Pattaya Beach "disappears" in places after heavy rainfall!

webfact

Sections of Pattaya Beach have disappeared following the heavy rainfall on Monday Night

Not surprised,the water does have to flow somewhere after all. It can't escape down the drainage cos that's all full of sand, debris and litter too. Piss poor management leads to piss poor results!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya is the greatest city in Thailand, if not the entire world. Every resource available needs to be devoted to an immediate restoration of this paradise on Earth.

Brilliantly witty clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

Your easily pleased...

But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on.

The world has enough problems without you adding your negative comments. .

Well said my friend,

As I have said many times most that post here are aliens to Thailand if you want to be negative & slate Thailand. Flights depart back to various homelands daily just take one. if its so bad why stay.

Most are here because folk got peed off with them moaning & groaning at home so they come & moan here instead of enjoying & look continuously for the positive ( cup half empty not half full).

• Like 1

But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on.

It's called,job creation.

Just because it's negative doesn't make it not true. And ignoring corruption will only make it worse not better.

• Like 1

Well, now they have to upgrade the draining and roads again,,,BUT,,,BUT if their building standards not improve it will be wasted money AGAIN,,,So they say, that lot is born dumb and stupid and learned NOTHING beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu (beating a dead horse whistling.gif )

He is completely right. Those are not negative comments but realistic ones.

I hate to be on topic here, but wasn't there some initiative a couple years back to reclaim the beach from the ocean using dredges? That and some well designed seawalls could really increase the size and quality of the beach.

Plus I would really love to see that kind of massive equipment that they use to perform that kind of work, who cares if they have to redo it in 3-5 years...

If you think Pattaya is bad you should see London - and that's not a joke - roadworks and roads up all over the place - one thing I won't criticise Thailand for is obstructive roadworks - they try whenever possible to keep the traffic flowing in Thailand. It really is bad in London and we don't have the obvious 'graft' to blame it on.

13a_07_roadworks_415x275.jpg

Pattaya is the greatest city in Thailand, if not the entire world. Every resource available needs to be devoted to an immediate restoration of this paradise on Earth.

When was the last time you walked down Beach Road on Pattaya Beach? It is now the meeting place for the "dregs of society." Just horrible compared to 10 years ago.

Edited by JackJD
  • Like 1

I hate to be on topic here, but wasn't there some initiative a couple years back to reclaim the beach from the ocean using dredges? That and some well designed seawalls could really increase the size and quality of the beach.

Yeah, I think it was Ittipol's campaign, together with the high speed rail in Sukhumvit and a tunnel underneath it. Obviously, none of those things will ever happen, just politicians creating global warming by exhaling hot air.

Would be pretty useless anyway, nobody goes to Pattaya center for the beach. The worst mistake they made was to build the Central and all of the "family oriented" BS, I say bring back the beer bars on the beach road and restore Pattaya to it's former glory as the #1 open air brothel it is designed to be.

• Like 2

This is serious where are all the "ladies" of the night going to stand late at nights ?

I reckon on the same paved walkway that they've been standing on for quite a while. The "beach" is the sandy strip between this elevated way and the sea, less than 10m around some parts. They've actually made the walkway even wider, so there ought to be more room in the future for the coconut girls to show off their wares.

The boneheaded idea of putting a road between the beach and the "beachfront" hotels is to blame. Seems to be quite common in Thailand, I for one expect beachfront to be exactly that, without a busy road in between.

I've been over there more than 10 times. Every time I had a great time and two of the trips were more than 6 months. Why bat down these guys all the time? It beats the heck out of most places and I've been to quite a few. Getting anything done is not easy any time and when any Govt. is involved it just makes it harder and far more prone to fail. I trust they're doing what they can.

+1

• Like 1