True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I am under the impression (from reading local Thai forums and FB pages) that Professional American Football (NFL) will be shown on TrueVisions on Channel 672 ( 177 as well, same as 672 - Sports Illustrated - ASN) beginning with the kick-off game Friday, Sep. 8 at 07:30. Then there will be one single 1:00 PM game (00:00), one single 4:30 PM game (03:30), SNF, MNF and TNF along with the various/sundry special games (Thanksgiving, Saturdays later in the season). It looks like there will be replays as well during the week. So we have two fewer Sunday afternoon games than last year.

I hope that you are right.  As I said they do not appear on the weekly email sports schedule that I get from True, but if you go to those time slots on SI schedule, they are blocked out with TBC but no games listed.  SI's schedule is even worse than True's.

Wayned, I'm with you, but little by little Truevisions gives its subscribers reasons to change. I have an AIS box which I haven't even connected, but if AIS gets American football, things will change. As it is, I have been buying the dvd's of shows Truevisions used to show, but once they became popular, they were dumped. Homeland and House of Cards to name two.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Again, I am 100% confident that TrueVisions will have NFL games as described in my earlier post. AFAIK, this contract covers the next three years. I can't see AIS going for American football.

Losing two games per week sort of sucks, I totally agree. Waking up at 05:00 (06:00 as of Nov 5) for the second half of a 4:30 PM game was doable, as were the multiple replays during the week.

I'm still considering GamePass; but I really have no feel for what the quality might be. I've side-loaded the APK on all my devices, including my AIS PlayBox, in advance of trying the 7-day trial. It's not the $199 fee that concerns me as much as how much of my time will be spent watching live games, replays, condensed, coaches film, red-zone NFL network. I'll also be back in the U.S. twice during the regular season, and like the Sunday binge.

Homeland is Hulu, House of Cards on Netflix. Obviously, these are widely available from other sources. Homeland has been renewed for seasons 7 & 8, with season 7 in production now, due in 2018.

35 minutes ago, Old Man River said:

Boycotts don't work. Better to find a solution that makes you happy.

I did

We all voted with our feet about 9 months ago. Nobody I know uses True

Get an IPTV box. Much better

If you read into the Sports illustrated TV schedule and assume that the "TBC" means NFL, It looks like the Thursday night game will air at 0730 on Friday.  There will be live Sunday games at 0000, 0325, and 0730 on Monday, and there will be replays of some games, whether or not they will be "first air", at 1200, 1400, 1730, and 1930.  This is assuming that the "TBC" means NFL and it would be nice to know what games they well show.  The two Monday night games will air on Tuesday at 0610 and 0920.  Of course the "TBC" could mean "curling"!

The Sports illustrated schedule is here: https://www.si.com/asia/tv-schedule

I'm expecting/hoping the second game on Sunday to be SEA vs. GB (the other 4:25 game is CAR vs. SF) followed by the NYG vs. DAL (SNF) and the NO vs. MIN and Chargers vs. DEN both on MNF, forgot about occasional multiple MNF games.

So the 00:00 game is unknown with the best option maybe being OAK vs. TEN? Obviously, the kick-off game is KC at NE, Friday, Sep. 8 07:30 local Thai time.

The TrueVisions on-TV schedule and their web-schedule still show TBC. FWIW, I didn't realize it, but my TrueVisions box was set to 720p; and I thought that was the max., but I was able to reset it to 1080i. I also updated the firmware on the box (hold exit, PIN is 2485); the regular box PIN is 2321. TrueVisions CS can talk you through this if you encounter problems. (I'm on traditional coax-cable.)

TBC typically means To Be Confirmed, and so used as a filler. I don't think Curling kicks off until the colder months?

My sense is that all replays will be games which they previously showed live, rather than replays of games not previously shown. Although I think TrueVisions did replay games for the first time in previous years. Most games are streamed live, and can be found - you can run Kodi (16 or a 16 fork on the AIS Playbox), and torrents can be found for all games, albeit a few hours (OK, 4 - 8 hours for the site I use) after completion.

To be confirmed, to be changed, curling, la cross? The bottom line is it is still in negotiation. Can S1 be decoupled from the NFL games? If so, is there another competitor trying get the NFL games for Thailand? AIS? We will know nothing until Friday morning. If. We don't get it from anyone this year, then why keep Platinum? Anything could change at anytime. Check out Game Pass, but remember you would need a vpn to pick Game Pass up in a country where you can.

I'm expecting/hoping the second game on Sunday to be SEA vs. GB (the other 4:25 game is CAR vs. SF) followed by the NYG vs. DAL (SNF) and the NO vs. MIN and Chargers vs. DEN both on MNF, forgot about occasional multiple MNF games.

So the 00:00 game is unknown with the best option maybe being OAK vs. TEN? Obviously, the kick-off game is KC at NE, Friday, Sep. 8 07:30 local Thai time.

The TrueVisions on-TV schedule and their web-schedule still show TBC. FWIW, I didn't realize it, but my TrueVisions box was set to 720p; and I thought that was the max., but I was able to reset it to 1080i. I also updated the firmware on the box (hold exit, PIN is 2485); the regular box PIN is 2321. TrueVisions CS can talk you through this if you encounter problems. (I'm on traditional coax-cable.)

TBC typically means To Be Confirmed, and so used as a filler. I don't think Curling kicks off until the colder months?

My sense is that all replays will be games which they previously showed live, rather than replays of games not previously shown. Although I think TrueVisions did replay games for the first time in previous years. Most games are streamed live, and can be found - you can run Kodi (16 or a 16 fork on the AIS Playbox), and torrents can be found for all games, albeit a few hours (OK, 4 - 8 hours for the site I use) after completion.

I would need help on that as I recently ran AIS to the house and they gave me their box for free for a year. I haven't connected it as I have a PVR and would use it for Truevisions for the middle of the night NFL games. Of course all of this might change.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you look at the Sports Illustrated TV schedule, it looks like the only thing that is firm is the college games.  The rest of the schedule is nothing but a bunch of TBC's!!!  So it's not True this time, it's definitely SI!

One other comment on this is Truevisions didn't televise any college games last week, an indication that despite saying they are negotiating, they probably lost their negotiations already, despite still advertising the NFL on Truesports. A friend, who knows several seniors at the parent company sent them an email today, but we don't expect that they will show it. Tomorrow I will talk with AIS and see their plans. Then there is Game Pass. I need to better understand Kodi etc. as well.

True has filled in all of the time slots that were TBC and there are no NFL football games scheduled.  The Game that starts tomorrow morning at 0730 now shows NCAA Basketball.  However, the Sports illustrated TV schedule still shows "TBC" for all those time slots.

I did get the following message from True via email last night " With respect to your email, we, TrueVisions Care,  would like to inform you that NFL 2018 is in negotiation progress and further update will be announce before the new season."  I sent them one back stating that I wasn't concerned about the 2018 season but the 2017 season which starts in 29 hours.  I got no response from Sports Illustrated, as usual.

I guess that it will be turn on the TV tomorrow morning and see if there's a game anywhere and if not consider Game Pass!  It wa the same BS with True last year.

We're screwed. I am dropping to Gold even though I paid a year in advance.if that is a problem, I am suing.My friend, who knows theChairman will get the same response. Let's work together, along with my friend, so we do Game Pass right. It isn't available in Thailand and you need a strong enough signal.

"Everything works here until it doesn't"

I think we've all learned that lesson living here. I was all but guaranteed by many, many people - a few of which work for True (but not TrueVisions) - that NFL games would be shown.

I agree that it does look a bit dire right now, there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding which SI channels will show NFL games in Asia (in the ~ 9 different countries), and which SI channel(s) might be shown on TrueVisions.

SI/ASN own the rights for NFL in Thailand (and ~ 8 other SEA countries), and TrueVisions have a contract with SI/ASN, so I'm hoping it's just the normal last minute Thai style of dealing with a problem?

I guess I'll plan to stream the kick-off game as a back-up, then wait to see what happens on Monday. Then go for the NFL GamePass trial, hope that works acceptably. If it does then I'll stick with GP.

16 hours ago, Old Man River said:

but remember you would need a vpn to pick Game Pass up in a country where you can.

This is of course incorrect. GamePass is specifically designed for markets outside the U.S. - it is not available in the U.S. unless using some sort of geo-spoofing service. NFL SundayTicket is the service for the U.S. and is somewhat limited re: live games.

There are many people in Thailand using GP, but the only time I ever saw it live was a few years ago, and the quality was not very good. 

I did just notice this statement:

NFL programming are excluded in Thailand (True Visions), Hong Kong (Now TV) and Taiwan (Sportcast)

regarding the SI/ASN partnership, albeit from a few months ago.

That would seem to indicate that NFL games will NOT be shown on SI on TrueVisions unless they've subsequently reached some sort of agreement.

And I did see this post on a Thai forum (translated) from a True employee from ~ 4 hours ago which does not bode well...

True Visions is in the process of negotiating the right to broadcast American football NFL. If you know how to get the publicity as soon as possible.

Further, in theory SI/ASN may be able to offer programming to another entity in Thailand, although there aren't a lot of providers with a national foot-print. Any OTT provider would likely bundle the NFL and charge a hefty fee for the package.

FYI, re NFL GamePass Free Trial

Free Trial

On-demand games and archives are not available during the Monday Night Football (MNF) game window. Thursday Night Football (TNF) games will not be available until 72 hours after the conclusion of the telecast. NFL Network content that has aired in the past 45 days may not be available.

I guess KC at NE is technically "Sunday Night Football", even though the game is on a Thursday - go figure. So NBC will carry the game, and it will not be on TNFL (of course I learned this after getting quite a few NFL Network streams dialed up), and no "Color Rush".

So unclear on whether KC at NE would be available during a free 7-day trial.

Starting next week (week 2), TNF kicks off with HOU at TEN.

Amazon will show ten TNF games weeks 4-15 plus a Christmas Day game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/thursday-night-football-schedule-2017-kickoff-tv-times-streaming-color-rush/

Evidently, TrueVisions is conducting some last minute negotiations, but I'm not holding out much hope. Quite a few people are pestering TrueVisions on this matter today.

True has filled in all of the time slots that were TBC and there are no NFL football games scheduled.  The Game that starts tomorrow morning at 0730 now shows NCAA Basketball.  However, the Sports illustrated TV schedule still shows "TBC" for all those time slots.

I did get the following message from True via email last night " With respect to your email, we, TrueVisions Care,  would like to inform you that NFL 2018 is in negotiation progress and further update will be announce before the new season."  I sent them one back stating that I wasn't concerned about the 2018 season but the 2017 season which starts in 29 hours.  I got no response from Sports Illustrated, as usual.

I guess that it will be turn on the TV tomorrow morning and see if there's a game anywhere and if not consider Game Pass!  It wa the same BS with True last year.

I'm still hoping they meant to say 2017 and not 2018. I have called True to go from Platinum to Gold and the girl that called back sounded surprised when I said why and I added that if they don't lose it, then I will stay Platinum. What was really interesting is she didn't ask why. I told her, which left the impression that she is used to people either downgrading or canceling altogether.

Looks like True came to an agreement at the last minute.  I just received this email from them:

" Kindly be confirmed that TrueVisions Group Company obtains NFL 2017 and our Sport Programme Department is currently arrange programme schedule. We will update programme schedule via e-newsletter soonest."

I am awaiting the updated program schedule but if it'ds the same as last year it will be channel 666 or 668.

Edited by wayned

I too received confirmation, in the past few minutes, that TrueVisions would be showing NFL games. Of course, I received a similar confirmation last week.

The SMS I received mention channels 122, 177, 666, 672 and 676? Not sure how accurate that is - 676 is a BeIN channel now.

KC at NE is on NBC, and USTVNOW does offer an NBC affiliate (WGAL right now) as part of their free package. The feed looks better than some other streams, and I was able to side-load the APK on my Android box.

There are quite a few sports bars with GamePass so I'm going to check it out during the week for a replay to see what the quality is like.

Time to watch Inside the NFL.

It looks like True is going to air the games on TS HD(666) and SI(672).  Here's the schedule that I just received via email:

NFL 2017 Regular Season Week # 1

Fri 8

Kansas City @ New England

(L) 0730-1100 TS HD(666)/SI (672)

Mon 11

Oakland @ Tennessee

(L) 0000-0330 TS HD/SI (672)

Mon 11

Seattle @ Green Bay

(L) 0325-0700 TS HD/SI (672)

Mon 11

NY Giants @ Dallas

(L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI (672)

Mon 11

Philadelphia @ Washington

(D) 1200-1430 TS HD/SI (672)

Mon 11

Carolina @ San Francisco

(D) 1430-1700 TS HD/SI (672)

Tue 12

New Orleans @ Minnesota

(L) 0610-0920 TS HD/SI (672)

Tue 12

Los Angeles @ Denver

(L) 0920-1300 TS HD/SI (672)\

Tomorrows games have been added to the online programming guide for both TS HD and SI, but Monday's games have only been added to TS HD so far, not SI.
  • Like 1

Here's this weekend's schedule:

NFL 2017/18 Week # 2

Fri 15

Houston @ Cincinnati          (L) 0715-1100 TS HD/SI (672)

Mon 18

Chicago @ Tampa Bay          (L) 0000-0320 TS HD/SI

Mon 18

Dallas @ Denver                   (L) 0320-0700 TS HD/SI

Mon 18

Green Bay @ Atlanta            (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 18

Buffalo @ Carolina               (D) 1200-1430 SI

Mon 18

Miami @ LA Chargers          (D) 1430-1700 SI

Tue 19

Buffalo @ Carolina               (D) 0000-0230 TS HD

Tue 19

Miami @ LA Chargers          (D) 0230-0500 TS HD

Tue 19

Detroit@ NY Giants             (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

For those interested here's the week #3 schedule:

NFL 2017/18 Week # 3

Fri 22

LA Rams @ San Francisco     (L) 0715-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 25

Houston @ New England        (L) 0000-0325 TS HD/SI

Mon 25

Cincinnati @ Green Bay         (L) 0325-0700 TS HD/SI

Mon 25

Oakland @ Washington (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 25

New Orleans @ Carolina        (D) 1200-1430 TS HD/SI

Mon 25

Seattle @ Tennessee               (D) 1430-1700 TS HD/SI

Tue 26

Dallas @ Arizona                             (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

I have to say that I am pleased with the coverage. Yes, we lost two live games, but maybe picked those up with the two tape-delay games? Glad I re-set my cable box to full HD. The SI-based filler material, while often a bit dated, is also a lot better than the TrueVisions filler of past years - although I prefer to full feed during breaks. Five live games, plus two tape-delayed games and replays, is more than I'd get in the U.S.

The week 3 games should be interesting, if only for the off-field "issues" which popped up this week.

LA - SF was quite entertaining I thought, much better than I thought it'd be. I watched it using True Anywhere, on my mobile, while waiting at Immigration.

Agree., but some of the SI fill in is a couple of weeks outdated but it's nicer watching Kayla than listening to the stupid music with the "regular programming will return shortly" message on the screen like last year.  The playing of the NA in tomorrow's games might be the most interesting match up - Dotard vs NFL!

I guess I was hoping the London game might be shown even though it wasn't on the schedule, it wasn't. I ended up watching it on a Kodi stream.

Will be interesting to see if True goes full B&W for the month of October? Or just "muted" color? At least TNF uniforms will be less garish.

For those interested:

NFL 2017/18 Week # 4

Fri 29

Chicago @ Green Bay             (L) 0725-1100 TS HD/SI

Sun 1

New Orleans @ Miami           (L) 2030-0000 TS HD/SI

Mon 2

Tennessee @ Houston             (L) 0000-0325 TS HD/SI

Mon 2

Oakland @ Denver                  (L) 0325-0700 TS HD/SI

Mon 2

Indianapolis @ Seattle            (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI