Farm Equipment - how and what you use

David48

Farm Equipment what you use and how you use it.

When you have the time, drop by and show the general farm equipment.

A basic photo or two helps with the explanation.

Or go the whole hog with a video and commentary.

If you don't know how to do a YouTube ... you can email me the file and I'll convert it for you.

Show us how you ...

Sharpen a scythe

Till the soil

Tap that tree

Plough that Field

Drill that well

Pump that water

What ever you do on or at the Farm that involves an implement or some machinery ... share it here.

David, your name is David? Really? I would have put money on it being Don, older Aussies will remember Don Bourke. As in the Back Yard DIY Guy. Is he still around? Or maybe it is deckstain, Wally Stiller, as in "Hey Darls, chop some wood for the Barbie will ya, those freeloaders will be here in a minute!"

Wait a minute, I need another flashback name, you did say twins? Arh, Con, as in, Con the Fruiter, "Doesn't matter, coupla days, beau-dee-ful!" Now there's an Australian phrase that fits here like a glove.

But the idea is not bad, could supply some serious U-TUBE opposition. Perhaps we could call it a "Grip of Tarzans Tube". Now anyone remember what that is about?

Maybe it is time for a beer? David, seriously you are doing some good work here mate. Keep it up!

Can one of you other pig guys can film the orchestra stall removals for Dynamo Dave? Cost to you Dave, explain all this nonsense to the non-Ockers.

• Like 1

^^ I'll answer that one ... but not today ... wait till the thread has a few grey hairs!

So ... that motor above being fine tuned ...

Probably built before that mechanic was born!

I'd love you guys just to contribute what you like to about Farm Machinery you have and how you use it.

Could I sharpen a scythe ... probably could ... but I want watch you guys do it.

I'd rather drink beer with mates then with strangers ... biggrin.png

Fine Tuning ...

post-104736-0-23685700-1380495426_thumb. . post-104736-0-69741900-1380495434_thumb.

post-104736-0-46053200-1380495437_thumb. . post-104736-0-22368600-1380495440_thumb.

Three days later because he also had to run the Farm.

Massive flywheel.

Under-stressed, big bore motor.

Arh, Con, as in, Con the Fruiter, "Doesn't matter, coupla days, beau-dee-ful!"

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

I have much more pictures from this tank. I can try to pm them to you (if that works)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nah ... just wait till you're back on board, post some photos, tell the story how it works and why you did it ... it will be a great post ... thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Humm ... looks like solo conversation for a while.

I won't be perturbed as I reckon it's a subject worth sharing ... biggrin.png

post-104736-0-00104800-1381533201_thumb. post-104736-0-83045300-1381533215_thumb.

post-104736-0-47758300-1381533252_thumb. post-104736-0-21839600-1381533268_thumb.

It's (obviously) the machine which is used at the Farm for moving water around the farm.

Both for filling the pond and for draining it when required.