theblether,

pigeonjake

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're not going to believe this but.................

I've got dengue fever.

I've been quietly dying for the last ten days. sad.png

Took me 6 days in hospital and knocked sideways for a couple of weeks.

Worst part, ongoing, couldn't have a fag in hospital and survived so her indoors is sticking me to it.

Out of interest, was admitted with dengue and discharged with pneumonia. Guess they are trying to keep the official figures down?

• Like 2

You`ve had some bad luck of late, hope it`s all gone now ( the bad luck) and the dengue clears up soon.

It sounds horrible, I`ve been lucky so far, never had it.

Interesting I also prefer being unfussed over if ill, just rest/sleep/drink liquids and take any appropriate medicine.

Your posts almost always entertainingcoffee1.gif , shame about the circumstances for some of the last few.

Chin up, get well soon.smile.png

• Like 1

You`ve had some bad luck of late, hope it`s all gone now ( the bad luck) and the dengue clears up soon.

Interesting I also prefer being unfussed over if ill, just rest/sleep/drink liquids and take any appropriate medicine.

Your posts almost always entertaining:coffee1: , shame about the circumstances for some of the last few.

Try it with the missus then 3,6, 8 Thai friends and family in the hospital room and trying to pee in a bottle at the same time.

• Like 2

Your posts almost always entertaining:coffee1: , shame about the circumstances for some of the last few.

Try it with the missus then 3,6, 8 Thai friends and family in the hospital room and trying to pee in a bottle at the same time.

Just buy them a beer before hand. .........whistling.gif ...........laugh.png

Got me there.

It was me having to pee in a bottle, not the Thai visitors hee hee.

Couldn't get to the loo with 2 intravenous drips attached.

Got me there.

They probably would not have a problem with that...it is a farang thing this shyness.smile.png

Got me there.

They probably would not have a problem with that...it is a farang thing this shyness.smile.png

Very true, but a room full of them??

Thanks very much wai.gif

@geronimo, I hear you. That pain aspect is indescribable, it feels as if every single part of your body is screaming. You end up terrified to turn in bed cos you know what's coming next.

I'm going to delay my flight to Scotland as there is no way I'm going to travel with this hanging in my system. A singular mosquito bite, my gawd. sad.png

It's not for nothing that it was once known as breakbone fever. Went through it myself some years ago and I really do feel for you. Pain killers, fluids and a drip is all that can be done. Not to make light of the situation but you will finish up many kilos lighter at the end of it.

Bleteher - I've ben travelling so only just caught up on your situation. Best of luck Mate and hope you make a speedy and full recovery.

Don't forget that the only way to catch dengue is to get bitten by a mossie that has previously bitten somebody infected with dengue. The moral being that those close to you have a higher risk of catching it from a mossie that bites you while you're infected.

Avoid mossie bites while you're infected at all costs to reduce the chances of your friends or family contracting it from you (well, actually the mossie that bites you, but you know what I mean).

Keep your chin up Blether. thumbsup.gif

Well, if it is all true. Which i now believe.

But, cummonn- when you read your ups and downs, you can understand that some would think - no, this guy has not gone through all this in one swoop. And may be making it up.

A big sloppy Scottish kiss to you - and get better soon.

• Like 1

Bleteher - I've ben travelling so only just caught up on your situation. Best of luck Mate and hope you make a speedy and full recovery.

Don't forget that the only way to catch dengue is to get bitten by a mossie that has previously bitten somebody infected with dengue. The moral being that those close to you have a higher risk of catching it from a mossie that bites you while you're infected.

Avoid mossie bites while you're infected at all costs to reduce the chances of your friends or family contracting it from you (well, actually the mossie that bites you, but you know what I mean).

Keep your chin up Blether. thumbsup.gif

I was in Kalasin and my Canadian mate in Phitsanulok got it the same time.

High speed, long distance mozzies.

Just a lot of it around this year I believe.

I've re-booked my flight for 24 October. Plenty of time to spread fear and alarm among my fellow passengers.

I'm hoping to go into the temple for a few days next week for the specific reason of asking, "<deleted>? surely I haven't got that much bad karma left? blink.png ".

No doubt by just posting that I've added to it and I'll be duly knocked down by a tuk tuk today.

@Patsy, I love Talking Heads, you've made my day biggrin.png

Unforgettable Live Psycho Killer performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdp42fYKFZ8

Edited by theblether

@Todd, Liquid appears to be the key, the downside is that you can't be bothered drinking the volume required. I've tried coke, which I detest, even more so now, plain water which ends up with a weird taste, orange juice, which has been the only success so far and various other concoctions.

I don't know about others that have suffered it but it plays havoc with your taste buds as well as your appetite.

@Ian I had malaria as a child, they say it never leaves you. It's a handy thing to blame when I make a mistake, you know the "it wasn't me, it was the malaria" one.

Very effective. whistling.gif

Meh......Time to look at the positives of this.

Apparently dengue has suddenly made you "detest" coke, yet until relatively recently, you were drinking at least two 1.5 litre bottles (or 6 cans) a day regularly. Damascus day #1, with added health benefits.

You say it has destroyed your appetite..... So where muay thai training, the watermelon diet, and your big jugs failed, dengue could succeed. This should get (at least a little) of the excess weight off. Health benefit #2.

So there you are. Every clod has a silver lining. tongue.png

@Todd, Liquid appears to be the key, the downside is that you can't be bothered drinking the volume required. I've tried coke, which I detest, even more so now, plain water which ends up with a weird taste, orange juice, which has been the only success so far and various other concoctions.

I don't know about others that have suffered it but it plays havoc with your taste buds as well as your appetite.

@Ian I had malaria as a child, they say it never leaves you. It's a handy thing to blame when I make a mistake, you know the "it wasn't me, it was the malaria" one.

Apparently dengue has suddenly made you "detest" coke, yet until relatively recently, you were drinking at least two 1.5 litre bottles (or 6 cans) a day regularly. Damascus day #1, with added health benefits.

You say it has destroyed your appetite..... So where muay thai training, the watermelon diet, and your big jugs failed, dengue could succeed. This should get (at least a little) of the excess weight off. Health benefit #2.

Has dengue been patented yetclap2.gif

every clod indeed.

3 litres of coke a day is vile by the way.

And the reference to his jugs made me sick up in my own mouth a little.

thanks for that.

• Like 1

You haven't spent any time in my company for over three months, your info is out of date.

• Like 1

All due respect to theblether's illness, how is this Thailand-specific ?

Considering the dengue fever epidemic in Thailand at the moment, I feel a strong connection to Thailand the possibilities dangers to one's health here.

Same as my thread about getting a DVT ... designed to make sure the other good members don't wind up like me.

So, while you may or may not appreciate a members writing style, the fact remains that a fellow member is well under the weather and we all should be mindful of the dangers which can befall us here.

If you MrWorldwide had caught dengue fever and came here to regale your story as a precautionary tale to others ... I would applaud that.

So maybe, let's not worry about the functionality of the issue, but rather, take the implied health warning, and collectively wish theblether a speedy recovery.

• Cholera
  • Motorcycle Accident
  • Dengue Fever

Mate ... they say things come in three's ... your safe now ... facepalm.gif

Too true...too true. I've had dengue...knocks ya hard for a bit...real hard.

This thing has struck again...Hope your Better these days Blethe...

post-146250-0-30159900-1381109382_thumb.