All Non O Visas from Hull now need 800K Bht in the bank

New pdf docs were uploaded to the Hull website yesterday, below taken from the new docs:

SINGLE ENTRY “O” VISA:-
1. Passport with minimum 6 months validity at time of entering Thailand.
2. Visa Application Form fully completed and with two photographs attached.
3. Copy of Thai marriage certificate (front and back).
4. Copy of either spouse’s Thai passport or Thai ID card (front and back).
showing their family name to be the same as that of visa applicant.
5. Copy of Thai Bank Book or UK “Current Account” bank statements for last
3 months showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum
amount of THB800k.
MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA (First visa of this type):-
5. Copy of UK “Current Account” bank statements for last 3 months
showing monthly income equivalent to THB65k or lump-sum amount of
THB800k.
MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA (All subsequent visas of this type):-
5. Copy of Thai Bank Book or UK “Current Account” bank statements for last
3 months showing monthly
  • Like 1

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain the logic of this one. Over 65 you don't need to be able to afford to live in Thailand - just show receipt (however small) of the State Pension.

SINGLE or MULTIPLE ENTRY “O” VISA FOR PERSON AGED 65 AND OVER:-
5. Copy of UK “Current Account” bank statements for last 3 months showing
receipt of UK State Pension (no minimum required).

Presumably you have to wait until you are 65 years and 3 months to satisfy the criteria.

• Like 1

All I can say that it is totally wrong.

Where did they come up with the numbers for marriage based visas. Asking for retirement funds is way beyond ridiculous.

If I was from the UK I would be sending emails to Hull and the embassy. Sending a copy of the

income requirements for an extension based upon marriage with it.

Asking for financial proof for a single entry of any type is also way beyond ridiculous.

For retirement visas I think I can see what the embassy is doing. They want people showing up in London to apply for OA visas.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

So under the new rules (both Thailand and the UK) some poor sods who are married to a Thai and have children together will be unable to live together as a family.

There are no changes for getting an extension of stay here from immigration.

Only in the UK for visas.

• Like 2

So under the new rules (both Thailand and the UK) some poor sods who are married to a Thai and have children together will be unable to live together as a family.

Correct. If you haven't got the wherewithall to meet the minimum financial requirements.

No difference as far as extensions are concerned but many have exploited 'soft' visa procedures and resided on Non Imm O's with border runs,

A couple of points.

Firstly, under both Thai and UK law, a when a Thai lady gets married' in Thailand, the UK or any where else, she has the right to choose whether to change her name to her husbands or keep her maiden name.

Are the Thai Embassy in London and/or the Consulate in Hull removing that right?

Secondly, on the Birmingham Consulate Website, in the non immigrant visa section, there is no reference to the Thai wife's name on her passport/ID card needing to be the same as her husbands, and the only reference to required finance is the following:

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

There's no reference to needing to show 65K baht per month income or have 800K baht in a current account in the UK.

• Like 1

Secondly, on the Birmingham Consulate Website, in the non immigrant visa section, there is no reference to the Thai wife's name on her passport/ID card needing to be the same as her husbands, and the only reference to required finance is the following:

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

There's no reference to needing to show 65K baht per month income or have 800K baht in a current account in the UK.

I am guessing that Birmingham haven't updated their website whereas Hull just did. Hulls requirements seem to be based upon those listed on the Thai Embassy (UK) website...

post-64390-0-82796400-1379469194_thumb.j

Correct. If you haven't got the wherewithall to meet the minimum financial requirements.

No difference as far as extensions are concerned but many have exploited 'soft' visa procedures and resided on Non Imm O's with border runs,

I have lived mainly in Thailand since 2004 but have had to return to the UK every year for a medical. I've never known exactly how long I'd be in the UK each time so my wife (and sometimes our daughter) has come with me and we've treated it as and extended holiday of one, two, or even three months.

Originally I went to immigration at Si Ratcha to get an extension to my first non 'O', based on marriage, but, because I had to go back to the UK every year they wouldn't (didn't want to?) do it. They told me to get a new multi non 'O' each time I was in the UK and do ninety day border runs while I was in Thailand.

And that's what I have done every year since.

Does that mean I (under Si Ratcha immigration instructions) have been exploiting the soft visa procedures for the last nine years?

I've been doing pretty much the same since 2006, with obligations to travel to the UK at least annually there seemed little point in getting an extension here. I am supposing that with the financials now being needed that a lot will turn to the even softer option of purchasing a retirement extension for 20-30K/year. That is of course unless immigration intends to take a look at this corrupt but common practice.

Last month I was told at the Phuket Immigration Office, by a Foreign Volunteer there, that there is a new rule that when applying for a non-O visa it's now necessary to have 18 months left on your passport.

I am guessing that Birmingham haven't updated their website whereas Hull just did. Hulls requirements seem to be based upon those listed on the Thai Embassy (UK) website...

attachicon.gifCapturethaiemb.JPG

You guess wrong. Birmingham have updated their website within the last few days.

I looked on their site less than about two weeks ago (just after the last 'change') to advise a friend about the documents he needed to take when he applied for a multi non'o' visa and to confirm that the Consulate would now have to send the application to the Embassy in London for approval, so he could no longer get his visa on the same day and would have to allow more time. At that time, in the non immigrant visa section there was a separate section with instructions just for people applying for a non 'o' based on marriage.

Their whole non immigrant visa section has changed and been rewritten since then.

Posted 3 minutes ago
Last month I was told at the Phuket Immigration Office, by a Foreign Volunteer there, that there is a new rule that when applying for a non-O visa it's now necessary to have 18 months left on your passport.

No such rule and suspect you are talking about extensions of stay rather than visas in any case. But the rules on validity of extensions has changed and those issued now will expire at expiration of passport (no longer be transferred into new passport with remaining one year time) so best to have at least a full year remaining when getting extension and to be safe for travel the 18 months would be advised.

I'm married to a Thai.Does this now mean i now need 800,000 in my uk current a/c for 3 months previous to applying for my multi-entry Non immigrant (o)visa, plus another 400,000/ 800,000 in my thai bank for 3 months before making an application for a marriage/retirement visa,therefore making it a total of between 1.2 and 1.6 million baht depending on what visa i choose,all tied up in banks doing nothing and earning nothing in percent.Or would i be granted a retirement visa from the uk based on having 800,000 for a period of 3 or more months in my uk account alone.

Please would someone be kind enough to clarify this.