"Gormet Deli" foods in Pattaya

toenail

At a couple "expat" grocery stores, such as Best Food grocery, there are a variety of frozen plastic containers (frozen foods) that have a variety of cuisine such as chicken masala, chili con carne, and other selections. The strange thing is that there is NO addresss of the company that makes these frozen food items and NO expiration date. I've tasted the Chili Con Carne and it is quite tasty... just bothers me that if the company cannot put its address. phone number or expiration date on the package. Wouldn't there be some kind of law in Thailand where this would have to exist on the package? The local ma and pa company's name seems to be "Gormet Deli".

Surely a major factor is where the product is made and an expiration date.

Are the ingredients given ?

Without the above info, how can the seller be expected to sell ?

Doesn't seem to be much of a concern here. I've noticed quite a few similar things in the (supposedly) better supermarkets lately. Complain to the Consumer Affairs bureau. They'll track these people down. Put them out of business. :)

I think this is the same place that has a factory on Jomtien 2nd road across from Romphoe Market near Soi 5. I wandered in there one day and they were making a batch. They had a price list of items for sale at the factory at a good discount to the in store price and apparently sold at those prices to the general public. So if that's them, that's where they are. You can visit! Cheers.

• Like 2

Same same sandwiches, pies, snacks and a host of other 'ready to eat' food that is sold in shops and even on the streets.

Sure, there are food regulations on the statute books, but like so many laws and regs in Thailand, scant attention is given to them by those in power.

It's all part of the 'trade off' you make when you decide to come and live in a place like Pattaya - whether you prefer the unregulated free-wheeling style of of living in a place like Thailand with its attendant risks, or the highly regulated, controlled and politically correct societies which exist in most western countries.

You have to decide decide where, in the overall, you'd rather live.

I know where I'd rather be and I'll take my chances on an occasional pork pie and a frozen stew from Friendship, not knowing from whence it originated.