Breathing Difficulty

donna

has anyone had this before? i was playing with a small kid the other day and hurt my back a little. the pain didnt last long and it isnt hurting now.

but since then (i think) i cant seem to get my lungs full of air. i walk around yawning all day just to fill them up. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

i am in no pain.

i have no other symptoms of anything except for a slight headache for the past 5 days or so.

any help would be very much appreacited with this. im sick of yawning all day and everyone thinks they are boring me as i yawn in their faces.....

has anyone had this before? i was playing with a small kid the other day and hurt my back a little. the pain didnt last long and it isnt hurting now.

but since then (i think) i cant seem to get my lungs full of air. i walk around yawning all day just to fill them up. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

i am in no pain.

i have no other symptoms of anything except for a slight headache for the past 5 days or so.

any help would be very much appreacited with this. im sick of yawning all day and everyone thinks they are boring me as i yawn in their faces.....

Wow! I hadn't heard of anything like that before, but if your short of breath and not getting enough oxygen in your system, you may want to see a doctor. Lack of oxygen can for prolonged periods can tax the heart muscle and affect your brain. Good luck! and I'd try to refrain from too much heavy exercise in the mean time.

Take care!

headache might come from not enough air.

I would consult a doctor, beside some small problems it may indicate something bigger.

I would urgently consult a good doctor, you may loose 2000 baht if it would disappear on itself but you may loose your life if it is something dangerous...

i am in no pain.

eew...you have scared me now. i am going to phuket on wednesday. i think i will pop in for a little check up.

the weird thing is....

sometimes i can 'fill up', others not. when i cant 'fill up' it seems to stop at the chest area.

but thanks for the advice fellas. i will go for that check up.

I used to get that a lot when i was in uni. It's mostly gone away, but I still occasionally walk around yawning, trying to fill my lungs.

Went to the doctor about it when it first started happening and was told it was connected to stress. Was given some relaxation techniques and they really work.

But, having said that, there is no chance at all that it was connected to any kind of injury. If you think for a second that it might be connected to hurting your back when you were playing with the kid, then you really should have it checked out.

thanks too true. i actually suspect it has more to do with stress than anything else. i thought about that later and came to the same conclusion.

i will, however, still get it checked out.

thanks too true. i actually suspect it has more to do with stress than anything else. i thought about that later and came to the same conclusion.

Yes, to me it sounds most like symptoms of anxiety. When one is anxious, one becomes hyper-alert and aware of things that are usually automatic, like breathing.

Injured rib or muscle would make taking in deep breaths (as in yawning) painful, and you said there's no pain.

Get it checked out anyhow, will only take a few minutes and won't cost much. Besides making sure that there isn't an actual medical problem, you may find that having a doctor confirm that your breathing OK will be enough to dispel the symptoms.

And try to reduce your stress. Good luck!

Hiya donna,

It is very likely all in the mind/phsychological and the more you think about it the more it exagerates.

I frequently do activities for excersize and if it,s a hot day i feel i,m not getting enough air into my lungs.

I find that if i think of something else to take my mind off it then the problem tends to go away.

Anything that relaxes you should help.

I also take extra deep breaths to take as much as possible into my lungs and hold it while it,s comfortable to do so before exhaling to the other extreme.

Of course it is important to get a physical examination just in case it is a heart/health problem

to reassure yourself it isn,t something more serious.

The headaches could be caused by lack of oxygen getting to the brain and again could be due to not getting enough air into your lungs.

As you do not get any pain i would tend to go with the mind situation and relax by doing deep breathing excersises.

Many athletes suffer from this due to stress and worry so do not think you are alone.

Incidently i sometimes suffer in the house and find that lying down and relaxing also does the trick.

Most of the observations posted are along these lines and sensible.

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

dont forget to check your heart prob. also P' donna

some kind of cardio-vascular 's problems make heart can't pump Blood to supply other part of body well ..due to respiratory acidocis (accumulation of acid or loss of base in the body; Respiratory acidosis is the state of excess retention of carbon dioxide )

from this reason that why

1 you get hypopnea ( fast breathing and shallow stroke)

2 yawning(for release CO2)

3 headache coz lacking of O2 in blood for supply brain

i hope you get well soon tee rak

love u

me :o

well, i have drawn my own conclusion of stress. i got off of my island yesterday to check out a rental house for myself in phuket. i did not notice the symptoms at all!

i returned today, and back they are.

the reason is probably that i am changing jobs soon. i have been here for 7 months (not long, i know, but long enough for me to admit defeat and know that its not for me) and am taking on a new challenge on phuket.

so i am leaving one job, going to another, packing up house and moving to another place where i know relatively few people (khall i know youre there for me, lovey). i know the change is going to be good, but of course there is a level of anxiety. i have started trying to stay calm and breathing deeply to relax.

thanks for the advice everyone. i really appreciate you caring about me! :o

well, i have drawn my own conclusion of stress. i got off of my island yesterday to check out a rental house for myself in phuket. i did not notice the symptoms at all!

i returned today, and back they are.

the reason is probably that i am changing jobs soon. i have been here for 7 months (not long, i know, but long enough for me to admit defeat and know that its not for me) and am taking on a new challenge on phuket.

so i am leaving one job, going to another, packing up house and moving to another place where i know relatively few people (khall i know youre there for me, lovey). i know the change is going to be good, but of course there is a level of anxiety. i have started trying to stay calm and breathing deeply to relax.

thanks for the advice everyone. i really appreciate you caring about me! :o

just one different idea: maybe there is something else where you live, for example house dust mite, which cause you allergic symptomes, if you go to phuket you get fresh air.....

Might be??

i tend to lean toward the stress factor really. makes perfect sense to me.

changing jobs, house etc is quite stressful but it is gonna be a change for the better, so i think i will be fine.

i tend to lean toward the stress factor really. makes perfect sense to me.

changing jobs, house etc is quite stressful but it is gonna be a change for the better, so i think i will be fine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As an after thought are you a smoker or spend time in a smoking enviroment as along with dust, pets ect. they can all give you similar breathing difficuties along with weazing.

I,m not having a go at anyone who smokes by the way, just high lighting secondary smoking

and asthmatic irritations. :o

marshbags :D:D:D

nah. never been a smoker. we have a couple of cats here but i keep my distance from them as they make my eyes itch like crazy. i live on the beach so its not too dusty.
Sounds a bit like symptoms of a little known ailment that effects mostly women , it is called Ankylosing Spondulitis, it is a spinal condition that affects the breathing capacity of the lungs,it is usually heredetary, my wife suffers quite badly with this ill ness , shortness of breath is treated similar to asthma usually with inhalers, this is not a wind up , you can p.m the wife on this address :o Nignoy