True Internet Home Wi-fI. Downloading Limits

mca

I've been staying in my friend's condo in Bangkok all week and he's got a True Wi-Fi plug and play promotion through the condo for about 600 baht a month. I download a lot of torrents and his speeds were pretty good so I've been downloading a lot of stuff. As I'm a computer and internet idiot are there any limits to the amount I can download through my laptop on True? If so I think I'll end up paying for his mega bill or do these data allowances I read about not apply?

Apologies if this is a dumb question but technology and me aren't the best of friends.

I reviewed the terms and conditions on the truewifi page, and although I could find a monthly plan as you describe - they have one for 300 baht - there are no terms re: fair-use. They do have some terms re: a maximum 3 hour connection after which time you need to re-connect, the number of emails/attachments, etc., but nothing about volume. And nothing about additional charges or fees, but I'd really have to see the exact terms and conditions for the plan your mate has to be certain. I guess I wouldn't worry about it; if it's a problem maybe your mate can deal with it?

I reviewed the terms and conditions on the truewifi page, and although I could find a monthly plan as you describe - they have one for 300 baht - there are no terms re: fair-use. They do have some terms re: a maximum 3 hour connection after which time you need to re-connect, the number of emails/attachments, etc., but nothing about volume. And nothing about additional charges or fees, but I'd really have to see the exact terms and conditions for the plan your mate has to be certain. I guess I wouldn't worry about it; if it's a problem maybe your mate can deal with it?

Cheers for that lomatopo.

I was just concerned that my mates next bill to drop through his letterbox would run into the 10000000s of baht!

Not too long ago they had something like a 1.2GB download limit per hour. [at least with the 10MB speed plan]

Guess if you went over that within the hour you would be shaped to a lower speed.

Read that in their disclaimer and moved on.

Things may have changed now ???

• Like 1