let her have access to my money again.

Regardless of her feelings for me, the biggest problem for us is her family, and I had to make it crystal clear BEFORE we married that I wasn't giving her family any money, or buying them anything. The only exception I have made to that rule, was that after we got engaged I helped her pay off her nephew's motorbike which she was buying for him. Since then, given what a little **** he is, I regret having even done that much.

Also agree about never buying any property here. IMO anyone that marries a Thai woman and gives her everything; house, car etc etc is only thinking with the dumb stick. Would they have done that with a western woman back home?

Another thief in a land of thieves. What a surprise. Next.

Land of thieves? Typical TV butthurt poster without brain. Why the hell do you even live here if things you know are only bad ones,judging all country? bah tv posters make me sick. It's his fault if he don't know with what kind of girl he's marrying to.It so funny when some foreigners marry with prostitute and than complain everything it's about money and they stole their money,well she ain't in this business for fun. Some foreigners are missing half brain

Except that some of us married University Graduate professionals (In my case a civil engineer and linguist) and we still get scammed. There is something in the Thai personality that seems to say that this behaviour is OK. My sad, but personal experience, is that Lying is not a problem in Thailand. Nor is corruption. Nor is ... well we could go on and on. But it's all OK because one visit to the monks and it's all OK again. Just an afterthought - when the ex visited the UK a year or two back after her scam, she had the damned cheek to accuse me!

Something not confined to Thai women.

• Like 1

Never trust a Thai wife, her family is far more important then you, you are just good enough for delivering money. Never buy property in Thailand, you lost it already in the moment you pay it. I know too many similar stories like this one here. In addition, for farangs it is not possible to buy in the own name, condos only, and this is of no interest. And prices are far too high nowadays, for the same price you can get a very decent house in Eastern Europe or in Latin America, there even lower.

Agreed. I love my Thai wife, and I'm pretty sure she loves me, but completely untrustworthy with money, which is why I would NEVER let her have access to my money again.

Regardless of her feelings for me, the biggest problem for us is her family, and I had to make it crystal clear BEFORE we married that I wasn't giving her family any money, or buying them anything. The only exception I have made to that rule, was that after we got engaged I helped her pay off her nephew's motorbike which she was buying for him. Since then, given what a little **** he is, I regret having even done that much.

Also agree about never buying any property here. IMO anyone that marries a Thai woman and gives her everything; house, car etc etc is only thinking with the dumb stick. Would they have done that with a western woman back home?

"which is why I would NEVER let her have access to my money again." - the operative word being, "AGAIN."

Sounds like she got enough money the first time, and you are still with her. :) :)

Was she like this due to thai culture? Why did you marry such a woman and also mind sharing your story as to how you got such a lady. These ladies usually start off you know with some thai guy and all that and by the time they work the bars they already been to places, have kids, seen the world so to speak. How did u get something fresh?

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Sorry, but you married a girl, yes a GIRL, not a woman, and from the sound of it GAVE her everything.

How could you possibly have anything in common with someone so much younger than yourself?

In my experience, young people that are given everything, grow up just as you describe.

I too married a Thai woman younger than myself, but she wasn't a GIRL when I met her, she was already a woman, working, with her own house. I didn't GIVE her everything, she has to work for her own money, just like a woman back in the west usually has to.

Too many western men come here, marry a Thai girl and then let her sit around getting bored- the devil makes mischief for idle hands, as they say.

I have a 7 year old daughter, i have been with her for 9 years, i have only been married for 2 years. I was 35 when we met not 65 my friend. You say. How could you possibly have anything in common with someone so much younger than yourself? Well to be honest with you, i would have to say that no one has anything in common with any girl here initially. For the first several years she was learning to communicate with me and i her. We do not speak the same language if you did not notice. And if you do then this may not be a good move on your part. My theory was the fact that she was young and inexperienced in life in general and so her maturing into adulthood along side me would have an influence on her. This was the case, she knows me, my personality, my views, my likes and my dislikes. And one huge factor is she actually loves me my friend. I am not 100 years old!! I also had the benefit of a relationship without the interference of her comparing me with anyone else. In my experience mate there are three avenues you can take here. The avenue i took or look for an old deer who is washing the glasses and setting up the pool table. The only other choice is the vast majority of women who are in the middle, pattayarised, full of sponsors and ruthless. Her hands are not idle, as it happens she enjoys taking care of me and the home. I want for nothing. However the flip side to all this is a Thai person in general. I could take her out of Thailand but i know i can never take Thailand out of her.

I have a 7 year old daughter, i have been with her for 9 years, i have only been married for 2 years. I was 35 when we met not 65 my friend. You say. How could you possibly have anything in common with someone so much younger than yourself? Well to be honest with you, i would have to say that no one has anything in common with any girl here initially. For the first several years she was learning to communicate with me and i her. We do not speak the same language if you did not notice. And if you do then this may not be a good move on your part. My theory was the fact that she was young and inexperienced in life in general and so her maturing into adulthood along side me would have an influence on her. This was the case, she knows me, my personality, my views, my likes and my dislikes. And one huge factor is she actually loves me my friend. I am not 100 years old!! I also had the benefit of a relationship without the interference of her comparing me with anyone else. In my experience mate there are three avenues you can take here. The avenue i took or look for an old deer who is washing the glasses and setting up the pool table. The only other choice is the vast majority of women who are in the middle, pattayarised, full of sponsors and ruthless. Her hands are not idle, as it happens she enjoys taking care of me and the home. I want for nothing. However the flip side to all this is a Thai person in general. I could take her out of Thailand but i know i can never take Thailand out of her.

Your second post is very contradictory to your first post.

When you first met, you had a language and maturity barrier.

I am assuming, and yes, one should never assume, but I am assuming the initial attraction for you was sexual, and the initial attraction for her was financial. Nothing wrong with that, it've very common here.

The problem arises when the foreigner doen't see the relationship for what it really is - a financial agreement, not a loving relationship.

In any case, it is a well known saying here, "You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl." :) :)

An interesting post.

Don't you think it's the "brand spanking new" infatuation you had with your wife that is what she used to get you "on the hook" and then her bar girl "training" came later????

For most, that training starts prior, but in some cases, it can come later.

I know guys who have gone up to the villages, directly, and picked and paid for girls, before they were sent down south to work in the bars - just the way the Thai "scouts" do.

They thought they were smarter than everyone else - a few years down the track and they ended up with the same monster for a wife, as if they met them working out of a bar. In fact, I think these girls were worse, because these girls have never had to go with various customers to be able to send money home, so, they don't know the dirty work of a bar. They carry on like spoilt children.

There are big new houses up in the villages in Issan with new pick-up trucks parked out the front. Your 18 year old "pure" Thai girlfriend, and wife to be, goes home and gets coached on what to say and how to act in order to gain the same assets out of you.

Seriously, unless a foreigner meets an independent, non-racists, Thai women, of equal education, and equal income, and similar age - it's just about the money.

Thailand is not the place to think that your love with conquer all in a relationship. You relationship will not be like the movie "Pretty Women" with Julia Roberts.

Many of the Thai girls hide behind "Thai culture" and say "we have to take care family darling" - it's not Thai culture, it's the poorer Issan girls that have to do this, so they are constantly looking to earn more money from their trade.

The house you build for "mama and papa" up in Issan, or that block of land "for rice farm" is going to be her retirement plan - and you will not feature in that plan.

Money can come from many customers, or just one customer, who is more wealthy and generous. Either way, it's about the money.

From your post, I get the feeling that you think boredom is the foreigners worst enemy here. I hardly think being treated like an ATM is a great way to escape boredom. If that's the case, one should take up online gambling as a hobbie, because at least then you have a small chance of a return, because with a Thai women, once the money goes to her, or her family, it's gone from you forever - no chance of return whatsoever.

You can only but laugh at the girls that say, "If you not take care of my family I have to go back to work in the bar." - can't guys just see that she is still "working in the bar" - except now, she has only one exclusive customer. It's as simple as that.

In fact, the lies and deceipt are greater in these long term relationships. To be able to look someone straight in the face, everyday, and know you are "screwing them over" and they haven't go a clue, can be viewed as impressive. It takes the callousness of hardened criminal to perpetrate this against someone.

If we were to break it down into simple accounting (baht) - with guys building houses in Issan, sending money, buying motorbikes and cars in Issan, buying gold, paying for weddings and the dowry (sin sod) buying land in Issan and "working" that land, buying the family a business in Issan, buying their girl a business on Phuket (usually a salon) etc etc - if you were to add all of this cost together, one could have legitimately employed a maid to cook and clean for 7 days a week and gone out and taken a home a different girl, every night, and been ahead financially.

It doesn't even make economic sense. smile.pngsmile.png

Once again, for the record, NKM is under 50, single by choice, self funded, never had a Thai girlfriend/wife, never sent money for sick buffalo, never bought a bar, never "bought" property here. Basically, an expat living like a tourist.

To be honest most of what you have said is in the same theme as my post. You have made a point here saying that her bar girl training came later. My post is about the fact my wife has never worked as a bar girl because i got her "Brand spanking new" as we said. The point i am making is they do not have to work as a bar girl to become, manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This is part of their genetic make up, as i am living proof.

• Like 2

An interesting post.

Don't you think it's the "brand spanking new" infatuation you had with your wife that is what she used to get you "on the hook" and then her bar girl "training" came later????

For most, that training starts prior, but in some cases, it can come later.

I know guys who have gone up to the villages, directly, and picked and paid for girls, before they were sent down south to work in the bars - just the way the Thai "scouts" do.

They thought they were smarter than everyone else - a few years down the track and they ended up with the same monster for a wife, as if they met them working out of a bar. In fact, I think these girls were worse, because these girls have never had to go with various customers to be able to send money home, so, they don't know the dirty work of a bar. They carry on like spoilt children.

There are big new houses up in the villages in Issan with new pick-up trucks parked out the front. Your 18 year old "pure" Thai girlfriend, and wife to be, goes home and gets coached on what to say and how to act in order to gain the same assets out of you.

Seriously, unless a foreigner meets an independent, non-racists, Thai women, of equal education, and equal income, and similar age - it's just about the money.

Thailand is not the place to think that your love with conquer all in a relationship. You relationship will not be like the movie "Pretty Women" with Julia Roberts.

Many of the Thai girls hide behind "Thai culture" and say "we have to take care family darling" - it's not Thai culture, it's the poorer Issan girls that have to do this, so they are constantly looking to earn more money from their trade.

The house you build for "mama and papa" up in Issan, or that block of land "for rice farm" is going to be her retirement plan - and you will not feature in that plan.

Money can come from many customers, or just one customer, who is more wealthy and generous. Either way, it's about the money.

From your post, I get the feeling that you think boredom is the foreigners worst enemy here. I hardly think being treated like an ATM is a great way to escape boredom. If that's the case, one should take up online gambling as a hobbie, because at least then you have a small chance of a return, because with a Thai women, once the money goes to her, or her family, it's gone from you forever - no chance of return whatsoever.

You can only but laugh at the girls that say, "If you not take care of my family I have to go back to work in the bar." - can't guys just see that she is still "working in the bar" - except now, she has only one exclusive customer. It's as simple as that.

In fact, the lies and deceipt are greater in these long term relationships. To be able to look someone straight in the face, everyday, and know you are "screwing them over" and they haven't go a clue, can be viewed as impressive. It takes the callousness of hardened criminal to perpetrate this against someone.

If we were to break it down into simple accounting (baht) - with guys building houses in Issan, sending money, buying motorbikes and cars in Issan, buying gold, paying for weddings and the dowry (sin sod) buying land in Issan and "working" that land, buying the family a business in Issan, buying their girl a business on Phuket (usually a salon) etc etc - if you were to add all of this cost together, one could have legitimately employed a maid to cook and clean for 7 days a week and gone out and taken a home a different girl, every night, and been ahead financially.

It doesn't even make economic sense. smile.pngsmile.png

Once again, for the record, NKM is under 50, single by choice, self funded, never had a Thai girlfriend/wife, never sent money for sick buffalo, never bought a bar, never "bought" property here. Basically, an expat living like a tourist.

To be honest most of what you have said is in the same theme as my post. You have made a point here saying that her bar girl training came later. My post is about the fact my wife has never worked as a bar girl because i got her "Brand spanking new" as we said. The point i am making is they do not have to work as a bar girl to become, manipulative, greedy, lazy, and will steal, lie and cheat. This is part of their genetic make up, as i am living proof.

I disagree.

It's the "Nature versus Nurture" debate.

The negative personal attributes you mention, in my opinion, come from nurture (learnt) - not from nature (genetic).

Did you read the part of my post where she is taught in Issan how to get the new house, pick-up truck, gold etc etc. The bar girl "training" does not have to take place in a bar. It can take place simply over the phone.

All the Issan girls talk with each other up in the village. Many are friends and remain in contact. Their influence is always not too far away.

Same with the families. In fact, it's all quite competetive - who can get the most sent home from the daughter "working" or with the farang, down south. The mothers are the worst. In most cases, the mothers are the ones always pushing for more money. In some cases the mother is an ex bar girl herself. It's been going on so long now that it's spanning generations.

Don't you think, in a way, you have had a hand in creating your own monster?

Edited by NamKangMan

"which is why I would NEVER let her have access to my money again." - the operative word being, "AGAIN."

Sounds like she got enough money the first time, and you are still with her. smile.pngsmile.png

She got some money the first time, but not so much that I would divorce her over it. I have just made sure she can't do it again. Once bitten.................................

Excuse me, but she was 18 when you were 35. That is a lot of difference in ages, and I still say, what would you have in common?

Besides, it's not possible to "train" someone to love you, and an 18 year old knows nothing of love- that's something that comes with maturity. I'm not saying she doesn't though.

We bought a house at Phuket's Baan Charoen Sook Estate to live together in,” Mr Vardas told the police.

Presumably, what he really means is HE PAID for a new house that was purchased either in the GF's NAME or in some company name in which she had some type of legal power.

If he legally had been able to buy the house in his own name, which he can't legally in Thailand, then presumably he wouldn't have been defrauded/ripped off.

The thing is that people keep forgetting is, the rules don't change!

Doesn't matter if you are in the UK, USA or Australia, the rules are the same.

Don't do anything over here that you wouldn't do in your country.

Would you marry a bar girl in your country? So don't do it here!

Would you marry someone who is 20 years your junior in your country? So don't do it here!

Would you buy a house with your money in our country and put in someone else's name in your country? So don't do it here!

Would you do any major business or invest your hard earned cash without consulting a lawyer in your country? So don't do it here!

I hear all these sob stories every day in my office and I point out that the majority of people are stupid!

I ask them why no lawyer and they say she was so kind and so nice (read very young)

and her family held this real special ceremony for us and made me a real member of her village family and and and .......

The rules don't change! Don't matter where you are! If you throw your money away, it is thrown away in any country! So don't do it here!

Wake up and smell the somtum!

• Like 1

Nothing surprising there....I have been married to a Thai woman for 17 years....greedy, self centered...has a house by Payoon Beach...a restaurant in the USA and treats me like the family dog....its all about her....its par for the course with Thai women...so all I have to do is look in the mirror and as it was so aply stated in the old movie Animal House...."face it flounder...you f@cked up, you trusted us".....Its all on me for trying to think with the wrong head...

Worst mistake I ever made....thank God for Soi 6 (wink)

It's never too late to get yourself free. If for no other reason than your self-respect.

Why discuss this topic at all ?

If you read the whole thread from the posters in Phuket that know him you will understand that the Greek man is lying to everyone , he is a drunk criminal and do not own a house . His wife did not steal 2 million baht from him , I doubt he ever seen that amount of money in his life.

He is a danger to himself and others and should be sent to a mental hospital for observation .

Another thief in a land of thieves. What a surprise. Next.

Anyone who talks like you clearly came here for a living situation without knowledge of the country. Also as evident is that you are poorly traveled and never have lived outside your own country until moving here.

Oh, you know me so well, not lol

My knowledge of the country prior to coming here, and the knowledge and experiences gained here in the past 8 years would lead me to think I know the country and its people pretty well.

And how the hell do you get "poorly travelled" and "never lived outside your own country" from what I wrote? Oh wait, you ASSUMED, and you know what they say about that ...

I am not making an assumption and frankly what I say is so obvious that it barely takes up the energy of deduction. I know that I am correct because your post broadcasts an all too familiar ignorance and mentality. You are actually supporting what I say when you reveal that you have been here for 8 yrs- and have posted such an absurd, uninformed and hostile statement. After 13 years here myself, I readily associate your words as those of a typical naive expat that came to Thailand for a certain complacent situation and who lives inside a bubble.

Yes, yes. I know 'Assume.' "Ass of u and me." Your big touché is a cliché? People that use clichés are out of their depth and in their flailing grab on to a cliché- generally using it in the wrong context. They piteously seem believe that they have cited some sort of final authority or universal truth. Sooo, you have told me that you have been here 8 years and are still ignorant and then you have tried to spin it all- hide behind- ASSUME. rolleyes.gif

This guy isn't a victim.

He is a former inmate and a violent, abusive and dangerous alcoholic.

This is the second incident from him in less than a week.

He needs to be taken into custody by the BIB before he hurts some one or kills himself...or both.

Earlier in the week he threw every bit of glass and crockery in his house, plates, cups, saucers, light fittings, out on to the street in front of his yard. This was in the evening around 8pm at night. This is a busy but small thoroughfare and both lanes were scattered with shards of broken glass and pottery. A dozen or so people had the tires on their cars and motorbikes shredded as a result of this lunatic and his acting out. He was hurling abuse and kitchenware at several young Thai girls that were commuting home from work on their scooters. To my utter amazement the police were called but did nothing because the Greek was out of his tree on booze and he had locked himself inside his yard behind the gate.

He claims to be broke and has no money for food. But have a look at the photos in the article...How come he has money for cigarettes and booze?

This loser needs to be locked up and then deported.

If in fact this man is a violent lunatic as you say, then I totally agree with you. He should be deported.