Thaksin tells police chief to tackle police kickbacks

Lite Beer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff if you like irony. Thaksin has taken corruption to levels undreamed

of by past piggies at the trough. Now he wants to end it ?? Too funny for

words. Sometimes I feel like I am living in the Twilight Zone here.

Where the absurd becomes reality.....

UURRR realy,, seems to me there was a corrupt I'm above the law guy in the U.S,,, NIXON, check matewhistling.gif

That Kuhn T. has no concept of irony,

let alone shame of any sort.

HOW SO??

what is the crime's he has been convicted of?

Is it The Shin Corporation in which Thaksin own a large portion of, he moved his holdings to his servants and driver, then to his kids and to family, this went to court and the court ruled in his favor, which means,,,NO crime...

or are you referring to the shocking crime of repaying the IMF monies borrowed by a previous government before the due date?,,, NO crime there,

or maybe you mean during his time as PM BKK was booming, is that what you mean?

or maybe working with Myanmar's Junta to stop the drug trafficking?,,, is that what you mean?

1. It doesn't mean no crime. It means no justice.

2. The crime he has been convicted of is corruption - facilitating illegal land purchase.

3. Working with Myanmar's junta to stop the drug trafficking? Aussieinthailand, you have lost the plot.

And not to forget he jumped bail and there are many other cases at court that can't proceed because he jumped bail.

• Like 1

I see Thaksin is once again working hard to remind everybody that little sister, Yingy, is undoubtedly nothing more than a jet-setting puppet for him. I wonder if she really hates big brother some days for always throwing this fact in her face. It must be humiliating for her.

BTW, I love all the other posts pointing out the irony of the "King of Corruption" wanting something done about corruption (when he can't directly take his chunk of the action).

Edited by Wavefloater

Poor deluded fella is getting desperate. He's no more in the news as much so he needs a stunt like this to show he's still the boss. Pathetic.

Hot on the heels of the emergency supplies handed out in Prachin Buri in his name and in case anyone didn't understand his photo was on every packet and giant ones on the vehicles.

So you have a problem of donating food or just helping people, damm, my wife n I donated in the last flood, what are you going to say about us?

Poor deluded fella is getting desperate. He's no more in the news as much so he needs a stunt like this to show he's still the boss. Pathetic.

Hot on the heels of the emergency supplies handed out in Prachin Buri in his name and in case anyone didn't understand his photo was on every packet and giant ones on the vehicles.

So you have a problem of donating food or just helping people, damm, my wife n I donated in the last flood, what are you going to say about us?

I take in your donation was genuine and heartfelt or did you have ulterior motives too ?

• Like 1

C'on all you super sleuths out there in TV land. It's obvious isn't it? The "Family" just paved the way for Montenegrin Hi-So to party in Thailand without visas and some uninformed BIBs shook down the "Family's" "special guests" in a resort town. Big loss of Face for the Family. Solution.... Family bans shakedowns in key resort towns. Local BIBs slapped on wrist via a cut in tea money, Montenegrins informed that they can do whatever they like in Pattaya and Phuket for the next 3 months.

Am I getting more paranoid and jaded in my old age? ....Naw, it's got nothing to do with age! LOL

• Like 1

What a pathetic character this buffoon is and it is far from his place to instruct the other buffoons as to the execution of their duties." Corruption especially in tourist area such as Phuket and Pattaya ". Bangkok is also a noted tourist location, however, it seems that the metropolis simply slipped his mind, or perhaps he considers the Bangkok area is beyond reproach.

Forget the RTP as they share a vested interest in the promulgation of the entrepreneurial spirit of corruption and the selective justice based on what they can get.

I didn't know fugitives could give orders?

What I find totally unbelievable is that such crap is reported in the "respected" media without any hint of questioning the exiled feurher's right to make such directives....!!!!!

• Like 1

UURRR realy,, seems to me there was a corrupt I'm above the law guy in the U.S,,, NIXON, check matewhistling.gif

Indeed, there have been many criminals in history who seize or try to stay in power through corruption. Some even involve considerable numbers of their families in a nepotistic crime family.

Your point here is?

Check Mate ...!? Clearly the guy doesn't play much chess, as there's so much more left in this game...!

I think his point is that a "Nixon" equals a "Thaksin", therefore, all I can say is I totally agree with him. Both of them should have been locked up for life+...!

• Like 2

Sounds like a bit of trolling from Thaksin.

Extremely worrying the answer from the police chief (albeit not unexpected), in a, shall we say, truly functional state of law, the minimum answer from the top police chief to a convict on the run telling him what to do would be to ##ck off. Not a meekly "yes, we are working on it!"

Give Thaksin credit where credit is due indeed a cunning stunt.whistling.gif

Cracked up at the last two words, swapping letters!

you know klaus, I swear to God that most of us would never have understood siampolee's subtle joke, unless you'd explained it for us..thumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I like calling it "Toontown".

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more bizarre. Thailand delivers another massively hypocritical story.

Thailand. The gift that just keeps on giving.

• Like 1

Give Thaksin credit where credit is due indeed a cunning stunt.whistling.gif

a dyslexic reading those last two words and reversing their starting letters, might get a different viewpoint.

...oops, after posting, I read posts from top of page and see somebody beat me to the punchline.

Closer to topic: What's next from Thaksin: a directive to provincial police - to not kill innocent people extra-judiciously? Did Thaksin change his diet, and now wants to appear like a decent person? Heck, next thing we know, he will be advocating allowing farang to own property in their names. No matter that Thaksin, (with his 9 passports) owns properties in several foreign countries.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1