Tourist Visa Question

I am from the UK and have been to Thailand on entry stamps before but not had a tourist visa, I would like to stay for 12 weeks of holidays and will be getting a single entry tourist visa which gives 60 days and can be extended for another 30 days which would cover me for the 12 weeks.

On the visa application form is it ok to put length of stay as 12 weeks? or will it be refused? I want to stay within the law/rules for visas, wont they know anyway by looking at my airline ticket if i book a flight thats 12 weeks?

Thanks for the replies, but i still feel worried because of the 60 days that the visa allows...but can be extended at the discretion of the immigration officer part

There would have to be a VERY good reason(s) for an immigration officer to refuse a 30 day extension to a tourist visa .

Stop worrying and accept that such extensions are routine.

• Like 1

It is good you worrie about this, Mrmoo71.

Just apply for the double entry tourist visa. You just have to exit/enter Thailand after 60 days.

I just checked the consulate-general website in amsterdam and they say you can apply for a triple entry as well(to meet your 12 weeks a double visa will suffice). But you have to proof to them you will enter/exit Thailand twice..

Edited by Dancealot

Just apply for the double entry tourist visa. You just have to exit/enter Thailand after 60 days.

I just checked the consulate-general website in amsterdam and they say you can apply for a triple entry as well(to meet your 12 weeks a double visa will suffice). But you have to proof to them you will enter/exit Thailand twice..

I was thinking the single entry tourist visa would cover me for my length of stay?

Nonsense !

The OP does not require or need a double entry tourist visa!

The OP set out his needs very clearly and he has received good advice smile.png

Edited by Sceptict11
  • Like 2

I was thinking the single entry tourist visa would cover me for my length of stay?

If I wanted to stay for 12 weeks = 84 days I would be assuring myself of a double entry visa. Just to be on the safe side. Just some advice, good luck with your application.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dancealot

A single entry tourist visa provides for a 60 day stay. A 30 day extension provides for a stay up to 90 days !

If the OP requires more than 90 days then an additional tourist visa can be easily obtained from a nearby country.

Why spend money on a visa which may not be used ?

• Like 2

I don't know about the Amsterdam consulate in particular, but information concerning visa options posted on their websites can sometimes be confusing and conflicting and muddle tourist visa options & doc reqts with other non-imm visa types. I agree with those who say you've rcvd good advice here. Don't overthink it. Just put 60d for Length of Stay and don't ask for multi-entry if you don't think you'll need it; 'just a waste of money. I believe the form asks for your arriving flight no. & date, but does not require you to include a copy of the airline confirmation (again, for a TOURIST visa). There's a window toward the end of your first 60d when you must go to an immigration office & apply for your additional 30d ( and pay a fee - B1900 I believe); it's not something I believe you can do at the airport when you arrive.

If you have a tourist visa in your passport, the airline should be satisfied with your 12-wk return ticket, if they even ask about it at all.