I'm curious ............

prk888

My pick of the year so far was the Russian cut in half in Jomtien. That will be very hard to beat.

People are fascinated by gore. Watching public executions was a pastime before the movie industry took over so we can now watch it (gore) from the comfort of our homes.

• Like 1

PRK888 's posting is the kind of question one would expect from "Data" on Star Trek.......maybe we have an android amongst us....smile.png

As for my "passing" (whenever that may occur)...... you may all have a good "banter" at my expense......but I will "pass" on the 4/5 day wake which happens here in Thailand.....if that's ok with you wink.png

• Like 1

It is human nature to learn and copy successful strategies from others - likewise since we started eating nuts, berries and mushrooms it has been the survivors, all our ancestors, that have observed those that made bad choices in eating the poisonous berries and deadly mushrooms and died.

So it is here, many that have died have done so by being in situations that provide a lesson for the those not yet dead.

If playing with fire it terms of volatile people/relationships do not be frail and live in a building on a high floor with opening windows - you might commit suicide.

If not used to handling high powered motorbikes - don't hire one on Pattaya Beach Road and go for a race around the town wearing T-shirt and shorts.

The need to comment cermets the survivors shared acknowledgement that we survivors will remember and learn from this death in an effort not to repeat or fall into the same set of circumstances. Don't eat those red berries you get sick!

It's what people in communities have done since we have been people.

Just because it happens on a forum is just the expansion of human reach with technology - when a death happens locally it is exactly the same just the conversation and speculation happens over the garden wall or when having a beer with friends.

Not being part of this shared human experience and needing to ask about it really does place a question mark about the OP and their ability to empathize with others.

There are a number of levels on the Asperger's scales that address the inability to relate to common social norms and discussing death in the context of community is one of them.

No insults implied in this post just observational from knowing the people in my experience that don't react, express thought or emotion when another dies.

Being non-Thai within Thailand we are part of a community and should acknowledge and mourn the lost of one of our own.

Many people will die today, for some it will be expected and is a normal passing - for others it is sudden, unexpected or violent - we mourn their loss.

Loss: The state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value.

(Some deal with that loss with humor it is the way of some nations/cultures.)

Good post except for

"we mourn their loss.

Loss: The state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value. "

When they pass I don't think they have a feeling of loss. Now if you are talking about the family and others who were close to them. Yes they would have a feeling of loss. They are the ones I feel for. Having lost one of my own children at the age of 18 I know what a loss it can be. I speak only for myself as I don't know the relationship the deceased had with those about them but I just take it for granted that there will be those who do miss them.

Edited by hellodolly

.....this is a forum....a community.....what is your point.......

....you should know by now that 'stranger than fiction' occurs umpteen times a day here in Thailand....

....and oftentimes.....we bear the brunt.....lies, cheating, slander, robbery, murder.....

....don't try to prove how superior you are....we are not interested.....this is survival.....if you are so much better...move on and let us be...

...I know many guys that have not gotten over the shock...and many never will.....of the utter betrayal they have suffered...

• Like 1

My pick of the year so far was the Russian cut in half in Jomtien. That will be very hard to beat.

People are fascinated by gore. Watching public executions was a pastime before the movie industry took over so we can now watch it (gore) from the comfort of our homes.

WOW that is heavy talking man..

PRK888 's posting is the kind of question one would expect from "Data" on Star Trek.......maybe we have an android amongst us....smile.png

As for my "passing" (whenever that may occur)...... you may all have a good "banter" at my expense......but I will "pass" on the 4/5 day wake which happens here in Thailand.....if that's ok with you wink.png

and your paying right..put me name down I don't know ya but missing you already.. sorry.gif

Okay, we don't Know You but if you croak,being a fellow member of this group, some may wish to say goodbye to you. We are just normal civilized folks.

and when I do "croak" do you think my thai wife will post it on here.. I think not..

"I'm curious as to why so many people feel they need to comment............"

Personally I dont give a XXXX what they do.

AND you have just made a comment ... YOU can explain please??

Certainly. I wasnt making comments about how people die, as mentioned in the original post, just giving my opinion of whether or not one should be concerned or curious about what other people have to say about such things. And as I mentioned, I am not.

Of course you are free to treat my comments in that same way, and I dont give a XXXX about that either.

WOW that is heavy talking man..

The OP is talking about death. That's a very "heavy topic" man..

Okay, we don't Know You but if you croak,being a fellow member of this group, some may wish to say goodbye to you. We are just normal civilized folks.

and when I do "croak" do you think my thai wife will post it on here.. I think not..

It doesn't matter because if it is newsworthy (that doesn't take much) it will be posted on here, pulled directly from the local newspaper. They may even post your passport ID page as they have with many deaths.

It is human nature to learn and copy successful strategies from others - likewise since we started eating nuts, berries and mushrooms it has been the survivors, all our ancestors, that have observed those that made bad choices in eating the poisonous berries and deadly mushrooms and died.

So it is here, many that have died have done so by being in situations that provide a lesson for the those not yet dead.

If playing with fire it terms of volatile people/relationships do not be frail and live in a building on a high floor with opening windows - you might commit suicide.

If not used to handling high powered motorbikes - don't hire one on Pattaya Beach Road and go for a race around the town wearing T-shirt and shorts.

The need to comment cermets the survivors shared acknowledgement that we survivors will remember and learn from this death in an effort not to repeat or fall into the same set of circumstances. Don't eat those red berries you get sick!

It's what people in communities have done since we have been people.

Just because it happens on a forum is just the expansion of human reach with technology - when a death happens locally it is exactly the same just the conversation and speculation happens over the garden wall or when having a beer with friends.

Not being part of this shared human experience and needing to ask about it really does place a question mark about the OP and their ability to empathize with others.

There are a number of levels on the Asperger's scales that address the inability to relate to common social norms and discussing death in the context of community is one of them.

No insults implied in this post just observational from knowing the people in my experience that don't react, express thought or emotion when another dies.

Being non-Thai within Thailand we are part of a community and should acknowledge and mourn the lost of one of our own.

Many people will die today, for some it will be expected and is a normal passing - for others it is sudden, unexpected or violent - we mourn their loss.

Loss: The state or feeling of grief when deprived of someone or something of value.

(Some deal with that loss with humor it is the way of some nations/cultures.)

"Being non-Thai within Thailand we are part of a community and should acknowledge and mourn the lost of one of our own."

I think that is the major factor.