Top Posters In This Topic

This city is just getting worse and worse

Every day there are Assaults robbery

accidents due to drunk driving

tourist are robbed of their values at knife point

Jet ski mafia

Walking street mafia

Maybe its time to move from this city.....sad.png

I speculate it is the bad economy. No money from Mr. Falang = flared tempers. We all need to be a little more careful out there.

I think the teens messed up- getting agressive with a tourist is usually low risk. They will not remain in Thailand long enough to push the case through the legal system.

Disputes with locals are another matter. The article states that the older Thai man owns a restaurant, so he will have the means to pursue justice.

Remember another Thai man that was recently robbed of a valuable gold necklace? And his son was an "influential" person. Oh my buddha, I wouldn't want an enemy like that whistling.gif

The victim might have made some remark to the motorbike riders who jumped the light and almost hit him .... ? I would have.

Whoa! All stop there, little fella. Keep yer trap shut until you walk a mile in his shoes.

Then... you'll be 1.6 kilometers away and have some new footwear also tongue.png

• Like 1

How does a news article regarding an old man being beaten on get to a thread fight about defending Pattaya?

@Gone, agreed. It started with my voicing an observation of many headlines of criminal nature being that of Pattaya and my personal experience and opinion reflecting that. In my blanket statement I inadvertently offended a resident, which wasn't my intention. Crime is everywhere and none of us are immune to it, wherever we choose to live or hide. I'm sure if I searched the internet I could probably find some factual statistics to support what I've posted.

One thing I did not know or pay attention to that was made clear to me was that I was posting my opinions about the news in Pattaya headlines that were in the Pattaya forum. DUH! <smack to the forehead> I receive the Thaivisa emails of breaking news to my email like all of us and I simply open it up and <right click/open in new tab> the articles I see of interest and never paid attention that it was bring me to those specific forums.

[back on topic] Not singling out Pattaya but its apparent that it seems to be a place that is appealing to local on tourist crimes and expat on tourist crimes as tourists are the easiest of targets. There have been recent posts that the Police are cracking down, made thousands arrests and so forth. This is a positive move and start because regardless of the political boundaries or provinces within Thailand, Pattaya is Thailand and what happens there or anywhere else in the country will affect tourism altogether.

What Pattaya?! No never, I can't believe anything of the such would happen in that up-scale vacation hotspot.

Ok now 2 teens hardly make a "gang" unless of course it was found that they were acting or connected with a larger group hitting various parts of the city.

No doubt that there may have been an exchange of words before this happened. Typical thainess and saving face.

Regardless, from my experience and observations of Thai culture and laws, the man deserved it. Look at what he was doing!!! He was crossing the street. That certainly warrants a minimal sentence of a public beating but not yet that severe of a sword stabbing death from not paying 51b taxi fare or being stabbed to death for not stopping your singing in a karaoke bar. As a tourist you should know better that you are not allowed to cross the street, sing in a karaoke bar or STEAL 51b with the intent to deprive the worst of all.

On a more serious note, as I've said in all my posts regarding Pattaya, it truly is a cesspool. Perhaps at one point in time it may have been a dream vacation getaway hotspot but times have changed. Simply google these 3 words "tourist death thailand" or narrow it down to Pattaya. With using Thailand I got over 10,200,000 results; with Pattaya I got 719,000.

Very scary and sad

How does a news article regarding an old man being beaten on get to a thread fight about defending Pattaya?

@Gone, agreed. It started with my voicing an observation of many headlines of criminal nature being that of Pattaya and my personal experience and opinion reflecting that. In my blanket statement I inadvertently offended a resident, which wasn't my intention. Crime is everywhere and none of us are immune to it, wherever we choose to live or hide. I'm sure if I searched the internet I could probably find some factual statistics to support what I've posted.

One thing I did not know or pay attention to that was made clear to me was that I was posting my opinions about the news in Pattaya headlines that were in the Pattaya forum. DUH! <smack to the forehead> I receive the Thaivisa emails of breaking news to my email like all of us and I simply open it up and <right click/open in new tab> the articles I see of interest and never paid attention that it was bring me to those specific forums.

[back on topic] Not singling out Pattaya but its apparent that it seems to be a place that is appealing to local on tourist crimes and expat on tourist crimes as tourists are the easiest of targets. There have been recent posts that the Police are cracking down, made thousands arrests and so forth. This is a positive move and start because regardless of the political boundaries or provinces within Thailand, Pattaya is Thailand and what happens there or anywhere else in the country will affect tourism altogether.

I don't understand your post have you now changed your opinion of Pattaya or do you still hold your original view?

What Pattaya?! No never, I can't believe anything of the such would happen in that up-scale vacation hotspot.

Ok now 2 teens hardly make a "gang" unless of course it was found that they were acting or connected with a larger group hitting various parts of the city.

No doubt that there may have been an exchange of words before this happened. Typical thainess and saving face.

Regardless, from my experience and observations of Thai culture and laws, the man deserved it. Look at what he was doing!!! He was crossing the street. That certainly warrants a minimal sentence of a public beating but not yet that severe of a sword stabbing death from not paying 51b taxi fare or being stabbed to death for not stopping your singing in a karaoke bar. As a tourist you should know better that you are not allowed to cross the street, sing in a karaoke bar or STEAL 51b with the intent to deprive the worst of all.

On a more serious note, as I've said in all my posts regarding Pattaya, it truly is a cesspool. Perhaps at one point in time it may have been a dream vacation getaway hotspot but times have changed. Simply google these 3 words "tourist death thailand" or narrow it down to Pattaya. With using Thailand I got over 10,200,000 results; with Pattaya I got 719,000.

Very scary and sad

I don't understand your post have you now changed your opinion of Pattaya or do you still hold your original view?

No I havn't changed my opinion about Pattaya. Of all the cities or places in Thailand, I feel (without actual statistics) IMO that Pattaya is the most dangerous of cities to live, with the highest violent crimes/murder rate than any other. By no means am I criticizing those that are residents of Pattaya, it is nothing personal.