The Poll For The World Cup In Germany

Sing_Sling

Who's going to win?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We musn't shout about England yet now it seems Rooney is out. What was the idiot thinking, playing as hard as that? He very nearly put paid to Terry's chances as well as his own. Ok, it's good we have a couple of players that give 150% in all situations, but surely a little bit of thought comes into it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We musn't shout about England yet now it seems Rooney is out. What was the idiot thinking, playing as hard as that? He very nearly put paid to Terry's chances as well as his own. Ok, it's good we have a couple of players that give 150% in all situations, but surely a little bit of thought comes into it.

:D:o:D

England to win it, for me. Rooney's injury just gives the rest a chance. Not much of one though!

The mighty Peter Crouch will come in and lay the opposition defences to waste. I can't wait for us to reclaim our rightful crown as the finest footballing nation on the planet

Did i really see some people suggesting that USA or Australia will make it through to the last eight? Behave, neither of them will get out of the group stages!

England to win it, for me. Rooney's injury just gives the rest a chance. Not much of one though!

The mighty Peter Crouch will come in and lay the opposition defences to waste. I can't wait for us to reclaim our rightful crown as the finest footballing nation on the planet

Did i really see some people suggesting that USA or Australia will make it through to the last eight? Behave, neither of them will get out of the group stages!

Eddie, your objective view is most welcome. Scouse git........ :D:o

redeyedrus

As I stated in a previous topic.

ALL THE WORLD CUP GAMES ARE BEING SHOWN LIVE ON THAI TV. THAT MEANS IF YOU HAVE UBC, THE COMMENTARY WILL BE IN ENGLISH.

Blimey I feel a bit hoarse now.

I hope you are right but if you remember the last World Cup, Thailand took a very nationalistic approach and refused to allow English language commentary on the state channels, even on UBC. I can't remember whether they showed the matches with ads taking up most of the screen every five minutes or not. Of course, the expert summarising at half time and after the game will only be in Thai, the presenters decked out in this years favourite line in tracksuits.

If you are watching in bars, it'll be worth looking out for those with satellite or cable as the African coverage will probably be better.

"I hope you are right but if you remember the last World Cup, Thailand took a very nationalistic approach and refused to allow English language commentary on the state channels, even on UBC. I can't remember whether they showed the matches with ads taking up most of the screen every five minutes or not. Of course, the expert summarising at half time and after the game will only be in Thai, the presenters decked out in this years favourite line in tracksuits.

If you are watching in bars, it'll be worth looking out for those with satellite or cable as the African coverage will probably be better. "

Find a place where they have DreamTV, the satellite from Phillipines. They have three good sportschannels (ESPN, Starsport and Sports Plus) and all of them with original commentators.

Here up in the cool north most of us has Dynasat with DreamTV.

And who is winning the World Cup?

1. Sweden

2. Italy

3. Brazil

No, I am not from England (thank God)! :o

My Vote -

1. France

2. Brazil

3. Germany

4. England

Although my guts telling me Brazil will win it this time again but who knows history might repeat itself again :o

btw, anyone have the time fixtures of the game?

Explorer :D

"I hope you are right but if you remember the last World Cup, Thailand took a very nationalistic approach and refused to allow English language commentary on the state channels, even on UBC. I can't remember whether they showed the matches with ads taking up most of the screen every five minutes or not. Of course, the expert summarising at half time and after the game will only be in Thai, the presenters decked out in this years favourite line in tracksuits.

If you are watching in bars, it'll be worth looking out for those with satellite or cable as the African coverage will probably be better. "

Find a place where they have DreamTV, the satellite from Phillipines. They have three good sportschannels (ESPN, Starsport and Sports Plus) and all of them with original commentators.

Here up in the cool north most of us has Dynasat with DreamTV.

1. Sweden

2. Italy

3. Brazil

No, I am not from England (thank God)! :o

Yes we are relieved that you aren't as well.

You will be lucky to get past the group stages Abbamania.....

:D

1. Sweden

2. Italy

3. Brazil

No, I am not from England (thank God)! :D

Well, looking at your profile name "Svenivan" as well as your #1 to win the World Cup you must be Swedish.

Dream on man...dream on.

BTW: I'm not English nor Swedish nor Italian nor Brasilian... :o

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...

ENGLAND are NOT going just to make up the numbers.

We WILL BEAT Brazil in the Final... we will NEVER get another cance like this..we have the BEST squad we have ever had (well we may be a couple of forwards short....But but..we have a free scoring midfield to compensate for that)......come on E N G E R L A N D !!!!!

I'm not sure who is right as regards to whether or not there will be English commentary for the World Cup games but a European friend of mine who was born in Thailand and has lived here fora bout half his life thought that there wouldn't be English commentary and in any case I don't have a UBC box (I have the UBC channels piped in direct to my TV)

Therefore does anyone know if any of the bars in Bangkok will stay open for the late games? I know most bars are supposed to close at 1am but I would have thought it must be worth their while to open for the late England games even if they have to incur some off the book expenses!! :o

england no chance :o

knob

head :D:D

Case.. :D:D

redrus

... closed. :D

England it is!

....to exit at the first hurdle. :D

.....that was further than the Scots could manage......... :D

redrus

I just learned that the US has a squad at the world cup so I think they will win....................just a cynical comment as an American that doesnt know anything about "football" and just thinks if WE are playing we must be the best. Couldnt resist the urge to.......................make a joke!

Actually, as a resident of Thailand now I have learned to enjoy the sport. I do hope Rooney is fit. He is one tough and young player.

I just learned that the US has a squad at the world cup so I think they will win....................just a cynical comment as an American that doesnt know anything about "football" and just thinks if WE are playing we must be the best. Couldnt resist the urge to.......................make a joke!

Actually, as a resident of Thailand now I have learned to enjoy the sport. I do hope Rooney is fit. He is one tough and young player.

:o Good man SC..... :D

redrus