Kung Fu equipment in Pattaya / Using Gymnasiums on holiday

MrMuddle

Does anyone know if it possible to buy Kung <deleted> / Karate equipment in Pattaya, for example practice Nunchakus, the light kind so that my students (family members), don't hurt themselves practicing ? Or practice swords, preferably wooden ?

Is there a gym in Pattaya I can join for while I am staying there, (just for a few days) ?

Thank you for any and all replies.

I've seen wooden swords at the place behind Big C in North Pattaya.

Regarding nunchakus, other than the ones I've seen on the street stalls, not sure where to get. However, you could buy a 1" PVC pipe and some end caps from Home Pro, get some chains also at Home Pro, glue the end caps on at one end only, drill a hole for the chain and build your own. Visit Tesco Lotus or Big C for some foam to wrap/glue around the plastic, you'll find it in the stationary section. Light weight and inexpensive for practising with. Just an idea.

Edited by seefah

I recall seeing a Kung <deleted> sign outside a shop on Third Road. I think they may be more focussed on lessons and training, but you could swing by and see what they've got or ask if they know of a shop selling the items you're looking for.

Sorry to be a bit vague but the shop is on 3rd Road between Pattaya Klang and the back entrance to Big C Extra, on the same side as Big C Extra. I can't remember exactly where on that stretch. If you don't happen to get into Central Pattaya often, or would prefer to get more info from the comfort of your own armchair, you could take a look on Google Street View and possibly get a phone number.