The Poll For The World Cup In Germany

Sing_Sling

Who's going to win?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've had chats about Brits versus Aussies as usual and some other stuff - now for the definitive poll from experts!!! on this board.

My tip:

1) Italy

2) Argentina

3) Holland

I've got dual citizenship and sadly believe that neither will win - - -

Italy can break down any team with their defensive style and now have a good attacking forec as well.

(Yes, yes - there is an 'o' in World . . . can't bloody edit the title)

Edited by Sing_Sling

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robitusson - last time I looked Cameroon was in Africa. :o

Ecuador . . . hmm, I used artistic license and didn't give them a chance - My Bad!

The number of options in a poll are limited, so I couldn't enter all countries and made (clearly silly) omissions and judgements. So, robitussin goes for Cameroon to win it and Ilyushin for Ecuador?

Grudgingly say brazil 1st. would like to see holland win, though I think france will be the runners up.

:DI second that Kayo :D

But, I think there might be 2 options:

1. Brasil they have Ronaldinho the best player in the world :o

2. Holland

3. Germany

OR

1. Brasil

2. England

3. Holland

Brasil has absolutely the best team.

LaoPo

Ok .Brasil have Ronaldihino, who apparantly is the best in the world. Don't forget though their defense is a bit shaky. Who have we got.

In goal Robinson........................At last a goalie to shout about.

At the back Terry........................Another best in the World

At the front Rooney.....................Look out Rono, you'ye going to lose your crown to this boy.

In the middle Lampard & Gerard..Two more contenders for best in their positions.

Fill the rest of the places with the cream of the Premieship, and there's no reason why we shouldn't pull it off.

Notice I havn't mention Cole or Wright-Phillips. One good enough to walk in the England team, the other might well be soon. Reason for that. I did not want the rest of you to think I was picking a mainly Chelsea line-up. :o

Ok .Brasil have Ronaldihino, who apparantly is the best in the world. Don't forget though their defense is a bit shaky. Who have we got.

In goal Robinson........................At last a goalie to shout about.

At the back Terry........................Another best in the World

At the front Rooney.....................Look out Rono, you'ye going to lose your crown to this boy.

In the middle Lampard & Gerard..Two more contenders for best in their positions.

Fill the rest of the places with the cream of the Premieship, and there's no reason why we shouldn't pull it off.

Notice I havn't mention Cole or Wright-Phillips. One good enough to walk in the England team, the other might well be soon. Reason for that. I did not want the rest of you to think I was picking a mainly Chelsea line-up. :o

agree lamps england might just have the team to win this time,we just need some luck.

:D ...sorry...have to laugh a bit, if you don't mind, looking at the poll so far :D

Germany (2nd most successful Team) [ 2 ] [9.09%]

Argentina (Always a good bet) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

France (Henry, Trezeguet et al) [ 1 ] [4.55%]

Ecuador (They did beat Brazil) [ 1 ] [4.55%]

England (It's not the EPL) [ 10 ] [45.45%]

Italy (Defense AND Offense now) [ 2 ] [9.09%]

Croatia (Tall and Big) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Brazil (Getting Boring?) [ 2 ] [9.09%]

Spain (zzzzzzzzzzz) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Japan or Korea (AsiaPower) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Ukraine (Name two players) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

African Team? [ 1 ] [4.55%]

Australia, USA, Poland or Sweden [ 3 ] [13.64%] :o:D:D

Holland (Grudgingly Added) [ 0 ] [0.00%]

LaoPo

You must be a teacher.

Nope, the only teaching stint I had was as a post-grad tutor of Econometrics ( :D ) at the University in Valdivia while travelling South America many moons ago.

To those who chose England, or anyone really - do you make your decisions based simply on your country, that is on emotion, or by looking at the strengths of the teams.

Emotionally I'd have two, but realistically it's not on.

I'll still be sitting on the roof of the Hilton on Orchard Road watching the big-screen TV and hoping against hope.

Important Question:

Will all games, especially half finals and further-up be broadcasted LIVE??? in Thailand in hotels, restaurant, bars etc.?

If so, what channel(s); is there also an English-speaking channel?

LaoPo

i can't imagine that the games won't be broadcast live with all the hype on thai tv several months before and the ads everywhere in the shopping malls. my opinion is that all games will be broadcast live..

my tip is that the last eight will include:

germany

england

serbia & montenegro

iran

italy

brazil

france

ukraine

out of those, the best chances to win are with ukraine and brazil. and no, i have no affiliations with either of them and neither is my home country. reason for ukraine is they haven't lost any of their qualifying games out of all the countries around the world. reason for brazil is their strong defense and strikers, the midfield isn't that great except ronaldinho and their goalkeeper could be better right now, too.

Edited by rainman

No Italy nor Argentina, rainman? Them's fightin' words.

Despite paying for ESPN, StarSports, SuperSports and SuperSports Plus cable, we have to pay for a separate channel for the World Cup. Kind of sucks, but this is Singapore and you pay for everything through the nose. Oh well, at least everything works and is on time . . .

i can't imagine that the games won't be broadcast live with all the hype on thai tv several months before and the ads everywhere in the shopping malls. my opinion is that all games will be broadcast live..

my tip is that the last eight will include:

germany Czech

england

serbia & montenegro Mexico

iran USA

italy

brazil

france Croats

ukraine Holland

Bit off but I made some corrections for you Rain! :o

Edited by britmaveric

As I stated in a previous topic.

ALL THE WORLD CUP GAMES ARE BEING SHOWN LIVE ON THAI TV. THAT MEANS IF YOU HAVE UBC, THE COMMENTARY WILL BE IN ENGLISH.

Blimey I feel a bit hoarse now.

Opps, sorry "LaoPo" hope you do not mind :o

As I stated in a previous topic.

ALL THE WORLD CUP GAMES ARE BEING SHOWN LIVE ON THAI TV. THAT MEANS IF YOU HAVE UBC, THE COMMENTARY WILL BE IN ENGLISH.

Blimey I feel a bit hoarse now.

Opps, sorry "LaoPo" hope you do not mind :D

Brilliant... :o at first I thought our good friend 'Lampy' wrote "horny" :D but sometimes my eyes...you know... :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I think the Swedes will be pissed off being paired with the Poles Yanks & Aussies as no hopers.

For me when England lose then its all over. You can only support ur own country.

Did I ever say I'm actually Brazilian..... :o

1; Brazil

2; Italy

3; England (with a bit of luck-it just is not right yet and with Sven it never was or would've been).

redrus

40% currently voting for Engerland, heart ruling head people.....?

Edited by redrus

40% currently voting for Engerland, heart ruling head people.....?

:oIf the English team play like Arsenal did against Villareal tonight, they'll be out after the 1st round in the World Cup...

A disgrace for English football....but, right, how many Brits are playing for Arsenal? :D

OK, Arsenal is in the Champions' League in Paris, but if they play like they did tonight..... I fear the worst.

LaoPo

You must be a teacher.

Nope, the only teaching stint I had was as a post-grad tutor of Econometrics ( :D ) at the University in Valdivia while travelling South America many moons ago.

To those who chose England, or anyone really - do you make your decisions based simply on your country, that is on emotion, or by looking at the strengths of the teams.

Emotionally I'd have two, but realistically it's not on.

I'll still be sitting on the roof of the Hilton on Orchard Road watching the big-screen TV and hoping against hope.

Econo...what? The Cameroon all the way!!! (Did they qualify?)

Nope, Cameroon didn't qualify this time.

Econometrics? Let's see if this puts it into perspective:

The quantitative examination of economic trends and relationships using statistical techniques, and the development, examination, and refinement of those techniques.

Basically it's an egghead method of looking at why things happen an if theyr are interrelated or if there are common denominators inherent in these occurences.

You think that's dry, I did my thesis on Keynesian Thought. . . .

Edited by Sing_Sling

Nope, Cameroon didn't qualify this time.

Econometrics? Let's see if this puts it into perspective:

The quantitative examination of economic trends and relationships using statistical techniques, and the development, examination, and refinement of those techniques.

Basically it's an egghead method of looking at why things happen an if theyr are interrelated or if there are common denominators inherent in these occurences.

You think that's dry, I did my thesis on Keynesian Thought. . . .

Never been to Kenya, I can make fart noises with my hand under my armpit though!