Photographic proof of teaching at your school?

Greetings

Just checked the Thaivisa requirement page for a work permit, and I did not see the required photographic evidence of teaching at your school.

The Adminstration folks at the school have required this now, indicated it was for the immigration office. Actually no problem, just wondered if this was a new policy (nationally) or just with this particular school.

Is this a new policy? In the south above the lower three provinces, this appears a requirement.. Comments

Does anyone have an answer.

Cheers

Immigration has nothing to do with work permits so what you have been told is wrong or misunderstood. I suspect they may want for one year extensions of stay (which comes after you have a work permit).

<<Immigration has nothing to do with work permits>>......

considering that a receipt for WP application is needed for a non- B, and extension of stay is ripped if you leave your job, is that really so ?

Edited by lemonjelly

As many Thais as there are in the chain, then that is how many requirements and fees you will be required to pay.

The less Thais there are in the chain (and providing they are the correct Thais to speak with), the less requirements and fees you will be required to pay.

That is the "law" of the Thai.

If you follow Thai law, because you want to feel good about yourself, you will end up waiting in endless queues, paying endless fees, and be told endlessely to "... please wait. We are worling on it." whilst still working illegally as a teacher...

...and guess what? They'll let you do just that.

You do the math.

Immigration has nothing to do with work permits so what you have been told is wrong or misunderstood. I suspect they may want for one year extensions of stay (which comes after you have a work permit).

considering that a receipt for WP application is needed for a non- B, and extension of stay is ripped if you leave your job, is that really so ?

It's the labor office that issues work permits, not the immigration. And a receipt for a work permit application won;t be enough to get a one year visa. Normally you go and apply for the non-b visa with all the documents from your school and whatnot and with that you go to an embassy outside of Thailand and they will give you 3 months. Then you go to the labor office to apply for your work permit and once you got that you go to the immigration and they will give you a one year visa.

It's the labor office that issues work permits, not the immigration. And a receipt for a work permit application won;t be enough to get a one year visa. Normally you go and apply for the non-b visa with all the documents from your school and whatnot and with that you go to an embassy outside of Thailand and they will give you 3 months. Then you go to the labor office to apply for your work permit and once you got that you go to the immigration and they will give you a one year visa.

Actually, that will be the labour office as it is the Ministry of Labour wink.png

you've compltely missed the point i was trying to make as well as misinterperating what i said (if the two are mutually possible).....

Slight correction. Immigration will give a one year extension of your permission to stay, not Visa.

Hi,

Yes a photo of you teaching / working is required . < if they want >

I had my working non -b visa for 7 years and only recently they want my picture in office.

They change some rules and now I cannot get 1 year non-b visa . I get an immigration

Stamp which says "non-imm" from the immigration dept.

I have 7 expired non -b visa from the Thai embassy and latest non-imm ink stamp on my passport allowing me to stay for 1 year in Thailand .

Hi,

Yes a photo of you teaching / working is required . < if they want >

I had my working non -b visa for 7 years and only recently they want my picture in office.

They change some rules and now I cannot get 1 year non-b visa . I get an immigration

Stamp which says "non-imm" from the immigration dept.

I have 7 expired non -b visa from the Thai embassy and latest non-imm ink stamp on my passport allowing me to stay for 1 year in Thailand .

Sounds very odd.

Is this another case of confusing a "visa" with an Extension of Stay ?

Thanks for the insights... another teacher came to my office and asked me about this photo business...he is the third teachers, to have this required, and he does not teach English...

Yes do understand the way of the Thai gov worker....always respectful and do comply, go in to the immigration and work permit office for all official document transactions with a School representative who is a buddy of the office staff... and is a brother, sister, cousin, some distant relative of the stampers..

Just thought this was odd.

Cheers clap2.gif