Bank money for marriage visa

This is wrong too you can use a combine income of money in the bank and a income. to make the 400.000..... A person married to a Thai must show 400,000 this can be money in the bank and also income yours or your wifes . You can use both to reach your 400 000 goal . For a retirement visa it is 800,000 that can be combined from income and savings . I you have no savings and an income of 65,000 baht per month that will sufffice even though it doesnt add up to the 800,000......

I really wish people would read the laws and requirements before posting things that get everyones but puckered ........

Totally wrong information.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Dear PS,

My income is from Malaysia and deposited into Mlaysia UIOB account, can that be used?

Also where do need to apply for this visa, first do i need to make a multiple non O visa in kuala lumpur and after go to Cheang wattana to make my 1 year visa?

Thank you,

NFS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you mean UOB bank? If money is in a branch here the answer is yes but it would need to be in a baht account.

If you have income that is equal to 40k baht you could use that for extension if you can get a letter from your embassy as proof.

Edited by ubonjoe

Do you mean UOB bank? If money is in a branch here the answer is yes but it would need to be in a baht account. If you have income that is equal to 40k baht you could use that for extension if you can get a letter from your embassy as proof.

Thank you,

My income is in Malasia Ringgit on a Malasian account.

So i need to ask my embassy to confirm my income and translate this document in Thai?

NFS

Yes that would be the best way to do it. Income letter can be in English or Thai.

Thanks a lot for you reply.

So the way to go is

-letter from Embassy-married certificate-children certificate (i am the father)- 2 PICTURES-

Go to Thai embassy in foreign country and make a multiple entry O visa and after go to Cheang Wattana to make this Married Visa, or do they make this

1 year visa at the foreign embassy.

Sorry for all this questions.

Thanks

NFS

You would only need a single entry non-o visa and then apply for extension of stay (not a visa) during the last 30 days of your day entry.

If not living in Bangkok you go to your local immigration office.

A visa would require leaving every 90 days.

Marriage certificate, wife's ID and house book and up to date Kor Ror 2 marriage registry. Photos in and around house depends upon the immigration office you use.

You would only need a single entry non-o visa and then apply for extension of stay (not a visa) during the last 30 days of your day entry.

Marriage certificate, wife's ID and house book and up to date Kor Ror 2 marriage registry. Photos in and around house depends upon the immigration office you use.

Ok,

I am working offshore on a 4 weeks on 4 weeks off scedule.

Make a non o visa in a foreign country and after make my mariege visa in Thailand is that correct.

Thanks

Ok,

Make a non o visa in a foreign country and after make my mariege visa in Thailand is that correct.

Thanks

Yes a non-o first. Then an extension of stay based upon marriage not a marriage visa.

You can do it with a 4 and 4 schedule but have to time every thing just right.

Ok,

Thanks

Yes a non-o first. Then an extension of stay based upon marriage not a marriage visa.

To keep this visa i need to have a multiple entry visa, correct?

Ironically, my local Immigration in Krabi would not accept a joint bank account ( SCB ,in our married names) as valid for a visa extension based on marriage !

Then again , they're loathe to do the paperwork involved and will find every reason to steer you to the "easy option" Retirement extension....so I don't know if they are correct or not ?

Ironically, my local Immigration in Krabi would not accept a joint bank account ( SCB ,in our married names) as valid for a visa extension based on marriage !

Then again , they're loathe to do the paperwork involved and will find every reason to steer you to the "easy option" Retirement extension....so I don't know if they are correct or not ?

A joint account is not accpeted anywhere. It must be an account in your name only, as the money must be yours only.

Ok,

Thanks

To keep this visa i need to have a multiple entry visa, correct?
No You get a multiple re-entry permit when you get your extension.

You would need one for the single entry visa also to keep the 90 day entry valid.

needforspeed

"To keep this visa i need to have a multiple entry visa, correct?"

An "extension of stay" is not a Visa !

There are no "multiple entry" extensions of stay !

If whilst holding an extension of stay you need to leave Thailand a re-entry permit is needed. The permit can be purchased from immigration in single or multiple form .

needforspeed

"To keep this visa i need to have a multiple entry visa, correct?"

An "extension of stay" is not a Visa !

There are no "multiple entry" extensions of stay !

If whilst holding an extension of stay you need to leave Thailand a re-entry permit is needed. The permit can be purchased from immigration in single or multiple form .

Thank you

You will only need to have the 400k in your bank for 2 months prior to renewing your extension, so you can use the money for the rest of the 10 months.

Is this the case if you apply for a visa overseas?

The RTE Website doesn't mention a sum.

For the purpose of accompanying spouse/family members, documents required are;

1. Copy of marriage certificate

2. Certified Copy of spouse’s ID card (in Thai)

3. Copy of house registration book (in Thailand)

4. Copy of bank statement (in Thailand)

5. Other relevant document, for example, copy of child’s birth certificate / ID card

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

Graham

Here read this link if

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html

The same pertains to a marrage extention you can use your income along with savings and even your thai spouses income to meet the 400.000 baht

This is bogus and misleading information.

An extension of stay based on marriage requires 400000 in the bank or an income of 40000/month

The money must be in the name of the applicant only.

Spouse income is NOT taken into account.

Edited by Sceptict11

As said information is post above is false. Thai wife extensions of stay have nothing to do with long stay visas and require either 400k in bank account two months or 40k income and the savings or income can only be of the foreign male.

Everyone needs to take notice: As of August 31st, marriage visa holders need to show 800,000 baht, the same as retirement and or 65,000 per month deposits in your bank statements for 3 months prior to application, so you can use the money but have to make monthly deposits of 65,000 each month at least 3 months prior to reapplication, this came from Immigration main office in Bangkok and has been instituted throughout Thailand. I dont know the link but just to make sure I would check the Thai govern

ment immigration website

There has been no change you are just spreading a baseless rumor.

There are things that have changed for getting visas in the UK that is all there is.

Or not, depending which consulate you use ( note date) no proof of income required

You will only need to have the 400k in your bank for 2 months prior to renewing your extension, so you can use the money for the rest of the 10 months.

Is this the case if you apply for a visa overseas?

The RTE Website doesn't mention a sum.

For the purpose of accompanying spouse/family members, documents required are;

1. Copy of marriage certificate

2. Certified Copy of spouse’s ID card (in Thai)

3. Copy of house registration book (in Thailand)

4. Copy of bank statement (in Thailand)

5. Other relevant document, for example, copy of child’s birth certificate / ID card

Graham

How do you get an ID certified please?

Graham

As said information is post above is false. Thai wife extensions of stay have nothing to do with long stay visas and require either 400k in bank account two months or 40k income and the savings or income can only be of the foreign male.

I think the 800 000 comes from here:

For the purpose of long-stay retirement (an eligible person must be over 50 years of age), documents required are;

1. Curriculum Vitae

2. Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate certifying the monthly income of at least 65,000 Baht

or Official letter from the Bank in Thailand certifying a valid account of at least 800,000 Baht, and is being held

not less than 3 months

3. Recent Police clearance or equivalent reference of no criminal conviction

4. Medical certificate

This is for retirement and not marriage visa.

Graham