Roads in Rawaii

IrishIvan

I thought all the roads to Rawai were backroads. smile.pngsmile.png

They are...............except for the six lane highway.

This morning again big buses doing about 90 there, one of them continued on the beach road doing about 60.

Not much sense in installing traffic lights even though they are not working yet, there is not enough traffic

As someone else mentined, the local govt is using up its budjet so its not reduced next year

I would go so far to say that they are the best roads on the island

And the other ones at the intersection that peels off to icon. I doubt they will be actually turned on

Did not see those yet, even though I pass there every day.

The problem is that right of way is not very clear at quite a few intersections, including these.

Drivers on the main road have right of way in Thailand, and that road runs from Patak Road in Kata all the way down to Nai Harn Beach. So at the intersection in Kata (one way Kata-one way Kata Noi-one way Nai Harn/Rawai up the hill) traffic coming from Kata has right of way, at the 'Icon intersection' traffic coming from Kata going direction Nai Harn have right of way, and at the M&M/Cheers intersection traffic coming from Sai Yuan going direction Nai Harn Beach has right of way.

And the other ones at the intersection that peels off to icon. I doubt they will be actually turned on

The problem is that right of way is not very clear at quite a few intersections, including these.

Drivers on the main road have right of way in Thailand, and that road runs from Patak Road in Kata all the way down to Nai Harn Beach. So at the intersection in Kata (one way Kata-one way Kata Noi-one way Nai Harn/Rawai up the hill) traffic coming from Kata has right of way, at the 'Icon intersection' traffic coming from Kata going direction Nai Harn have right of way, and at the M&M/Cheers intersection traffic coming from Sai Yuan going direction Nai Harn Beach has right of way.

You sure you weren't a traffic cop in a previous life? w00t.gif

• Like 1

You sure you weren't a traffic cop in a previous life? w00t.gif

Why, is my story just as incomprehensible as the directions from a traffic cop sometimes are? Was afraid of that.

You may well be right, but would you risk it?

They don't even know who has right of way on a roundabout here.

You may well be right, but would you risk it?

They don't even know who has right of way on a roundabout here.

Saw yesterday that the main road does not run all the way to Nai Harn beach. Just before the lake it turns left and goes op the hill direction Yanui/Promthep.

I thought all the roads to Rawai were backroads. Posted ImagePosted Image

This morning again big buses doing about 90 there, one of them continued on the beach road doing about 60.

Thats why I always overtake and outpace them, they are a menace on the roads

I thought all the roads to Rawai were backroads. smile.pngsmile.png

Thats why I always overtake and outpace them, they are a menace on the roads

Is your first name Dennis?

Funny, I live down there and haven't seen any traffic lights

At the intersection where the 7-11 is. Maybe someone spiked my drinks and I was hallucinating

At the intersection where the 7-11 is. Maybe someone spiked my drinks and I was hallucinating

That made me laugh Irish .... good one

They are at both ends of the road running from the local govt office to m&m pizza

Not turned on yet

That is one of the locations Ivan mentioned.

Regarding the other location, I have passed at least 10 times the last few days, and still can not find the lights.

It really looks like his Ivan's drinks were spiked and he was hallucinating.

Edited by stevenl

Wiset road is still bigger than anything Patongs got. I notice that shambles behind Jung Ceylon is turning more into a desert than a road with the amount of dust down there. Each to their own.

Yep...

I had to navigate that road in its entirety yesterday from the southern Karon end all the way through the the road up to Mount Mayhem. It is a dangerous, dirty and a disgrace. And not a hope in hell it will be completed before high season. All the time I was driving on this third world dirt track I kept hearing the following phrases ringing in my ears:

"World class tourist destination"

"We need more quality tourists"

There are 2 sets there in Rawaii

One near cheers bar. And the other one where the fuzz always catch people at the 3 way intersection at Sai Yuan.

And for the latter, bubblegum was saying he did not see any lights there, but a warning light was in place but not yet functioning, and I just said as well that I passed their many times after your post, and still have not seen 'your' lights.

Edited by stevenl

There are 2 sets there in Rawaii

One near cheers bar. And the other one where the fuzz always catch people at the 3 way intersection at Sai Yuan.

And for the latter, bubblegum was saying he did not see any lights there, but a warning light was in place but not yet functioning, and I just said as well that I passed their many times after your post, and still have not seen 'your' lights.

They are quite high up