Family hotel ?

cornishcarlos

Hi all in the North..

I have some friends visiting Thailand at Xmas and they will spend a few days in CM and surrounds.

They have asked for a recommendation for hotels to book in CM.

I have only ever stayed with my wife in small local places so do not know any good family hotels.

They would like to be close to the city, with a swimming pool and preferably option to have 1 larger family room and another double room. Self catering would be ok too if there is a pool.

Oh, they are mid budget travelers.. Nothing too high end please, in the region of 1000-1500 a night if possible ?

Many thanks

I have not stayed here in Chiang Mai with a family but here are two ideas:

1-Check out Sakulchai Place Hotel. It's on a small road just off of Huay Kaew Rd. Right about here. It's not expensive at all and has good reviews. I stayed there one night in a standard room. I don't believe that they have any special or very large family rooms but at their prices your friends could get two or even three deluxe rooms. I would recommend the deluxe rooms anyway. They do have a pool that is new. They just finished it this year. It's not large but should be good for kids to play in.

2-I have also stayed in the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew Hotel. It's old but the Deluxe rooms in the Suthep Wing are large and still liveable. Do not get the standard rooms in the older Huay Kaew wing. It's part of the Kad Suan Kaew shopping center so it's convenient. They have a large 50m pool.