Double Carport - Cost Estimate

Double Carport - Cost Estimate

I've never built in Thailand, but will be building a Dbl Carport.

Looking to do a cheap build, but I won't be there for the build ... oxymoron, I know!

... just paying part of the Build ... facepalm.gif

Specifications ...

• 6 metre x 6 metre roof area
  • Attached to the house for one side (so not completely free standing)
  • Standard Thai roof tile (fibro cement)
  • Some basic footings in clay soil (lightweight roof)
  • Steel bearers and batons
  • Concrete posts
  • Gravel floor (something I call decomposing granite ... sort of like that really course yellow sand)
  • Builder employed
  • Relatives as labourers
  • Not lined or insulation

A bare bones build.

Is there other things to specify?

Cost to Build?

Am I being overly optimistic to get away with a total build cost of 50,000 Baht?

Thanks in Advance for the replies ... wai.gif

I'm investigating a similar structure so will be interested in this thread.

Ours will have to be beefy enough to support 10kW of solar panels (assuming the government actually get their feed-in tariff sorted).

All input appreciated :)

• Like 1

2 years ago I had built a carport that was 8 meters wide and 7 meters deep ....wasn't really built on the cheap as it included 2 custom made sliding 4 meter gates (1.8 meters high), parking area was reinforced with #12 re-bar and 10 inches of concrete, with no slip tiles on top of the concrete. Eight concrete posts were put in (pored concrete posts), steel framed slab roof style with slight slope. Underneath was covered with 4inch wide fake wood slates (i think made out of some fiberglass mix ) and corrugated Tin roof.

Cost 100,000 Baht....This was done in Rayong

hope that helps

• Like 1

thanks for the compliment......actually think got a bargain for I paid....but posted so you could get an idea of costs.

Have seen many attached to the side of the house with only 4 precast concrete posts on the other side for support with wood framing for the roof....my guess and its just a guess....is that you could build such a structure for 10,000 baht...possibly more because your major expense is going to be for the roof framing (not sure if wood is more expensive than steel)

Here's a photo...somewhat of a novice with this computer stuff ....so hope it workedattachicon.gifP1000183.JPG

Can you attach a larger image please, forum software will create the thumbnail smile.png

Looks great, I don't suppose there are drawings?

Beer is available for a good design that we use, if you don't drink then a fish dinner (with giant freshwater prawns) will be provided at our restaurant, once the flooding goes down that is. smile.png

Crossy hope these pictures are better....have to downsize them as my download speeds are somewhat restricted

sorry no plans....When the contractor was building my wall around the property I asked him offhandedly what he would charge to do the carport this was and we kinda just winged it as we went along (his original quote was 75,000 baht ) but things got added and changed

post-174939-0-22991200-1380106699_thumb.post-174939-0-33220000-1380106719_thumb.post-174939-0-64475900-1380106733_thumb.post-174939-0-63481100-1380106750_thumb.

• Like 2

I know it's a bit smaller but to give you a feel of price - I built 4.5m x 6m. 4 pillars set in concrete, steel and conwood roof and gravel floor.

Builders cost all in was B30,000.

That sounds very reasonable, any pictures?

Thanks.

I know it's a bit smaller but to give you a feel of price - I built 4.5m x 6m. 4 pillars set in concrete, steel and conwood roof and gravel floor.

Builders cost all in was B30,000.

I looked for a 'conwood' roof ... but couldn't find anything for Thailand.

What is a conwood roof?

B30,000 ... sweet price ... how long ago?

General area?

Thanks.

post-35075-0-99138800-1380193197_thumb.j

We bought the materials and a couple of farmers who had free time while their crops grew put it up.

Total cost just over 10000 Bt.

It was only meant to be temporary while we sorted out the land and built a house but seems like it's going to be a bit more permanent now sad.png

• Like 2

The only thing to bear on mind if you're following our lead with plants is if you have it attached to the house it will be an attraction for little animals (ants etc) and depending where you live snakes!

With this in mind we've left a 1m gap between the roof and the house on the basis that unless the rain is vertical you won't get wet.

2 years ago I had built a carport that was 8 meters wide and 7 meters deep ....wasn't really built on the cheap as it included 2 custom made sliding 4 meter gates (1.8 meters high), parking area was reinforced with #12 re-bar and 10 inches of concrete, with no slip tiles on top of the concrete. Eight concrete posts were put in (pored concrete posts), steel framed slab roof style with slight slope. Underneath was covered with 4inch wide fake wood slates (i think made out of some fiberglass mix ) and corrugated Tin roof.

Cost 100,000 Baht....This was done in Rayong

hope that helps

It all depends what type of design and size one wants, a small sized two car holder will now cost about 150.K.

At my home the second carport is a large one the way I wanted it, it has first class design and construction from top to bottom, all passing people adore it, obviously expensive just under 1.Million THB.