True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

• 3 weeks later...

Have ordered the PVR box. True told me I can buy my own eSATA external hard disk from powerbuy or tukcom.
3990 for a 500gb box is ridiculous when I can get a 1tb USB for less than half that price.
Unfortunately none of these places have eSATA or even a USB to eSATA cable.
Anyone know what actually works with the True Visions PVR box or if it has any storage memory within the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Have ordered the PVR box. True told me I can buy my own eSATA external hard disk from powerbuy or tukcom.
3990 for a 500gb box is ridiculous when I can get a 1tb USB for less than half that price.
Unfortunately none of these places have eSATA or even a USB to eSATA cable.
Anyone know what actually works with the True Visions PVR box or if it has any storage memory within the box?

I used my external eSATA drive (supplied by True) with my box and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Looking for alternative to True Vision in Bangkok.

Good.   If you have access to AIS Fibre internet at your residence that's an alternate.   AIS Fibre has various IPTV packages that includes things like western news channels, HBO channels, etc. that come with their internet service.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, Pib said:

Good.   If you have access to AIS Fibre internet at your residence that's an alternate.   AIS Fibre has various IPTV packages that includes things like western news channels, HBO channels, etc. that come with their internet service.

at a price   599 for everything,  I had it free for one month, since i use an android box and kodi, felt 599/month was over priced.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 9:39 AM, Mickey Mouse said:

Looking for alternative to True Vision in Bangkok.

Netflix is now in Thailand. They offer some very good content. I have both Truevision and Netflix, but if you are looking for an alternative to Truevision, Netflix is much cheaper and very good. 

• 1 month later...

Went to True shop 3 weeks ago to inform them of change of property to transfer True Internet August 1 and was told .. it’s too soon to book , come back a few days before August 1. Went there today and was told can’t do transfer until -August 9 ! Pathetic service and reason why True don’t deserve my business

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

why is the quality of films on True so bad? They just put fibre optic in and it's no better, blurry and low resolution. Was thinking of getting another TV but after staying at an expensive hotel in bkk with 2 decent tv's in the rooms the quality was just the same. It's so bad (ch 29) that I often can't bear to watch the junk.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a long talk with True Visions about billing. It seems, somewhere along the line, where you used to get 2 boxes per subscription, it has been changed, without notice. Hence for my second box, which for 20 years came along with the subscription, at some point they have been charging me an extra THB 5,000 per year. It has not been announced
anywhere.

As you know, if you've ever asked for a breakdown of the bill, it is impossible to understand.At a function last night, I asked many people( including several Thai's) and they didn't know about this change either. You can pay either 1 month at a time, but most pay either 6 months or a year at a time and you don't see this extra added in. Another reason to look for alternatives.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Every NFL American football season, those of us that have stuck with Truevisions wonder if they will televise games. This year is no different as I have been told by their call center that they won't know until close to the season, probably when the first games are played, as usual.

I did some checking with NFL Digital Care which is part of NFL Game Pass. Previously, you needed a VPN to get a US address. That has all changed, and in fact, people will be using a VPN in the US to get a foreign address, as NFLGame Pass is now Global. In Asia, in fact, there will be no blacked out games. I told the person I am not with the military and not living on a military base, but rather would be watching in my house in Bangkok, Thailand. That, he said, is no problem. They have a US zone, Canada, European zone and then a zone they call Rest of World (RoW), which Asia is part of.

You would need to use an XBox One, Apple TV, computer, Amazon Fire TV, or several different types of Phones and tablets. I am waiting on an answer to see if they replay games (probably) due to time zone differences. YouTube and play station have packages of programs, including NFL Game Pass, which cannot be viewed outside of the US. NFL Game Pass International cannot be viewed in the US. Things have changed.

Added info on the above. Due to time differences in Asia, I asked NFL Digital Care if they would replay any games just played. They said they archive their games, and subscribers could watch any game back to 2011.

As I am sure all True Vision customers will be aware True satellite signal is moving from the C band to KU band in August. This involves a different LNB. I just had the work done today and it was a 1 hour job plus 20 minutes to download the new software. I would not leave it to the last minute to change.

1 hour ago, Toosetinmyways said:

As I am sure all True Vision customers will be aware True satellite signal is moving from the C band to KU band in August. This involves a different LNB. I just had the work done today and it was a 1 hour job plus 20 minutes to download the new software. I would not leave it to the last minute to change.

Did they change the channel line-up or delete any?

9 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

True Visions have always used "KU" band. If you have the small True Antenna dish it is too small to properly receive "C" band signals due to the longer wavelength..  Hence the large black dish for other satellite providers.  The change that will happen in August is that they will switch from using Taicom-5 satellite to the new Thaicom-8 satellite.  I can see the reason for a software update and maybe a slight antenna position adjustment but not a new LNB.  I have a True  LNB in my hand and the LO ( local oscillator frequency is 11.3 GHz and would not be capable of detecting a "C" band signal which is between 3.7GHz and 4.2GHz..  The ku band range used for TV transmission id 10.5GHz to 17.0GHz.  I will send TRue Visions and email requesting information on the change and will post the answer. if they reply, here.  Thanks for the "heads-up"

• Thanks 1

I just checked, athai-cm-5 and Thaicom-8 are both in the same orbit slot, 78.5degrees east. so the antenna position doesn't have to be changed.  The Thaicom-5 has 24 "C" band  transponders and 14 "KU" band transponders while the Thaicom-8 has only "KU" band transponders, 24.  I cannot find any information that True uses "C" band, only "KU" band.  I e-mailed True and told them about your situation and asked them  what the change was and if there was a software/hardware update required, if so, when it had to be done and whether they would contact customers direct to set up appointments.  They are usually fairly fast in providing an answer although some of their answers are lacking in content.  I'll post it here if/when I get an answer.

• Thanks 1

My wife called True regarding getting new remotes as ours are failing (again). True told my wife about C band KU band and changing LNB to receive signal after August and to make appointment to do the work, When the guys came they had a box the size of your hand. They went to the dish then opened the  set top box. Then downloaded the new software. It was free of charge and appears no change in programming. Checking signal origins it now says Thaicom 8.

• Thanks 1

I sent an email to True on Saturday and they actually answered yesterday.  An update is requied.  Here's a copy of what they sent me:

" In reply to your email, we would like to inform you that as Thaicom has announced its plan to replace the satellite, for TrueVisions service. So, we have made an appointment to change the LNB on your satellite dish and tune the set-top box no an additional cost on June 6 of 2019 in the morning before noon in order to receive our service continuously. "

22 hours ago, johnmell said:

Sony channel 229 seems to have disappeared from my schedule.

Not seen any news about this anywhere.Anyone notice the same?

True's answer via e-mail:

" Regarding your inquiry about Sony Channel, we regret to inform you that TrueVisions has been informed by the Sony Channel’s content provider to cease  broadcasting its channel  in Asia, effective from 1 June 2019 onwards. However, you can continue to enjoy top-rated programs on AXN channel (336) including The Blacklist, McGyver and Asia’s Got Talent."

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed that all news channels like NHK, BBC, CNN are now running 5 minutes behind the usual programme schedule? So for example on all these channels the 8pm news has started at 8:05pm! This applies across the programming day.

Surely this is not due to the regime demanding a delay so that they can cut out any content that they deem unsuitable for ordinary mortals!

• Like 1

Yep, they are running behind, at least CNN.  Don't have a clue why, but sensoring could be a reason.  I usually stream CNN from the uS other than the programs that are broadcast on both CNN US and CNN International as only a few broadcasts are the same unless there's a disaster happening and then they wear it out on both US and International..

On 6/1/2019 at 6:34 AM, Toosetinmyways said:

My wife called True regarding getting new remotes as ours are failing (again). True told my wife about C band KU band and changing LNB to receive signal after August and to make appointment to do the work, When the guys came they had a box the size of your hand. They went to the dish then opened the  set top box. Then downloaded the new software. It was free of charge and appears no change in programming. Checking signal origins it now says Thaicom 8.

How do you find the info. about Thaicom 5 or 8 ?

6 minutes ago, NE1 said:

How do you find the info. about Thaicom 5 or 8 ?

what info do you want?  Google Thaicom-5 satellite and Thaicom-8 satellite and you can find the details about both.

16 minutes ago, wayned said:

what info do you want?  Google Thaicom-5 satellite and Thaicom-8 satellite and you can find the details about both.

How do i find which one is on my T.V. ?

What buttons do I press to find this info ?