Flood embankments along Chi River collapse

Lite Beer

Flood embankments along Chi River collapse
By English News

13804321069600-640x390x2.png

CHAIYAPHUM, Sept 29 - Heavy rain in Thailand's central and northeastern regions have caused a collapse of flood embankments along the Chi River, resulting in flooding in the economic zone of this northeastern province.

The floods have inundated schools, hospitals, and business zones, affecting more than 3,000 households in 15 communities, as well as 6,000 rai of farmland.

Officials pumped out water to speed drainage all night.

Chaiyaphum Governor warned local residents to move their belongings to higher ground and relocate to a safe place.

Meanwhile, in the northeastern province of Buri Ram, its 12 districts are now underwater and have been declared disaster zones. Over 37,400 households have been affected by the flood.

The Chi River overflowed in rice fields, local roads and homes of local residents in Satuek district. Some roads are impassable. Local army officials used GMC army trucks to assist residents commute and move their belongings.

In the eastern province of Prachin Buri, Prime Minister/Defence Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, together with former Prime Minister/Chartthaipattana Party adviser Banharn Silpa-archa and other ministers and representatives, travelled by helicopter from Bangkok this morning to board a GMC army truck to monitor flooding situations in Kabin Buri district.

The premier and her team are meeting with local authorities to map out water management plans for Kabin Buri district, as well as provide moral support and distribute relief packages to flood victims at Kabin Buri district office. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-=09-29

They are reporting the Mun river is dropping 2 cm an hour since Thursday but I live on the the Mun river in Sisaket and our house is 50m from the river. The truth, since thursday it has been rising more than 2 cm a hour. Thursday it was 2m from the top of our flood wall on our land. Saturday night it crested over the flood wall and is continuing to rise. The fishing is good behind our house!

You stay optimistic.Very good.Catch a big fish for the meal....hehe

• Like 1

Sorry to all those affected. I had mine 2 years ago. This repeat in slow motion is not only a frekkin joke, it is an absolute outrage. It is true, you cannot stop the rain, but you can tell the truth to the poor people in advance of them loosing everything. I doubt there will be the coffers to pay out the compensation this time around!

How on earth did that happen! Just when we thought we had this water management caper cracked as well, ah well if at first you dont suceed, try try again or we can just sweep it under the carpet and wait for the new budget to get stuck into!

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif I was just watching an alert on the Thai news. All in Thai which I barely understand, but I did see a large area in red across the top of Thailand from the Northeast across to the Northeast of Thailand which was all in red. Tropical storm (very close to if not already a minimal hurricane

How on earth did that happen! Just when we thought we had this water management caper cracked as well, ah well if at first you dont suceed, try try again or we can just sweep it under the carpet and wait for the new budget to get stuck into!

Think the delay to solve stuff was they hadn't finished shuffling A4 sheets of paper around, the last guy in the chain had to be rescued by a JCB in case it ignited. sad.png

• Like 1

Sorry to all those affected. I had mine 2 years ago. This repeat in slow motion is not only a frekkin joke, it is an absolute outrage. It is true, you cannot stop the rain, but you can tell the truth to the poor people in advance of them loosing everything. I doubt there will be the coffers to pay out the compensation this time around!

Well to the best of my understanding they didn't pay them all in 2011. Do you you think they will pay them this year?

When do the military engineers get involved to help Thai people? Thai officials state "no need to worry."

They are already involved. Don't mistake them for politicians who only get involved to the point where they can get attention and the minute the camera is off them back to figuring out hiow to make more money off of this flood.

For instance

"In the eastern province of Prachin Buri, Prime Minister/Defence Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, together with former Prime Minister/Chartthaipattana Party adviser Banharn Silpa-archa and other ministers and representatives, travelled by helicopter from Bangkok this morning to board a GMC army truck to monitor flooding situations in Kabin Buri district."

We really need a bunch of no nothing no nothing idiots to monitor a flood.

They could do some thing constructive like pick up the phone call the Government in Holland and say we are having trouble with water management can you help us.

• Like 1

Well to the best of my understanding they didn't pay them all in 2011. Do you you think they will pay them this year?

When do the military engineers get involved to help Thai people? Thai officials state "no need to worry."

They are already involved. Don't mistake them for politicians who only get involved to the point where they can get attention and the minute the camera is off them back to figuring out hiow to make more money off of this flood.

For instance

"In the eastern province of Prachin Buri, Prime Minister/Defence Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, together with former Prime Minister/Chartthaipattana Party adviser Banharn Silpa-archa and other ministers and representatives, travelled by helicopter from Bangkok this morning to board a GMC army truck to monitor flooding situations in Kabin Buri district."

They could do some thing constructive like pick up the phone call the Government in Holland and say we are having trouble with water management can you help us.

Indeed they commented"ooooooh. Very wet. You had lunch yet?"

• Like 2

We were inundated in 2011, 2 metres of water that took a week to subside, My wife received 5000 baht compensation for the loss of about 300,000 baht worth of possessions. couldn't qualify for an extra 2000 baht cos we didn't have photos of the damaged property.

For instance

If they ask the best flooding management experts on this planet for help means the rest of the world think Thai's are stupid and they might lose face again.

Better to let the disaster go away by itself and keep the face clap2.gif

• Like 2

Think the delay to solve stuff was they hadn't finished shuffling A4 sheets of paper around, the last guy in the chain had to be rescued by a JCB in case it ignited. sad.png

They could use it to make paper boats and afterwards as a party hat for the incredible govt initiative of paper boats to pat themselves on the back??

How bad does this have to get before someone with balls stands up and calls it want it is instead of just saying it will be okay in a couple of days bah.gif

...]

As bad as it gets. These government agencies are getting paid to lie to the public and screw the rest of the provinces over at the cost if Bangkok ONLY BANGKOK...

How bad does this have to get before someone with balls stands up and calls it want it is instead of just saying it will be okay in a couple of days bah.gif

...]

As bad as it gets. These government agencies are getting paid to lie to the public and screw the rest of the provinces over at the cost if Bangkok ONLY BANGKOK...

does anywhere else even matter?

...]

does anywhere else even matter?

Nope, only the feudal elite and their innocent kids...

• Like 1