Ceremony planned to thank evil spirits at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

A ghost in traditional costume was rumored to have helped evacuate the passengers from the aircraft shortly after it slid off the runway,

Well, at least we now have an explanation for the cabin crew high-tailing it out of there ahead of the passengers.

Either they were relieved the ghost took up their post for them, or that traditional costume scared the hell out of 'em. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps the airport ghosts are still angry about the endless corruption that occurred at the airport.....

Anyway funny stuff. While this type of announcement may make sense to Thai people, to the

world community it just does not look good. .... In the future if a book is written about corporate

response to a disaster, what Thai Airways has done here will be held up as what NOT to do.....

• Like 1

I am only wondering how the world and medias will react to such childish attitude. I am also waiting for the Star Alliance official statement about this ghost and spirit nonsense. If Thai Airways think that will resolve technical problems then I will fly with more reliable airlines companies in the future. Security doesnt depends on okus pokus non sense. coffee1.gif

Just because you don't believe, you shouldn't mock those that do. Thai's have a high respect for spirits and ghosts and business and individuals make offerings to them everyday as part of their life. This is a quite normal response from Thai people after accidents, bad luck etc. Try and respect others beliefs, and if you can't do so don't say anything at all.

totster bah.gif

When it comes to religion and spirits, etc, we don't have to respect anyone's beliefs. What we do have to do unfortunately, is tolerate it.

There's no evidence for god or ghosts. Remember - facts should change opinions and not the other way round.

Or put another way

Religion is like a penis. It's okay to have one It's okay to be proud of it HOWEVER Do not pull it out in public.

When it comes to religion and spirits, etc, we don't have to respect anyone's beliefs. What we do have to do unfortunately, is tolerate it.

There's no evidence for god or ghosts. Remember - facts should change opinions and not the other way round.

It's clear from your post that you neither respect or tolerate others beliefs.

Personally, I think you are wrong.. I think we do have to respect peoples beliefs, it is their right to believe in what they they want and it's no business or yours or mine to insult or ridicule that belief.

totster smile.png

Personally, I think you are wrong.. I think we do have to respect peoples beliefs, it is their right to believe in what they they want and it's no business or yours or mine to insult or ridicule that belief.

totster smile.png

I do tolerate it, but I certainly don't respect religion and/or ghosts.

It's about time people woke up and started getting on with their lives.

I used to believe in the tooth fairy and monsters. I grew up.

Using the words "What we do have to do unfortunately, is tolerate it." means to me that you tolerate, but not from choice. Big difference.

totster smile.png

totster smile.png

Using the words "What we do have to do unfortunately, is tolerate it." means to me that you tolerate, but not from choice. Big difference.

totster smile.png

Yes, look up what the word tolerate means. I have to accept it because if I openly criticised it in a country like this I would be serious danger. Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1

totster smile.png

totster smile.png

Better maybe to say we live with it, as we do not have a choice. What I hate the most is when something is thrust in your face when you are not interested, if folks want to believe in Santa fine.

The days of most religions are either winding down fast or are getting more angry and resort to hatred. I think the Thai CEO is over the top in many aspects, he should concentrate on getting rid of hangers on-non fare paying cronies, better pricing to attract customers together with GENUINE pleasant service, he should go for the obvious, but seemingly he cannot see it.

What a bunch of idiots. Of course it was the ghosts, can't possibly be that THAI people ever did anything wrong as they are all so damn perfect ! Would be much better if they took time to check the maintenance of the planes and ensure that they are flight worthy before going anywhere...will they ? What are the odds ? Nope, prayed to evil spirits, job done. Never EVER flying with that company...

• Like 1

totster smile.png

Yes, look up what the word tolerate means. I have to accept it because if I openly criticised it in a country like this I would be serious danger.

I completely understand your position. No one actually wants to be known as a bigot.

totster smile.png

totster smile.png

totster smile.png

Better maybe to say we live with it, as we do not have a choice. What I hate the most is when something is thrust in your face when you are not interested, if folks want to believe in Santa fine.

The days of most religions are either winding down fast or are getting more angry and resort to hatred. I think the Thai CEO is over the top in many aspects, he should concentrate on getting rid of hangers on-non fare paying cronies, better pricing to attract customers together with GENUINE pleasant service, he should go for the obvious, but seemingly he cannot see it.

Yea, I'll let someone else explain it to you.

totster smile.png

Yes, look up what the word tolerate means. I have to accept it because if I openly criticised it in a country like this I would be serious danger.
I completely understand your position. No one actually wants to be known as a bigot.

totster smile.png

Yea,I think you're confusing what 'beliefs' means like you did with tolerate. I'm not talking about the right to be gay or women to vote. I'm talking about people spouting god or ghosts when it affects real life. It's that simple really.

• Like 1

The problem is not the spiritual beleifs per se, it is that they divert from the actual facts and required actions. For example, better engineering process, repairing rail tracks that are derelict, 2 year old roads collapsing due to improper construction due to the budget being diverted through graft and corruption.

Not only that, but many Thais know this and either are profiting from it or protesting against it. And those who don't are often being exploited due to that fact.

• Like 1

totster smile.png

totster smile.png

Yea,I think you're confusing what 'beliefs' means like you did with tolerate. I'm not talking about the right to be gay or women to vote. I'm talking about people spouting god or ghosts when it affects real life. It's that simple really.

Sounds like bigotry to me.. but you dress it up anyway you like to feel better.

totster smile.png

I cant believe this.

Drunk pickup drivers trusting in amulets when driving in the rain with passengers dancing on the roof of the car is one thing. One puts that down to an education system that promotes mass ignorance and superstition.

But now, SRT believes in ghosts rather than maintenance and Thai Airways is in on the act.

Maybe the government should hold a ceremony to get ghosts to shift the rice mountain.

I for one, will never ever fly Thai airways again.

It was said that the plane had a history of problems. If they focused on not letting planes with a history of problems fly, instead of this immature evil spirit stuff then and only then Suvarnabhumi will be free of trouble.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

• Like 2

I am only wondering how the world and medias will react to such childish attitude. I am also waiting for the Star Alliance official statement about this ghost and spirit nonsense. If Thai Airways think that will resolve technical problems then I will fly with more reliable airlines companies in the future. Security doesnt depends on okus pokus non sense. coffee1.gif

Just because you don't believe, you shouldn't mock those that do. Thai's have a high respect for spirits and ghosts and business and individuals make offerings to them everyday as part of their life. This is a quite normal response from Thai people after accidents, bad luck etc. Try and respect others beliefs, and if you can't do so don't say anything at all.

totster bah.gif

Or put another way

Religion is like a penis. It's okay to have one It's okay to be proud of it HOWEVER Do not pull it out in public.

Western ethnocentric post. Maybe you haven't been in Asia long enough to realize that Asians wear their religion on their sleeve. If you live here, you're a misfit. whistling.gif

It was said that the plane had a history of problems. If they focused on not letting planes with a history of problems fly, instead of this immature evil spirit stuff then and only then Suvarnabhumi will be free of trouble.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Your belief that a major airline that flies to many world destinations doesn't already follow a strict set of procedures for maintaining aircraft is immature.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/13/4310169/thai-airways-inspects-airbus-a330.html#.Ujf-TmSSAoE

totster:)

If bigatory is slamming a 'professional' for saying bad spirits may have affected the safety of a plane, then I'm most definitely a bigot.

Can you provide a link to where it specifically says that bad spirits affected the safety of the plane?

BTW - I agree with your assertion that you are a bigot.

totster smile.png

If bigatory is slamming a 'professional' for saying bad spirits may have affected the safety of a plane, then I'm most definitely a bigot.

Can you provide a link to where it specifically says that bad spirits affected the safety of the plane?

totster smile.png

Please do read what you just quoted of mine.

totster smile.png

I did, btw, have you read the report on the link I provided a couple of posts ago ?

totster smile.png

totster smile.png

I did, btw, have you read the report on the link I provided a couple of posts ago ?

totster smile.png

Unfortunately, I've read too much of what you have written.

I can 'tolerate' no more. Right, I'm off out to happily tolerate child slave labour and monks who exploite people's ignorance for financial gain.

God bless you, toaster. May Santa be with you.

• Like 2