Beer

pomchop

So what's the deal with stores not having the usual supplies of beers? Big C is down to practically nothing on offer...only a few bottles of this and that and none of the usual cases of chang, leo, sing, etc....even the 7/11s yesterday were either totally out of all beer or had a few bottles or cans of off brands.

I know there is some price adjustment about to happen but not sure what that has to do with the stores being essentially out of beer.

Anybody know what the shortage is all about?

They're letting the old stock run down to zero before replenishing at the new price.

Not a bad thing for me as I enjoy the occasional can of Cheers Xtra to break the monotony of lager style beers , still at 72 baht for a twin pack at 7-11. Luckily very few people drink that stuff in my town.

There are a few threads running about the shortage in other areas. The government increase the tax and many are saying that they the stores have to exhaust their supplies before replenishing. In Phayao the local wholesaler where I buy my beer have increased their price. A box of Leo has risen from 500 to 552 Baht.