refrigerator shop

jbrain

Anyone knows of a shop that repairs or manufacture refrigerators ?

I need to find Silicone oil, which is according to Wikipedia used in the cooling system of refrigerators.

Please take note, I'm not looking for Numchai or Powerbuy alike shops, as they don't repair fridges and have not a clue what Silicone oil is .

Thank you in advance if you could point me to where I could get that Silicone oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone_oil

Applications

Silicone oils are primarily used as lubricants or hydraulic fluids. They are excellent electrical insulators[1] and, unlike their carbon analogues, are non-flammable. Their temperature-stability and good heat-transfer characteristics make them widely used in laboratories for heating baths ("oil baths") placed on top of hotplate stirrers, as well as in freeze-dryers as refrigerants. Silicone oil is also commonly used as the working fluid in dashpots, wet type transformers, diffusion pumps and in oil-filled heaters.

Cant help you with the shop as im not located in pattaya.

However maybe i can point you in the right direction.

Silicone oil??

Yes but that is just a generic name for oil types derived from silicone polymers.

Silicone based oils do have excellent heat transfer properties and are used sometimes in cooling cycles. However this is not what your fridge is utilizing.

Explain your fidge problem and I may be able to point you in the right direction.

I take it the fridge is no longer cold???

Cant help you with the shop as im not located in pattaya.

However maybe i can point you in the right direction.

Silicone oil??

Yes but that is just a generic name for oil types derived from silicone polymers.

Silicone based oils do have excellent heat transfer properties and are used sometimes in cooling cycles. However this is not what your fridge is utilizing.

Explain your fidge problem and I may be able to point you in the right direction.

I take it the fridge is no longer cold???

I have no problems with my fridge, I need the oil for some different application.

When I ask in any shop for silicone oil, I get the stare as if I come from Jupiter, and get handed a tube of silicone.

That's why I looked it up on google to know what is the usage of it.

I know I can buy it in spray at Homepro, but I would prefer the liquid version.

Edited by jbrain

Ahh.. I see ok.

Well if its any help and if it was me I would give the fridge shop a miss as its not really used in every day refrigeration use.

Depending on the quantity and viscosity that you are looking for, you could try some of the following if you have these shops close by.

Car garage, dentists, model/art shops, if you know someone working in aviation then for sure they coupd help.

Failing all this try back at the garage maybe they could source some for you? But in that case you would need to be more specific about what you require.

Good luck

I wouldn't need a large quantity, probably half a liter would be more than sufficient, and it is need to clean some steel item and remove the friction.

Other than that it would be applied to rubber o-rings on a piston to give them better air seal.If I have the liquid I can actually soak them in the oil.

I'm not sure if the viscosity is important in this case.

For which application would a garage use it? The problem with hydraulic oils is that it usually isn't written on the bottle if it's silicone or synthetic oil.