True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

I had a new True Vision box installed about a month ago . I lost all my favourites etc.

The new system lets you choose favourites , but it doesn't tell you what programme is on at the time .

So I am forever searching the channels. 

Old system was waaaaay better.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

How do i find which one is on my T.V. ?

What buttons do I press to find this info ?

1.  Press menu. 

2.  Scroll down to setup and press OK.

3. Scroll down to system setup, press OK

4 scroll down to diagnostics, press OK.

The seventh item down "Network Name"  will tell you which satellite you are connected to.

5.  To go back to regular programming press exit.

The old software and LNB will say THAICOM 5, the new software and LNB will say THAICOM 8.

Funny enough , the True Vision guy has just been , apparently when he installed the new box before , he changed everything over then.

I tried following your instructions but the Diagnostic info only gives the name PLOOK.

I asked him to find Thaicom 8 and he couldn't .

23 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Funny enough , the True Vision guy has just been , apparently when he installed the new box before , he changed everything over then.

I tried following your instructions but the Diagnostic info only gives the name PLOOK.

I asked him to find Thaicom 8 and he couldn't .

I have 2 boxes and both work exactly as I described,  No PLOOK!

Thre are more than four optios, only four are shown.  When you select menu whatever option is highlighted, keep pushing the down button until you see setupwhen it is highlighted push ok.  You must have a dofferent version of sodtware as mine don't have the same options such as radio manager.

Has anyone else noticed that all news channels like NHK, BBC, CNN are now running 5 minutes behind the usual programme schedule? So for example on all these channels the 8pm news has started at 8:05pm! This applies across the programming day.

Surely this is not due to the regime demanding a delay so that they can cut out any content that they deem unsuitable for ordinary mortals!

This is all about censorship ! The “authorities “ can remove news content it doesn’t want viewed by anyone “under its control “!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that someone can offer some constructive advice (other that ditch True, which I may well do anyway).

Following the message on the TV regarding the need to change the dish sensor and update the box software, Mrs MoneyBaht and I went into our local True shop a couple of weeks ago and spoke with one of the customer assistance.  So far very good, she checked on the computer system and told us that she had booked an technician to come the next day in the afternoon.

On the morning of the technicians visit he phoned to confirm that he would arrive around 2pm and enquired directions to our house.  He then asked what setup we had and my wife advised him that we have 3 boxes (one in the lounge and one in each bedroom).

The technician then explained that he could change the dish sensor but that we would only be able to use one box.  He stated that this is a known problem as the signal is to weak to be distributed to more than one box.  He suggested that we wait until after 1st August when they change the satellite and then request the upgrade as by then they should have a fix for the problem.

I note from an earlier post that another member has indicated that he had more than one box and the conversion worked OK.

Mrs MoneyBaht has written to True (sent via EMS and we have proof of receipt), but they have not responded.

As an addition .....  Does anyone have the email address for True?

True came the other day to update the box and they installed a new dish, (the old dish was more than 20 years old).

Now, sometime when I change channels, the set top box shuts off and then restarts itself. Any idea what that's all about?

6 minutes ago, zlodnick said:

True came the other day to update the box and they installed a new dish, (the old dish was more than 20 years old).

Now, sometime when I change channels, the set top box shuts off and then restarts itself. Any idea what that's all about?

No, I don't know, just call True @1242 again. Maybe the LNB needs replacement.

Went to True Visions and they said wait until we call you. No appointment could be scheduled....  "just wait until we call you" 

Later  (about 2 weeks) they showed up and after staring at the dish and LNB they said they cannot change it; if they do we will loose everything.   Huh??

We then contacted TV in Bangkok and they said they will come the following Tuesday.  Well Tuesday came and went and no True Visions.  Called again and they now say.. "no need to change LNB or boxes"  Huh??

They then said  "wait until August, and if we then have a problem, call back"

It's a mystery to me... so I guess we will wait until August. 

Meanwhile I suppose I can rely on the smart TV.  Maybe.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, 007 RED said:

I hope that someone can offer some constructive advice (other that ditch True, which I may well do anyway).

Following the message on the TV regarding the need to change the dish sensor and update the box software, Mrs MoneyBaht and I went into our local True shop a couple of weeks ago and spoke with one of the customer assistance.  So far very good, she checked on the computer system and told us that she had booked an technician to come the next day in the afternoon.

On the morning of the technicians visit he phoned to confirm that he would arrive around 2pm and enquired directions to our house.  He then asked what setup we had and my wife advised him that we have 3 boxes (one in the lounge and one in each bedroom).

The technician then explained that he could change the dish sensor but that we would only be able to use one box.  He stated that this is a known problem as the signal is to weak to be distributed to more than one box.  He suggested that we wait until after 1st August when they change the satellite and then request the upgrade as by then they should have a fix for the problem.

I note from an earlier post that another member has indicated that he had more than one box and the conversion worked OK.

Mrs MoneyBaht has written to True (sent via EMS and we have proof of receipt), but they have not responded.

As an addition .....  Does anyone have the email address for True?

They came to my house on 12/6 after I sent them a message regarding the change.  They downloaded the new software using the old LNB to 2 boxes and, since the new software would not work with the old LNB, they changed it.   All was fine after the change and both boxes have functioned OK ever since.  However, I never use both boxes at the same time as I live alone.  The technician never mentioned that there could be a problem using more than one box at the same time.

The email for True Visions Customer Service  is : "[email protected]"

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wayned said:

They came to my house on 12/6 after I sent them a message regarding the change.  They downloaded the new software using the old LNB to 2 boxes and, since the new software would not work with the old LNB, they changed it.   All was fine after the change and both boxes have functioned OK ever since.  However, I never use both boxes at the same time as I live alone.  The technician never mentioned that there could be a problem using more than one box at the same time.

The email for True Visions Customer Service  is : "[email protected]"

Many thanks for your report and details of TV email address.  It seems from a couple of other reports from members that have more than one box that some technicians appear to be reluctant to do the upgrade/conversion and they are advising customers to wait until after the 1 August and see what happens and if there's a problem call back.

It's worth noting that according to the current information that is being displayed on the TV, the upgrade/conversion is free if done before 1 August, but the question is will it still be free after that date?

I've emailed TV Customer Services and asked for a confirmation that they can, or cannot, do the upgrade/conversion when more than one box is involved.

Once again, many thanks.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:31 AM, 007 RED said:

Many thanks for your report and details of TV email address.  It seems from a couple of other reports from members that have more than one box that some technicians appear to be reluctant to do the upgrade/conversion and they are advising customers to wait until after the 1 August and see what happens and if there's a problem call back.

It's worth noting that according to the current information that is being displayed on the TV, the upgrade/conversion is free if done before 1 August, but the question is will it still be free after that date?

I've emailed TV Customer Services and asked for a confirmation that they can, or cannot, do the upgrade/conversion when more than one box is involved.

Once again, many thanks.

They are currently broadcasting from both satellites, I think, since my diagnostic software now says Thaicom-8.  If you wait until 1 August there will be a long Que and they haven't said when the Taicom-5 satellite broadcasts will be shutdown.  You could be left with nothing if they shutdown the Taicom-5 satellite before you get the upgrade.  The guy that did mine was a contractor and he had done many as the back of his truck was full of empty new LNB cardboard boxes.

I made my appointment through thr TV e-mail system and did not talk to anybody until the day they came.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wayned said:

They are currently broadcasting from both satellites, I think, since my diagnostic software now says Thaicom-8.  If you wait until 1 August there will be a long Que and they haven't said when the Taicom-5 satellite broadcasts will be shutdown.  You could be left with nothing if they shutdown the Taicom-5 satellite before you get the upgrade.  The guy that did mine was a contractor and he had done many as the back of his truck was full of empty new LNB cardboard boxes.

I made my appointment through thr TV e-mail system and did not talk to anybody until the day they came.

Once again, many thanks for your comments/observation.

I think TV tend to use local sub-contractors.  In the past when we have needed, for example, a box or remote controller replacing, it has always been someone who does not wear any TV uniform or arrives in an 'beat up' old unmarked pickup.  They do have a TV job ticket/paperwork.

Have to say I'm not over impressed by TV's customer care.  We contacted the TV local shop on the 9th June.  The technician called the next day and explained he could not do the conversion/upgrade.  On the 12th June my wife wrote to TV HQ asking for clarification/advice.  The letter was sent by EMS and was received on the 13th.  To date we've not had any response.

I have sent them an email today (to the address you provided).  My email has the facility to feedback that the message was delivered to the address server, and more importantly, it also notifies me when the email was opened, which it was within an hour of the message being sent.  So now its a case of 'holding my breath' and waiting for a reply.

If I don't get any response, then I will seriously consider closing our subscription and using Android boxes instead.

Download there Phone app (takes less than a minute).

They have a box marked True care. (start chat with expert).

Press it and you have a chat operator in English..very efficient.

There app is very good....try it, you'll like it.

( sorry to be negative, but who sends an actual letter by post these days!!).

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, 007 RED said:

I am hoping likewise although my situation may be different to yours and many others, so let me explain........

I really don't watch True Vision for anything other than the EPL, although occasionally I may surf through a few channels to see what's on and can watch the occasional rugby game.

All of the other channels are surplus to requirements for me and I can get in the programs I need through BBC iPlayer and the like.

However I did see a message on the screen the other day that I needed to go along to the True Vision Centre and make an appointment for them to come and do something to my system, which I did. Imagine my surprise when they said that they needed to come along and change something on the dish and the cable and that it would cost 800 baht.

Now 800 baht is not a lot of money but why on earth should I pay extra money to have a cable changed when it is really their problem because supposedly they have changed satellites??

Again I wouldn't mind too much, but paying what I do for a service which I rarely watch and then only in the football season (without Champions League matches) and then having to pay more for them to upgrade their system really does grate.

So here are the questions, I want to watch EPL matches and I want to watch Rugby Union International Matches, including the Rugby World Cup if I can, so what are my options if I cancel True Visions.....please.

Thanks in advance.......

• Like 1

I am hoping likewise although my situation may be different to yours and many others, so let me explain........

I really don't watch True Vision for anything other than the EPL, although occasionally I may surf through a few channels to see what's on and can watch the occasional rugby game.

All of the other channels are surplus to requirements for me and I can get in the programs I need through BBC iPlayer and the like.

However I did see a message on the screen the other day that I needed to go along to the True Vision Centre and make an appointment for them to come and do something to my system, which I did. Imagine my surprise when they said that they needed to come along and change something on the dish and the cable and that it would cost 800 baht.

Now 800 baht is not a lot of money but why on earth should I pay extra money to have a cable changed when it is really their problem because supposedly they have changed satellites??

Again I wouldn't mind too much, but paying what I do for a service which I rarely watch and then only in the football season (without Champions League matches) and then having to pay more for them to upgrade their system really does grate.

So here are the questions, I want to watch EPL matches and I want to watch Rugby Union International Matches, including the Rugby World Cup if I can, so what are my options if I cancel True Visions.....please.

Thanks in advance.......

A fast internet connection and searching online Time4tv.net is very good for sport

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

An update.... further to my previous posts # 158, 164 & 166 regarding problems which I had encountered trying to get TV to come and replace the LNB and upgrade my 3 boxes.

TV did respond to our original letter a bout a week after receiving it.  A representative called and advised that TV would contact the technical contractor who had originally been assigned to do the upgrade and find out what the problem was.  The representative said that she would call us back and let us know what was happening.

A couple of days later we received a second phone call this time from another TV representative who was responding to the email which we sent to their contact centre.  From the conversation it was apparent that this representative was unaware that someone from TV had already been in contact with us the previously.  The lady apologised and said that she had not seen any mention of the previous contact on the computer.

A few days later the original TV representative call us again and said that the original technical contractor was under the impression that if we had more than one box operating at the same time after the upgrade, we would only be able to get a picture on one television at a time.  She said that this was an incorrect assumption on the part of the contractor and that TV tests had shown that up to 6 boxes can be operational at the same time after the upgrade was done.  She did say that if the 'splitter connection' was old it may degrade the signal to the boxes and that if this was the case it may need to be replaced.

She then booked for a technician to come and replace the LNB and do the upgrade yesterday (10/7).  Date and time of our choosing.

The technician called us at about 9am yesterday and advised that he would be at our house around 10:30am.  True to his word he arrived on time.  As others have indicated previously, he began by downloaded software onto each of the 3 boxes using the original LNB.  He then replaced the LNB.  When he set up the first box the signal strength was about 80% which he said was lower than it should be, so he replaced the 'splitter connection' and bingo the strength shot up to 98%.  The original 'splitter connection' was heavily corroded.  He then set up the other boxes and as a bonus he replaced all 3 hand controllers which we've had for several years.

A positive outcome that upgrade has been completed and HD pictures appear (in my feeble opinion) to be better than before. 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, wreckingcountry said:

The billing will show a charge in August for the Labour and materials,LNB etc ! Be prepared

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If they do they can stuff it.   The information displayed on the TV advising users to contact True to have their LNB replaced before 1 August clearly states that it is FREE.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

If they do they can stuff it.   The information displayed on the TV advising users to contact True to have their LNB replaced before 1 August clearly states that it is FREE.

Exactly.

I know it’s premature, as American football doesn’t start until September, but if anyone hears anything about whether they will televise it this year please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

12 minutes ago, Fusbol said:

I know it’s premature, as American football doesn’t start until September, but if anyone hears anything about whether they will televise it this year please let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

As in previous years we will probably find out the day that regular season starts.  In the past they did not televise preseason games. and they never had a firm schedule until jut a few day before the regular eaon  game.