German stuck in mud at East Pattaya Reservoir

webfact

German stuck in mud at East Pattaya Reservoir

german-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Rescue Workers managed to extract a German biker from mud at the Maprachan Reservoir in East Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon.

The German, named as Mr. Wolf Mindertahn aged 69, had gone with a British friend to the area with their mountain bikes to enjoy a day of off-road action.

The pair approached an area of grassland which they assumed was dry but Mr. Mindertahn, who was travelling in front of his friend, fell into mud and became stuck along with his expensive mountain bike.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/102927/german-stuck-mud-east-pattaya-reservoir/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-18

almost 70 and still mountain biking great to see. Hope I am as fit and active as he is when I reach that age.

Yes agreed, not all old expats are sitting in the girlie bars and wasting their time but live an active/longer quality life.

Guess the expensive mountain bike isn't a mud bike.

• Like 1

Getting stuck like that is rather terrifying. I once stepped into an old wet peat bog, unearthed by a construction project we were working on. Was into it past my waist and going down slow, while my "buddies" stood around laughing. They finally threw me a rope and pulled me out. It was rather like the old Tarzan movies where Big T tricks the bad guys into running through the quicksand patch.