Astrologers warn of impending 'disaster' for Thai govt

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Impending Disaster' for Yingluck simply means Burberry fail to deliver her latest choice of boots on time. I'm sure the woman would be happy if the Government collapsed and then she could get back to being a rich nobody instead of having to be a rich somebody that she never wanted to be !

'Impending Disaster' for Yingluck simply means Burberry fail to deliver her latest choice of boots on time. I'm sure the woman would be happy if the Government collapsed and then she could get back to being a rich nobody instead of having to be a rich somebody that she never wanted to be !

agreed, you never know what you've got till its gone.

Thailand. The Haiti of Asia.

The 23rd Quatrane from the Prophecies of Nostradamus states that "Rain and turmoil shall not cease in Siam. The years of the great floods shall witness great conflict. Rulers from the sands of Arabia shall fall and peace and prosperity will return."

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nostradamis was just born too early and in the wrong country....he would have been a superstar psychic in today's Thailand...he could have got rich off his own Thai TV show and call number. Yeap Somchai-damis could have made it BIG in Thailand.

Indeed here we see in all its glory the mindset of the average Thai. They laugh when watching people from other nations are seen to be going through their sacred superstitious rituals yet the Thais, are a darn sight more primitive than any other nation. we have seen in the past leading politicians gathering in sacred spots to invoke the spirits and bring disaster to their presumed enemies.

No wonder this country is a laughing stock to the greater majority of the worlds other nations.

However the rumour factor could indeed prove to have interesting repercussions, we shall have to wait and see won't we.

That is a common belief held by many who never travel out side there back yard South East Asia is superstitious. The following is a true story except I might be off on the year.

In 1971 The leader in Burma was having a disastrous time with the economy. He had no idea on how to handle it. so he called in an astrologer who was as clueless as him. He drew up his charts studied them and said move to the right.

Ever since then the traffic uses the right side of the road. and

now you know the rest of the story

• Like 1

Blind Freddy could predict the current government is heading for disaster.

Between the rice farmers, the rubber growers and this insanity of wanting to borrow 2 tn baht for things that are not needed. ( High speed trains ) and all this air travel.

You dont need to hire a plane, just book the first class section, or in yinglucks case the last row in the cattle class section

If you want to do some good hire people who can deal with flooding not just talk and look at it

I love how "vague" all these predictions are lol clap2.gifcheesy.gif

"It could be anything: natural disasters, accidents, tragedies, political conflicts,"

I'm going to try my hand at it . . . according to the "signs" (that I'm making up), there will be some kind of problem, somewhere, at some time, maybe . . . or I could just be talking out of my ass and making things up.

Yep,

If there is a plane involved it will have colours in the logo.

"It could be anything: natural disasters, accidents, tragedies, political conflicts,"

I'm going to try my hand at it . . . according to the "signs" (that I'm making up), there will be some kind of problem, somewhere, at some time, maybe . . . or I could just be talking out of my ass and making things up.

Yep,

Not for long

I was about to write a comment of ridicule, but figured that it would be a waste of time and also not help anyone who takes the TV forum seriously. It is good and - in my opinion - necessary to throw in a joke from time to time to take the boredom out of a forum, but for this posting, I would like to give something great I have learned recently to all of you. What you make of it is up to you in the end.

Out of the hundreds, if not thousands of books I bought in my life, one that I recently acquired stands out like a lighthouse in a stormy night: It is "The art of thinking clearly" by Rolf Dobelli. This book is a plethora of wisdom for the ones who are willing to get their way of thinking under control in these difficult times, where lies, wishful thinking and deception make up for a good 90% of actions of governments, media and most of the religious establishments of the world. Some may say, "Well that has been going on for thousands of years already.", and I could not agree more; but in recent years, these lies and deceptions are not even kept a secret anymore but are punched right into our faces on an hourly basis and still, most couldn't care less, what is sad to see. It appears that most people have surrendered, and even though they see that something is very wrong, they fall back into the "Well, we can't do anything about it, anyway." excuse - very easy, very comfy. If then something goes wrong, blame the government or, perhaps, the stars...

In the book I am referring to, at page 40, one can find the topic "False Prophets". I woud like to quote some of the information here without judging and without making any assumptions:

Philip Tetlock evaluated 28,361 predictions over a period of 10 years, made by 284 self-appointed professionals. The result: in terms of accuracy, the experts fared only marginally better than a random forecast generator. Ironically, the media darlings were amonng the poorest performers; and of those the worst were the prophets of doom and disintegration.

further...

There are two kinds of forecasters: those who don't know, and those who don't know they don't know.

and - to sum it all up...

The problem is that experts enjoy free rein with few negative consequences. If they strike lucky, they enjoy publicity, consultancy offers and publication deals. If they are completely off the mark, they face no penalties - either in terms of financial compensation or in loss of reputation.

I just love this book!!!!

Edited by catweazle

Yep,

Not for long

Just had a dream during my lunch time nap and the colours were just starting to appear, when, suddenly, they all went black. What can it mean ?