Camry 2.0g vs 2.5g

ThaiBob

Camry 2.5 is not inefficient by any means as it will roughly give you the same f/c as the 2.0 model (14 km/l mixed drive)

Not sure where you get 9 sec from but 80-120 km/h according to the test is done with kickdown and they measured around 7.8 sec which is pretty good given the 148 HP and 190 NM engine. Just for a comparison, a 2013 2.0 Accord does it in 8.9 sec and the 2.4 in 7.4 sec.

Camry 2.5 l engine is 4 pot and it is inefficient by any means. Extra 200,000 baht is not only for engine + gear but extra features I believe.

4 gear auto is less fuel efficient compared to 6 gear auto, but it doesn't prevent car to accelerate / take over. You have to know how much push down the gas pedal, thats all. Some people just not fit to drive auto gear cars.

I can ensure you 80-120 km acceleration of camry 2.0 is much faster than that table claims (9 seconds? no way). Of course, if they are doing these tests in final gear (without reducing gear) then I'll believe.

Camry 2.0 should please non-American drivers as long as they travel lightly (2-3 pax, medium loaded trunk) in camry. When I drive 5-6 persons with full trunk in car, you can feel engine is not strong enough but thats pretty rare in my usage.

Ford fit a gadget to the Ecoboost engine , a Symphonic or somesuch stupidity,to make it sound more powerful. The U.K. Mondeo doesn't have gimmicky engine , just a 1600cc 160 BHP,for 18K GBP. I put LollyPop Sticks into my Bikes wheels and pretendid i had a Moto Guzzi,perhaps Mr Eco Boost did the same once. .No Toyota should be without one either............biggrin.png

Instead of lollypop sticks, Toyota has taken the 2.0g and added front/rear/side skirts, a rear spoiler and called it the Extremo. They did upgrade the audio and add bluetooth, all for 60,000 baht.

We used to use clothes-pins to put playing cards on the forks........

• Like 1

I like the interior of the camry over the accords, felt plush and upmarket and I liked the soft touch points, high rate materials and the stitch work on the dash was a nice touch, that said the blander exterior styling and indistinct floaty handling are not just my impression when i rented one for 2 weeks for work but also those of pretty much every car critic and magazine ive read regarding the new cam. Outgoing teana has a comfortable and quiet interior but unatractive profile and the rear reminds me of a bloated soluna vios.

Edited by Retro Reactive
  • Like 1