Theft- Some Bstard Stole My CBR250!

Lancelot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the theft video is on You Tube now.

Thanks for your kind words and support!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MfIiLYmgb7M

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MfIiLYmgb7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Lancelot
Fixed embedded video

Thanks Wantan. I tried to embed that video as you did but I was obviously

I renamed it "Dancing Motorcycle Thief" on You tube in the hopes that it might go viral.

I had fixed it earlier today but appears you very shortly after tried to fix it again. Had me confused as I had it working fine and wondering where it went then saw your edit by in the post. biggrin.png

Thanks Wantan. I tried to embed that video as you did but I was obviously

I renamed it "Dancing Motorcycle Thief" on You tube in the hopes that it might go viral.

I had fixed it earlier today but appears you very shortly after tried to fix it again. Had me confused as I had it working fine and wondering where it went then saw your edit by in the post. biggrin.png

Thanks.

your fix didn't show up on my end so I inadvertantly screwd up your good work...

It almost look like a setup they knew what they were looking for 4 ppl on 2 bikes to steal 2 bikes and use the waves to push them. Looks a lot like something they planned before.

After thinking about the robbery, this is what I think happened:

1 The thieves were watching for some time and knew our habits.

2 They have been here before, trying different keys until the had the correct one, or a master key. It was a Thai "Ison" type lock that uses a flat key

3 They even took the lock!

4 The robbery took 5 minutes, I think the only thing that slowed them down was breaking the steering locks.

5 They couldn't or didn't want to start the bikes, they pushed each bike with a Honda Wave

6 The CCTV video shows them with no back packs, so no tools really

7 I think a good quality alarm disc lock would have prevented the theft.

8 I became complacent about safety. I carry a chain to imobalise the bike when I park outside for long periods, but I "trusted" the locked compound.

Be vigilant guys, the bad boys are out there...

PS- There were five guys. When they left: one guy on each stolen bike; one thief on a wave, pushing a bike, followed by two thieves on a wave, pushing a bike.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good work.

Now the police will actually want to find the accused so they can get a photo of them handcuffed with 17 police officers behind in the papers. Motivation, the opportunity for face and pats on the back.

Unless they know who it is and they have some sort of protection or business opportunity for plod. Both probably unlikely unless they were just the foot soldiers for a much, much bigger operation.

Good luck with it.

Edited by yingyo

Good work.

Now the police will actually want to find the accused so they can get a photo of them handcuffed with 17 police officers behind in the papers. Motivation, the opportunity for face and pats on the back.

Unless they know who it is and they have some sort of protection or business opportunity for plod. Both probably unlikely unless they were just the foot soldiers for a much, much bigger operation.

Good luck with it.

Thanks,

Ironically, the "farang" rags would not touch the story, I sent the same CCTV videos to them and... nothing. When I contacted Khasod News, they immediately returned my email and said they would run the story. One english language radio station did air the story for me and I do appreciate that.

Funny old world, Thai crooks steal my motorcycle but only the Thai press comes to my aid...

Good work.

Good luck with it.

Thanks,

Ironically, the "farang" rags would not touch the story, I sent the same CCTV videos to them and... nothing. When I contacted Khasod News, they immediately returned my email and said they would run the story. One english language radio station did air the story for me and I do appreciate that.

Funny old world, Thai crooks steal my motorcycle but only the Thai press comes to my aid...

It really is not Thai against farang, its just a lazy police force. But on the other hand in the west its not much better. Did you offer the police money to find your bike ?

Has anyone used those XENA disk locks - any feedback?

Not worth it. Just a really expensive padlock. Great concept, but the alarm on my lock kept going off for no reason at all times of day/night. Unhappy neighbors.

I found on the internet many others had the same problem. I wrote to Xena 18 months ago asking if they had resolved the problem of faulty sensors (seems they are affected by humidity). I said I was prepared to buy a new one if they had. I am still waiting for an answer.....

• Like 1

Has anyone used those XENA disk locks - any feedback?

Not worth it. Just a really expensive padlock. Great concept, but the alarm on my lock kept going off for no reason at all times of day/night. Unhappy neighbors.

I found on the internet many others had the same problem. I wrote to Xena 18 months ago asking if they had resolved the problem of faulty sensors (seems they are affected by humidity). I said I was prepared to buy a new one if they had. I am still waiting for an answer.....

Bummer. What I read on other boards was that it is an "optical" issue. Some guys reported that cleaning the lenses would resolve the faulty alarms. Just repeating what I heard.

If I get another big bike I would probably try one of the Xena locks. After having a bike stolen, I will never again feel comfortable not using additional security measures...

I've had two alarm locks for 18 months, used every night, not one false alarm, unless I take off the bike cover without removing the lock first. rolleyes.gif

I hang them verticle. Something like 500b each in SP320.

OK, I will bite- SP320? What does that mean?

@Issanman, yeah, even a regular padlock will stop the bike from being pushed away :)

Oh man that sucks, I hope you get it back.

Crazy to see the whole thing on Video too.

I guess we'll have to get used to the fact that big bike thefts are going to get more common, as there's now so many big bikes.

I don't see how anything could prevent this really, except for a guard. Not sure an alarm would prevent this; it can be disarmed but more likely it would just go off randomly and so you'd ignore it eventually. On board GPS might work, depending on how these gangs operate. If they take it apart or ship it off to a neighboring country it's no good.

Best you can do is theft insurance. Doesn't pay the whole value but is dirt cheap to get.

DO NOT rely on an ordinary padlock on the brake disc. Or for that matter a chain with a padlock. If in doubt, check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC3hFr8p2ck

I use a Abus detector 8000, and I can only reccomend it. I never had a false alarm, and it is almost undestructable. The only downside is that it is quite heavy (1,5 kg.) But that Again says something about the quality. I believe that Abus has discontinued the 8000 and are now selling the 8077 - but it Works the same way. You can see a video of i here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1Xnknnvrw

I guess the only option if someone wants to steel my bike is do take of the entire front weel, but then the alarm would have sounded many times - and they would also have difficuties moving +250 kg. bike without a front Wheel.

A regular padlock through the holes in the disk brake can slow them down a bit.

I'm not sure if a padlock would be sufficient enough, but I disc locks can be had fairly cheap, like 300 baht with such a round security key, so if they want to destroy the lock they will have to destroy the disc as well.

I'm not sure if a padlock would be sufficient enough, but I disc locks can be had fairly cheap, like 300 baht with such a round security key, so if they want to destroy the lock they will have to destroy the disc as well.

If the theft is planned, I'm afraid that it won't do you much good. Try to Google turbular Lock pick. or take a look at this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_tjYgczzkg

You can order one of theese online for about 10-15 USD.

If the theft is planned, I'm afraid that it won't do you much good. Try to Google turbular Lock pick. or take a look at this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_tjYgczzkg

You can order one of theese online for about 10-15 USD.

I have no doubt that there is a masterkey system for every key system produced in the world, so what do you suggest ? Take the bike to sleep with you ?

I have no doubt that there is a masterkey system for every key system produced in the world, so what do you suggest ? Take the bike to sleep with you ?

There probably is a masterkey for any system. But I personally would not choose a system where the masterkey can be obtained by anyone and for only USD 10 - and which does not require ANY skill to operate. I have already posted my suggestion.

Edited by Ninja4me

There probably is a masterkey for any system. But I personally would not choose a system where the masterkey can be obtained by anyone and for only USD 10 - and which does not require ANY skill to operate. I have already posted my suggestion.

That Abus lock looks indeed very decent, but as you say yourself, at the end of the day it still works with a key for which somewhere a masterkey is available.

Because it isn't exposed on Youtube yet doesn't mean the people interested in it don't have a source.

It is same with every security system, security systems get invented based on the tactics criminals use, so the criminals adjust their tactics. It's a never ending story.

Electric shock wires on top of a perimeter wall are considered the best deterrent against intruders at the moment , and in the civilized world 3 - 4 wires is considered effective.

In South Africa, where the system originated, anything less than 10 wires is considered insufficient.