Thought I Would Share

gharknes

^ Jing, is there anywhere in Pattaya you haven't eaten and had a bad experience?

Answers on a postcard please....

Check my post history, more food raves than rants I reckon. I think Pattaya is a great place to eat. There is no reason to spend money on bad food here as good options do exist. I do realize tastes vary. For example anyone who thinks the Lek breakfast buffet has great food isn't on the same buffet table as me.

Hamburger Of Denmark is the place.....

end of thread

Doubtful. I once had something rotten there and have never been back. That was a lie actually. Those carts are too tacky for me, you can almost see the grease running under the wheels.

I wouldn't know whether I was ill from food, beer, dirty ice or something picked up from people not washing their hands to be honest....easy to blame the food isn't it!

the hotdogs are good from there and the girl down soi diana opposite LK metropole place always frys them for me :o

There was White Castle near me as a kid and once an old lady slipped on one that was dropped on the ground - she cracked her skull open and died on the spot.

From that point on we always referred to them as Murder Burgers

I'll admit the MOS burgers are a bit better :o

I like Mos Burgers. The stuff inside, a kind of red sauce relish tastes great with the burger. I hope Mos Burger opens soon in Pattaya. Any ideas when and where it is going to open?

In the new Central - Soiu 9 Beach Road.

It will be on one of ther upper floors among all the other franchised esting joints - the name is on the boarding that shuts off the site while the shopfitters finish their work.

So the where is clear - the when is dependent on Thai workers.

I'm looking forward to this place opening.

It will be on the fifth floor opposite the escalators on the right 2nd Road end of the mall.

Walking past today I put my ear against the chipboard, but heard no work activity. Maybe we will have to wait some time.

Hamburger Of Denmark is the place.....

end of thread

Well, I kinda like Hambuger of Denmark, too. It's a classic style of burger. Used to buy one & fries at the stand near The Blues Factory and then eat them w/ beer in Champion go-go or, until they changed to an anti-food-from-outside (maybe they changed back by now), The Blues Factory itself. Never had any problems afterwards.

^ Jing, is there anywhere in Pattaya you haven't eaten and had a bad experience?

Answers on a postcard please....

Check my post history, more food raves than rants I reckon. I think Pattaya is a great place to eat. There is no reason to spend money on bad food here as good options do exist. I do realize tastes vary. For example anyone who thinks the Lek breakfast buffet has great food isn't on the same buffet table as me.

:o

Wadee, Khun Thing!

As you know, I have great respect for the level of your experience, as well as the style in which you report to this fine forum. So, why not do us all a big favor, and save us some time: Write a post that we all can read, highlighting your Pattaya Restaurant RAVE LIST & RANT LIST!! You know... the best & the worst, as you see it! I, for one, would be interested to read what restaurants you recommend highly, as well as which places you'd warn us off... and why! Whadaya say; got the time? Regards,

-Michael (away!)

:D

I reckon the best Pattaya burger EVER was served at the Wild Chicken about 20 years ago.

I fondly remember wandering over the road from my room in the Palm Villa Hotel (now the Avenue) to get stuck into one of the Wild Chicken burgers. They were huge and were almost as good as Aussie made burgers.

It's not a burger unless it is served with beetroot and grilled onion, not raw onion.

Its good food at that place, shame about some of the loud mouth old guys inside.

Re: Rich Man Poor Man Soi 9 Jomtien:

Yes, the food is good here especially the 99 baht pizza offer on Tuesdays.

But I have waited for food for 1 hour + when you order something and they have to go shopping to get the ingredients, instead of saying it's not available.

Why would anyone wanna eat hamburgers in Thailand?

Why would anyone want to eat tom yum goong in France?

Whenever people ask that kind of question, and it often seems to come up, I have to admit I assume the person asking is probably an occasional tourist.

That said, given the beef situation here. Thailand isn't exactly the best place in the world for good burgers.

Edited by Jingthing

Whenever people ask that kind of question, and it often seems to come up, I have to admit I assume the person asking is probably an occasional tourist.

That said, given the beef situation here. Thailand isn't exactly the best place in the world for good burgers.

Thank you :o

Edited by alexth

Well, hamburger is not like steak. I agree good steak in Thailand is either expensive or imported, but good reasonably-priced hamburger is available at Friendship, Foodland, Villa, etc.

The plain buns at Friendship and Best make the best burgers--they're dusted with flour outside and cost 10 baht each--20 baht for double buns. I think they come from a German bakery. A great burger *can* be had here, you just have to make it yourself.

The plain buns at Friendship and Best make the best burgers--they're dusted with flour outside and cost 10 baht each--20 baht for double buns. I think they come from a German bakery. A great burger *can* be had here, you just have to make it yourself.

I agree those flour-dusted buns at Friendship make a great burger. A quality burger with tomato and lettuce etc.

Thank you :o

No people might not want to eat Tamyam Koong in France, but they do want to eat a good hamburger in France as well as Thailand.

Barry