where oh where to find a bean-bag chair?

sarab00n

I have seen them in various homes and playgroups in Chiang mai so I know they exist here! Index has them but only these stiff hard leather ones. I just want a normal beanbag with a cloth cover and it has turned into a mythical quest... anyone know where? (Tesco, Big C, Global house, and Home Pro dont have them!)

I don't get it - lately it seems like everything we set out to buy thinking it will be easy to find in chiang mai turns into this huge mission, running around from superstore to street stores to outlet stores in the middle of nowhere, asking shop assistants in both english or my thai husband explaining in thai, only to get a blank stare, slow head shake, "don't have" as if they have no idea what we are talking about?

I was also going to say Index, those red ones. If it's an absolute must, I would just buy a random laundry bag, or summat (or get someone to sew one up), and bung some beans or fluff in from behind Warorot market... or summat.

• Like 1

Try Baan Tawai , 083-946-0543 , 053-023-655, 084-615-0278 Khun Aor . Call for directions once you get to Tawai. I bought about 6 there last year. She will make with any material you want. Fill with as much or little fill material as you want . Get extra fill in case you want to add later.

• Like 1

Go to a tailor and have one made, very simple to do if you show them a picture and let them fill it with foam balls.

Yes and they can make a bag that goes inside to hold the balls, a lot easier to wash if the balls are in a separate bag.

So that would make it a ballbag ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I was going to make one a while back, but after going all the way around Warrorot market I could only come up with one place who had the beans, and they were small bags and quite expensive - I think I worked out that I would need 6 bags and it would be close to or just over 2,000, and therefore cheaper to buy one. I had a picture so everyone I asked knew what I meant. If anyone knows where I can buy them in bulk I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks everyone!!! great suggestions :)

Index did have them but only leather ones that were pretty uncomfortable. They must replace old stock often as i checked the label of one of the comfy ones at the playgroup and it was from index but they only had leather ones. ill check out the index living as sometimes different stores have different stock. they might be with kids furniture or something. i will also check out the ikea site - maybe they call it something different. we got a lot of strange looks from shop assistants like they had no idea what we were talking about.

Thanks again all!

Try Baan Tawai , 083-946-0543 , 053-023-655, 084-615-0278 Khun Aor . Call for directions once you get to Tawai. I bought about 6 there last year. She will make with any material you want. Fill with as much or little fill material as you want . Get extra fill in case you want to add later.

This sounds promising - the leather ones in index were about 1000-1600 baht, how much does she charge?

That explains why I've seen index ones around that aren't leather! they were just really stiff and not 'cushy.' they might be better if some of the beans were taken out. i will ask if they will change the stock soon, as i had my heart set on getting one this week or next week.