Teddy Bear Museum!

WinnieTheKhwai

Obviously you're not an Asian female if any age...I'm just wondering if it will be as interesting as the Bottle Museum on Sukhumvit.

Ha-ha, I see your point, all the cars parked outside the teddy bear museum will probably have those "Hallo Kitty" number plate holders & stickers.

Don't really see my Ford Ranger truck fitting into the place, thankfully my wife is not into that stuff and even prefer the truck over a sedan so not very typical Thai lady in that regard.

Ford Ranger truck - wow a genuine redneck hillbilly. How macho. Should fit right in with the Hello Kitty number plates then,

WoW scratch eyes springs to mind..come on guys you have I have..

Fair enough if one doesn't like a Teddy Bear museum, does it mean there can not been one ?

Many things I don't like or are not interested in:

Boyz town

Bottle museum (ok never been there, don't really see the point, what is interesting about bottles or teddy bears for that matter?)

Hallo Kitty number plate holders

Walking street

And the list goes on and on.

I don't mind they are here as long as I don't have to get involved.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Fair enough if  one doesn't like a Teddy Bear museum, does it mean there can not been one ?

I don't mind they are here as long as I don't have to get involved.  

so far the most sensible statement in this thread.

And I like to remind that this is about the teddy bear museum and not gay bears or macho cars.

B)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

---So there was a "soft grand opening" for the Teddy Bear Island museum on Beach Rd over the weekend (since the shop annex of Markland condo-hotel didn't get completed by its due date the "real grand opening" will now be in a few more weeks. ) Did anyone go to the museum over the weekend? Is it worth taking a 4 or 5 year old to?

Found the best thing ever for 4 yo y'day. Old Engines, Trains, Trucks, Excavator, ForkLift and even an Aeroplane near Siam Country Club Golf Course. All for climbing on and moving handles.

post-183772-0-57081200-1380603154_thumb.

BUT.. I left his scooter there !!!

Baht 1000 reward for return..cheap at the price, I will have to go to BKK and get a new one Baht3000 + before he finds out.

post-183772-0-01845500-1380603294_thumb.

I saw the groundsmen/greenkeepers today and offered the reward.

I suspect the fairways, greens and bunkers may have less attention in the next few days.

Edited by angrybird

^ You must have realized at some point that not everyone visiting Pattaya is like you?

Bud, I live here with my family got a kid, a dog, a house and don't go out for night life much anymore as I find it extremely boring.

I just don't see the interest in a teddy bear museum, got it.

In my opinion, i think this attraction would be great for the kids on holiday.

• Like 1

There might be ongoing problems with operating this museum as there seem to be problems with licenses (i.e. City Hall). Furthermore Markland co-owners did not agree (yet) with the reconstruction of the front section and there are rumours that a courtcase is ongong.

Seems like a strange choice of location to me. The rent can't be cheap around there (or do they own the site? I have no idea...). Not a huge amount of foot traffic I would have thought. Not the most accessible location for coach tours, if that is their target. As a darksider, I would not relish the thought of driving to that location, especially not on a weekend or Public Holiday, and I'm sure I'm not the only resident to feel this way. i would've thought the (probably) cheaper rents of 3rd Road or Sukhumvit might be more suitable.

I've not been there, but I'm finding it hard to visualize any revenue streams from a museum that could possibly justify such a prime downtown location. Then again, maybe I'm missing something...

Seems like a strange choice of location to me. The rent can't be cheap around there (or do they own the site? I have no idea...). Not a huge amount of foot traffic I would have thought. Not the most accessible location for coach tours, if that is their target. As a darksider, I would not relish the thought of driving to that location, especially not on a weekend or Public Holiday, and I'm sure I'm not the only resident to feel this way. i would've thought the (probably) cheaper rents of 3rd Road or Sukhumvit might be more suitable.

I've not been there, but I'm finding it hard to visualize any revenue streams from a museum that could possibly justify such a prime downtown location. Then again, maybe I'm missing something...

Yes, strange since there is limited parking. One plus is that it is located in the nicer section of Pattaya, on north Beach Rd. walking distance from the Holiday Inn, Amari, and Dusit. It is always surprising how "out siders" don't scope out the area for the best location. I even wonder if the owners are Thai (which I am assuming) --but they should know that the construction date of a building to be remodeled or finished is always 3-4 months after their announced due date. -So they announce that Sept. 27 would be their grand opening and the building is not complete yet...so they have to have another "official" grand opening later on in October. (But if you go now, you do get 50% off the entrance fee.)