What's the cost per gallon for fuel here?

ClareQuilty

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boiling blood. There are no advantages to the imperial system. Only thing is that when you have grown up with a system you have "the feel with it" this maybe the reason that blood starts to boil ( at 100 degrees Celsius I suppose) you' know when a distance is 10 miles how long it takes you to walk run or ride this distance. I have no idea I have to convert this into metrical units and then I know also That is because we are both used to our system. Nothing to get angry about. But when we go back to the can soda from 330ml (and this amount originates from an imperial volume, but I have no idea which one). And you want to load a truck with a max loading capacity from 30 tons, you do not need a pocket calculator to calculate how many cans can be loaded The SI units are in that way much, much better then any other system from the past. What still fails is a metric system of time measurements Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Was that Tons or Tonne you write of. biggrin.png

A Tonne is 1000 Kilos .coffee1.gif

you tried thee people ?

..i've already saved 15,000 B ......

http://www.petroldirect.com/

"we'll package it up and send it to you in the post, first class, delivered straight through your letterbox".

Yes right, I'm sure. This has to be a spoof web site. DERV at 55p a litre?

"There appears to be a problem with our ordering system"

I bet there is.

Boiling blood. There are no advantages to the imperial system. Only thing is that when you have grown up with a system you have "the feel with it" this maybe the reason that blood starts to boil ( at 100 degrees Celsius I suppose) you' know when a distance is 10 miles how long it takes you to walk run or ride this distance. I have no idea I have to convert this into metrical units and then I know also That is because we are both used to our system. Nothing to get angry about. But when we go back to the can soda from 330ml (and this amount originates from an imperial volume, but I have no idea which one). And you want to load a truck with a max loading capacity from 30 tons, you do not need a pocket calculator to calculate how many cans can be loaded The SI units are in that way much, much better then any other system from the past. What still fails is a metric system of time measurements Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Was that Tons or Tonne you write of. biggrin.png

A Tonne is 1000 Kilos .coffee1.gif

From what I remember from school the word ton or tonne is a consequent from the Old English word tunne.

And easily found there are three types of ton measurement.

The first is the Long ton, which is also known as the weight ton or gross ton.

The next is the Short ton, which is simply known as ton or net ton.

The third ton is the Metric ton, which is also known as metric tonne.

The abbreviation for the metric ton is " mt ".

The long ton and short ton are both made up of twenty hundredweights aproximately depending on the weather.

There are 2.2 lbs in a kg and there are 2240 lbs in a ton.

1 lb (pound-mass avoirdupois) = 0.453 592 37 kg, hope that helps.laugh.pngbiggrin.png
  • Like 1

The specific weight from every soda is around one (1) and yes, you are right depending on amount of sugar in it, although the change in specific weight is very, very small. Weight has NOTHING to do with temperature and pressure. Put a glass of water on a balance and heat, or cool it, and change the air pressure. Weight remains the same. Although after a long time the glass will loose weight because of vaporising water. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The density of a fluid changes with temperature and pressure, therefore the weight per given volume changes.

ρ1 = ρ0 / (1 + β (t1 - t0)) for changes in temperature where ρ1 is final density

ρ1 = ρ0 / (1 - (p1 - p0) / E) same except for pressure.

"Beer is sold in cans of 330ml or 660ml......."

My Big Bottles of Heineken are 640 ml ....feel a letter of complaint coming on...short changed maybe...

Ref Fuel costs...new KARRY uses mainly LPG so filled up the other day for just over 400 Bt...@ 14bt /Ltr....(peng up North)

Passed a FS in Prapadeng,Samut Prakan a few weeks ago and noticed that they were flogging the stuff at 10 Bt /Ltr but maybe was just for the heavy commercial truckers....long way to go just to fill up.

New Quad bike uses benzene so will check price on refill....

@tywais apologizes,

It seems you are right even density from liquids changes with pressure. But the pressure has to be very high to make a significant change. Pressures like in the inside from the sun and black holes are examples. Under normal circumstances pressure does not have a significant influence on density. Different from temperature and % sugar solved in it

Please accept my apologies.

Back to my question in case a can of soda is filled with plain water at a temperature from 20 degrees Celsius and normal atmospheric pressure. What is the weight then in imperial units?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No as much as a pint of Guinness, to be sure, to be sure.........burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

@tywais apologizes,

It seems you are right even density from liquids changes with pressure. But the pressure has to be very high to make a significant change. Pressures like in the inside from the sun and black holes are examples. Under normal circumstances pressure does not have a significant influence on density. Different from temperature and % sugar solved in it

Please accept my apologies.

Back to my question in case a can of soda is filled with plain water at a temperature from 20 degrees Celsius and normal atmospheric pressure. What is the weight then in imperial units?

Why would you put plain water in a soda can? That's illogical.

If you want to convert the world to using SI, you'd better start making more sense first tongue.png

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

<snip>

Sorry, not possible, your temperature is wrong, has to be 68.

Agree with you, SI is much, much easier, also our DMT's from the US here agree with that while doing some calculations, and slowly slowly Imperial is losing ground.

But in the mean time, can we please keep this thread on the topic of running costs for cars?

• Like 2

I have a better, and dare I say, more practical problem:

I start drinking 80 proof scotch on the rocks, starting off with 2 nips over 6x 3/4" square cubes of ice, at an ambient temperature of 28 degrees Celsius. The first glass goes down in 5 minutes, and it takes the bartender 3 minutes to re-stock my glass. The 2nd glass goes down in 10 minutes, and the time to consume then increases by an additional 2 minutes each glass. After 8 glasses, I need to go pee, and figure it at about a pint and a half's worth. I've now got some company with me, and start ordering the same for them but they only get a single nip - the immediate ambient temperature raises a couple of degrees, and and there's now an additional 10 minutes between orders as I'm being a little distracted. After 15 glasses, how many pounds in total have I gained?

• Like 1

Hmm, an ounce of water weighs an ounce, pretty complex.

My thumb is an inch wide, my foot is a foot long, and it’s a yard from the tip of my finger to my nose. How does that work in SI?

Anyways, the only problem I have with SI, is with machine work and fabricating.

SI scales are shit, as a CM is divided into ten, without a center mark. With an inch scale, I can easily measure 32nd and accurately measure down to a 64th. With an SI scale, I can easily measure down to 1cm, and accurately measure down to 1mm. Both are too big.

Also, with machine work, a 0.1mm is too big, and 0.01mm is too small, but 0.001" is about perfect.

All that say, anyone incapable of basic arithmetic should stick with SI units.

• Like 1

The op is not "running costs from cars" but: "What's the cost per gallon for fuel here" as Thailand uses liters this question needs a conversion to imperial units to answer the question. If imperial units where not used then a price comparison between countries should be much easier. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, that higher math gets rugged….

• Like 1

I start drinking 80 proof scotch on the rocks, starting off with 2 nips over 6x 3/4" square cubes of ice, at an ambient temperature of 28 degrees Celsius. The first glass goes down in 5 minutes, and it takes the bartender 3 minutes to re-stock my glass. The 2nd glass goes down in 10 minutes, and the time to consume then increases by an additional 2 minutes each glass. After 8 glasses, I need to go pee, and figure it at about a pint and a half's worth. I've now got some company with me, and start ordering the same for them but they only get a single nip - the immediate ambient temperature raises a couple of degrees, and and there's now an additional 10 minutes between orders as I'm being a little distracted. After 15 glasses, how many pounds in total have I gained?

I'm not 100% sure, maybe only 5/8 confident that I could answer your question. But considering how much you drink, can I walk approximately 1.65 kilometres in your shoes, assuming they're a 44 Euro, or a mile in them if they're a UK 10 ?

Not sure how far I'd walk in a US 10.5 , maybe it depends on how many gallons to the kilometre they do.

On a serious note - considering we're in a country that uses metric with regard to the sale of petroleum products, and many of us come from countries that use metric, imperial, and US measurements, then provided you qualify the measurement you are using with a classifier, what's the problem? It's about as relevant and critical as saying the word "dollar" and leaving it open for interpretation. If you're from the US and talking about AUD, then you must stipulate AUD. Simple really.

I mean Jeez, even the spelling of liters and litres is up for grabs.

That depends...do you drive,or walk home after? smile.png

<snip>

Sorry, not possible, your temperature is wrong, has to be 68.

Agree with you, SI is much, much easier, also our DMT's from the US here agree with that while doing some calculations, and slowly slowly Imperial is losing ground.

But in the mean time, can we please keep this thread on the topic of running costs for cars?

My thoughts exactly..

• Like 1

Okay, in Prachinburi, our cost per USG for diesel last month averaged $3.70 and our cost for benzene averaged $4.38.

In the US average prices last month per USG were $3.97 for diesel and $3.55 a gallon for benzene.

So for last month anyway, diesel cost 7% more in the US, and benzene cost 19% less.

I think service and insurance are cheaper in Thailand, but most everything else auto-related in the US is cheaper.

Okay, in Prachinburi, our cost per USG for diesel last month averaged $3.70 and our cost for benzene averaged $4.38.

In the US average prices last month per USG were $3.97 for diesel and $3.55 a gallon for benzene.

So for last month anyway, diesel cost 7% more in the US, and benzene cost 19% less.

I think service and insurance are cheaper in Thailand, but most everything else auto-related in the US is cheaper.

Waiting with bated breath what the colour (color whistling.gif ) of the Bear is.

Waiting with bated breath what the colour (color whistling.gif ) of the Bear is.

Old engineering school joke, there are several variations but:

Guy get up, leaves the cabin packing his rifle in search or game. He walks 1.5 mile south and finds nothing, so he turns right and walks another 3.2 miles when he comes upon a bear and shoots it. He dresses it out and drags the meat a mile and a half back to the cabin. What color is the bear?

The bear is white, as the only place one could do that is at the North Pole.

But I don’t think there are polar bears at the North Pole, and it's not my joke.

• Like 1

It's always white :)

• Like 1

Is it written in imperial units?

As the people using it are generally not arithmetically challenged, they are able to do unit conversion.

People that are unable to convert a unit that is not SI would be better served pursuing a liberal arts degree.

you tried thee people ?

..i've already saved 15,000 B ......

http://www.petroldirect.com/

"we'll package it up and send it to you in the post, first class, delivered straight through your letterbox".

Yes right, I'm sure. This has to be a spoof web site. DERV at 55p a litre?

"There appears to be a problem with our ordering system"

I bet there is.

don't they do humour in Lancs ?