Skull of a foreigner found in a Chiang Mai forest

webfact

Skull Of A Foreigner Found In A Chiang Mai Forest

n27.jpg
Bone remains of a man was found in the Doi Suthep-Pui National Park. Police are investigating the origins of the skeleton.

CHIANG MAI – September 20,2013 [PDN]; Phuping Police were informed that bone remains of a man was found in the Doi Suthep-Pui National Park. It was reported that a skull and several other bones were found in the National Park.

Investigators stated that Chiang Mai Police had received that a certain Mr. Mark, aged 59, an American tourist, had written a death letter saying that he was going to spend his rest of life living in the National Park. As soon as receiving the letter, a search was despatched, but no one was able to find Mr. Mark.

It is believed that the bone remains belong to Mr. Mark and that it was not a crime, but rather an accident or a suicide, as no traces of a fight were found.

Nevertheless, the bone remains will now be sent to a hospital in Chiang Mai for a DNA testing, in order to confirm whether the bones do or do not belong to Mr. Mark.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/09/21/skull-of-a-foreigner-found-in-a-chiang-mai-forest/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-09-21

as usual not enough information in the post to even assume it is mr. Mark's remains

they found

details as from when is the ketter ?

how old are the bones

but i'll leave it to the TV sherlocks to fit the puzzel together

as usual not enough information in the post to even assume it is mr. Mark's remains

they found

how old are the bones

Yup, by the end of the day they will probably be saying that his wife wrote the letter and killed him.

• Like 1

they found

how old are the bones

Yup, by the end of the day they will probably be saying that his wife wrote the letter and killed him.

fall of the balcony ? ate the wrong mushrooms / berry's who knows

i guess it will take some time for a body to decompose that only bone remain

so al the time the police and rescue were searching ??

or could it be .... Jimmy Hoffa ??

Edited by retell
  • Like 1

I suppose the reason behind no traces of a fight were found is simply because they found bones and his skull which means he died a little while ago. So if there was any fight, the traces are long gone.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

How does it take a body to decompose to just bone remains. They certainly didn't act fast on that letter. Probably chucked it in the in-tray for a couple of years. And then sauntered out to find "Mr Mark".

I tell you, you just couldn't make this stuff up.

Quite easy really. First as in any case involving bones and without further investigation can conclude that the bones are western by the direction heading west.

Further based on the undated note and unverified signature we can conclude without a doubt that, that the human remains are in fact human.

We will still go ahead and have the remains tested at a hospital to verify our findings.

Case pending outcome.

they found

how old are the bones

fall of the balcony ? ate the wrong mushrooms / berry's who knows

i guess it will take some time for a body to decompose that only bone remain

so al the time the police and rescue were searching ??

or could it be .... Jimmy Hoffa ??

Lots of snakes out there.

• Like 2

they found

how old are the bones

Ditto. I admire the TV detectives for their ability to solve crimes via the Internet. I missed that part of my training at the Academy. ;)
  • Like 1

they found

how old are the bones

Ditto. I admire the TV detectives for their ability to solve crimes via the Internet. I missed that part of my training at the Academy. wink.png

in my time internet was a plan for a european railway system ,, never got there thou

Some old Thai and Burmese I spoke with said that long ago, back in the "good ol' days", many many westerners OD'd in North Thailand and across the border, they got hooked on the dope and ended up having too much one time, perhaps got too strong a batch, or maybe mixed it with a bunch of whiskey and konked out. That's what came to mind when reading this, but of course could've been a snake...or maybe gored by a wild buffalo?

Some old Thai and Burmese I spoke with said that long ago, back in the "good ol' days", many many westerners OD'd in North Thailand and across the border, they got hooked on the dope and ended up having too much one time, perhaps got too strong a batch, or maybe mixed it with a bunch of whiskey and konked out. That's what came to mind when reading this, but of course could've been a snake...or maybe gored by a wild buffalo?

Or killed and his body dumped, that is what came to mind when I read this

How does it take a body to decompose to just bone remains. They certainly didn't act fast on that letter. Probably chucked it in the in-tray for a couple of years. And then sauntered out to find "Mr Mark".

I tell you, you just couldn't make this stuff up.

With insect activity it could be bones in just weeks - not years. Skull is also heavy and awkward, other bones can be carried off easier by animals (even quite small ones). See how long it takes road kill to desiccate to nothing here - a dead bird at the side of the road where I walk most days went from whole to just bones and feathers in 2 days - ants!

Or killed and his body dumped, that is what came to mind when I read this

Nah wouldn't dump his body in the National Forest - costs an extra 200baht for the farang ticket!

• Like 1

Do you think the advertsing is a bit insensitive on this thread?

our replies interspersed with adverts for:

jungle hiking thailand!

proteins and supplements!

thailand health insurance!

if only Mr Mark had read the thread first....maybe, just maybe things would be different.

• Like 2