Changing money in hua hin

pottsforrags

Expect lots and lots of rain....

Don't scare him/her. There is lots of rain at the moment as we are in the middle of the rainy season, however that rainy season usually ends about the time you are scheduled to arrive in late October.

I agree with johnnyk's comment about changing money. The bank rates are pretty much the same all over Thailand so unless you are spending a few days in Bangkok first, just change enough at the airport (banks there give the same rate too in my experience) to get you through a couple of days and the do it every two or three days during travel within the country. The only place I know where you usually get a better rate is an exchange service called "Super Rich" in Bangkok. The difference is not worth the trouble to look for it imo unless you are exchanging a very large amount.

• Like 2

Change some on arrival at the airport for immediate needs. Change the rest in HH as needed. Don't walk around with wads of cash or leave it in your room/apt/house.

Expect some rain.

For heaven's sake be very ware of changing cash in Hua Hin. And on no account try to change any UK fifty pound notes there - there has been a scam running where they 'discover' a fake note (they have one or two in stock) and they will call Tourist police by pre-arrangement - then on to the city police - Cost one couple near on a million baht. As a rule its best never to deal in foreign currency notes in Thailand - I have even been given forged US dollars by a Thai bank!

If want to change money you best bet is the Rich in Bkk. We travel the world and their exchange rates are always the best. In all the years never got a fake note from them or any problems. If you want to change money in HH do it at a bank and not street money changers. If you do try to change fake notes expect to be treated like elsewhere in the world, many foreigners have run counterfeit money operations in Thailand (including Brits) before and any big amounts that you exchange will raise red flags. Enjoy your stay in our town rain or no rain.

• Like 1

Oct is the wettest month of the year, I have lived in Hua Hin 5 years and have found upon returning from trips to UK and USA best exchage rates have allways been at the airport , just my experiance however on no account use ATMS to withdraw funds from UK as you will be raped. Good luck enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

Street money changers in HH? I've never seen any. There are licensed money changers in Thailand who do very good business without jeopardizing themselves by cheating people out of what is peanuts to them.

Bringing 50-pound notes is silly. Why? God invented Traveler's Cheques eons ago.

And there are banks or bank kiosks everywhere, it's not Zaire.

• Like 2

Street money changers in HH? I've never seen any. There are licensed money changers in Thailand who do very good business without jeopardizing themselves by cheating people out of what is peanuts to them.

Bringing 50-pound notes is silly. Why? God invented Traveler's Cheques eons ago.

And there are banks or bank kiosks everywhere, it's not Zaire.

Travelers checks? What year is it? 1983?

Yes last time I was in pattaya I ended up getting my card cloned that's why I am bringing cash this time not that I will be going to pattaya ever again I HOPE , just want to relax for a couple of weeks in hua hin then I'm off to phetchabun for three weeks to visit my girlfriends family last time I was there had a great time booked to stay in pattaya for two weeks and only stayed three days then went back to phetchabun spent a lot less and was with great people realy enjoyed it .