Astrologers warn of impending 'disaster' for Thai govt

webfact

Astrologers Warn Of Impending 'Disaster' For Govt

By Khaosod Online

BANGKOK: -- A number of astrologers have predicted that the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is about to face an unspecified disaster next month, according to their forecasts.

The rumour has been circulating that a "major political upheaval" was scheduled to take place on October 8, which would presumably lead to the collapse of Ms. Yingluck′s government.

A deeply superstitious society, Thailand is swamped with astrological predictions. Senior politicians are known to consult their personal astrologers, and these ′experts′ are frequently quoted by mainstream media.

Any strange event is often interpreted as an omen. For instance, when a patch of mushroom grew at the lawn in front of the Government House in Bangkok on the eve of major anti-government protests earlier this year, rumours suggested that the government was about to fall.

The latest "October 8" rumour is partly reinforced by Thai political history; October is the month associated with important political upheavals in the past, namely the October 14 Student Uprising in 1973 and the subsequent massacre of student activists at Thammasat University on 6 October 1976.

Speaking to Khaosod, Mr. Attavijoj Sritula, an astrologer, said such history is the proof that intertwining paths of different zodiacs in October is the cause of political unrest for Thailand.

"The sun, which belongs to Mesha (Aries), will greatly empower Tula (Libre)," Mr. Attaviroj explained, "Astrological principles hold that [such alignment] portends to a broken fortune, which means it is a bad fortune".

He said he is confident "major upheaval" is on the way in October, but he refused to specify what that change might be. "It could be anything: natural disasters, accidents, tragedies, political conflicts," Mr. Attaviroj said.

The astrologer predicted that Thailand will be "greatly damaged" by the disasters between the month of September and November, and the calamity will only subside after December.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09Ua3lOalkyTlE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-09-23

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impending Disaster for Thai Government.

Wow. I bet it took some real careful observation of the planets to figure that one out. Thailand might be worse than many, with the political, flooding situations and the history of coups, but you can pretty much predict disaster in the coming months for every country on earth and turn out to be right - for some definition of right at least.

Now, who could have seen it coming? Seriously, given strong economy, perfectly stable political situation, uber-efficient system of dealing with natural disasters and all the other positive things, why, oh why, should there be any threat to the current government?

You forgot:

- Democracy is well established and he pillars of democracy well respected by all, and the gov't of the day often promoting solid respect for the pillars of democracy.

- Overall respect for the rule of law is strong and the gov't goes out of it's way to promote ethics and equal justice.

- The gov't is making strong gains on corruption and is seen as a good role model.

• Like 2

Don't fret compadres we all know the world ended 12/12/12 and this is just another day in paradise.

Printing such tripe just continues the appetite for superstition,impotence and disempowerment.

My pen lie

-------------

In a nation where transport operates on a wing and a prayer means critical thinking is eschewed and the ignorant are sppon fed lotteries ,amulets,Cambodian Black Magic etc as explanations for why they miturated upon by the selfish.

Sure western world has a horscope column the new age crystal charlatans tarot readers etc,but Amtrak don't publically consult a shaman and Dave Cameron only resorts to top quality advisors old Etonians and aristocrats who look at cold hard cash.

Edited by RubbaJohnny

I love how "vague" all these predictions are lol clap2.gifcheesy.gif

"It could be anything: natural disasters, accidents, tragedies, political conflicts,"

I'm going to try my hand at it . . . according to the "signs" (that I'm making up), there will be some kind of problem, somewhere, at some time, maybe . . . or I could just be talking out of my ass and making things up.

It's just like a BIB press conference about a major crime " the motive may be...or...or...possibly a business dispute...personal conflict etc.

The soothsayers have trotted out almost every eventuality as one of them might be right.

I do take issue with the idea of an impending disaster as they are a bit late with that as she's been in office for 19 months already.

• Like 2

Thailand will be "greatly damaged" by the disasters between the month of September and Novembe

Better go buy that inflatable dingy people

and cans of baked beans!

i went looking for an inflatable doll but they said due to unprecedented demand they were all out of stock: no have. must be an ominous sign from the Buddha .

guest i'll have to make do with banana stem boats like everyone else.

Edited by foot long

Thailand will be "greatly damaged" by the disasters between the month of September and Novembe

Better go buy that inflatable dingy people

and cans of baked beans!

i went looking for an inflatable doll but they said due to unprecedented demand they were all out of stock: no have. must be an ominous sign from the Buddha .

guest i'll have to make do with banana stem boats like everyone else.

That might be classed as a floatation device. Try the safety shops......

Indeed here we see in all its glory the mindset of the average Thai. They laugh when watching people from other nations are seen to be going through their sacred superstitious rituals yet the Thais, are a darn sight more primitive than any other nation. we have seen in the past leading politicians gathering in sacred spots to invoke the spirits and bring disaster to their presumed enemies.

No wonder this country is a laughing stock to the greater majority of the worlds other nations.

However the rumour factor could indeed prove to have interesting repercussions, we shall have to wait and see won't we.

• Like 1