Aircon Electronic

h90

we installed a old but strong aircon, it does not has the remote controll anymore.

But it has buttons and I thought I can change it direct (it will keep a stock of plastics and a machine cools so once it is set it will run at that forever). But I have only power and mode buttons, no +/-

the aircon guy told me that there is no new remote without changing the complete electronic for 2500 baht.

First of all 2500 are a lot money for a very old aircon, second I am low on money and third it will be used only once, so I don't want to go that way.

Does anyone know how the electronic looks inside, maybe it is possible to make the change direct at the electronic.

Any ideas?

I believe there may be no thermal control rather than just a missing remote. I have seen units in hotels upcountry that way. To add thermal control a box is installed on top of the normal control area and works with remote so that is probably what you were told would cost 2,500 baht. Without control your only option is turn on/off. In hotel this works, to some extent, as they use key card to turn electric off when not occupied (although they are losing money keeping the compressor running until room is like a meat locker; but guess that is what is wanted in some places).

That shop in IT City is great have every kind of spare part you can imagine.

Just buy any remote of the same brand as your wall unit and you should be ok.

The alternative would be to go to a shop installing aircons, they are sure to have a box full of old remotes they have picked up from old installation jobs.

Normally the coding of the remotes are the same for any individual brand, ask to borrow one for a day and check if it works.

Yes it can be done

how?

for the remote borrow ideas:

the aircon is accourding to my wife 20 years old (considering that she get just 1 year older every 2 years, but airconditions get 2 years older every 1 year if you ask my wife for age), but I think it is approx 10 years old (when I saw it first 5 years ago it was already old.

So it is very unlikely to find the right remote, brand is also a "no-name".

Maybe I make a picture of it and of the electronic and show that at IT city, maybe they have a smart guy there....

(aircon is in Bangkok, maybe someone know something simillar for BKK??)