PM Yingluck tells police to curb crime and narcotics

webfact

PM tells police to curb crime and narcotics

BANGKOK, 4 October 2013 (NNT) – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Thursday handed down policy directions to the national police, calling for them to clamp down on crime and the narcotics problem.

Ms. Yingluck emphasized that the police should concretely implement the policies given to them, which would lead to a reduction in crimes. She asserted she would also like the police force to be corruption-free and to work transparently.

The prime minister also said the national police should increase work collaboration with other agencies in tackling the violence in the southern border provinces.

Regarding narcotics, Ms. Yingluck told the police force to go all out to prevent people from becoming new users and rehabilitate drug addicts.

Furthermore, she asked the agency to tackle the issues of gambling, influential figures, transnational crime, and traffic congestion.

The police were also told to develop the capability of its personnel to prepare for the integration into the ASEAN Economic Community.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-04 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

She asserted she would also like the police force to be corruption-free and to work transparently.

In a decent society the prime Ministers comments if they had to be made would I am sure read as they do below. You order, you do not expect

She ordered nay demands the police force to be corruption-free and to work transparently.

• Like 1

No doubt that her empty words will earn her a few brownie-points with the armed forces!

A couple of days ago the chief of police was told by Dear Leader how to do his job properly.

Sure the generals will be happy to hear the PM partly blame the police for their failure in the south.whistling.gif

Now that is BOTH the de Facto and the de jure PMs telling the police to do their job properly.

Why wasn't this laid down on day 1 of this government?

As a thought what will both of them do if the police just ignore the requests?

Sweet FA

• Like 1

I wonder does this include the police in pattaya who I have on CCTV tape being involved in stealing 2 motorbikes?

Not to mention the other (apparently) 100 bikes stolen that night within 1-2 hours of each other..

1 of which was my Ninja 250 stolen from my locked gate (key..) and a CBR250 from same locked area..

Their blatant refusal to take a report and a request to come back with a number plate or pic of guys stealing it..which I did...and they still cant catch them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MfIiLYmgb7M

They were so worried about being caught they didnt even bother starting engines..just pushed them up the road...

Edited by irishtoffy

It's a good idea but I'm not sure what it will achieve as this only what the police should know that they are supposed to be doing anyway.

I assume the next one will be to tell teachers to educate their pupils and doctors to make their patients well again. Then we can move on to telling politicians what their job is.

Oh I forgot tell the army their role in the country and it isn't running TV stations.

• Like 2

Now that is BOTH the de Facto and the de jure PMs telling the police to do their job properly.

Why wasn't this laid down on day 1 of this government?

As a thought what will both of them do if the police just ignore the requests?

Isn't she getting just a little ahead of herself telling the police what to do as the national police chief has already indicated he gets instructions direct from the real PM ?

If push comes to shove I wonder which one he is likely to obey first, as if i didn't know ?

He obviously wants to hold onto his job and for that reason will not be too ready to cross Mr. T especially as there's a Shinawatra in the force ready to take over sooner or later.

• Like 1

For the life of me, I fail to understand what these people think they are achieving with such unadulterated claptrap as this.

Empty calls and promises to enforce the law, ensure justice and fairness for all and stop corruption blah, blah, blah are just that - empty.

Do they really think that the Thai public buys this rubbish? Well it would seem so.

The politicos obviously believe their own press and, having filled the required media sound quota, can go back to business as usual.

Think of the simple logic. Why would the police give up their corrupt 'businesses' and lose all that money?

Well, unless Yingluck sacks the lot of them and starts all over again, nothing is ever, ever going to change. Ever.

Utter, utter bullshit.

Maybe they're hoping to impress "mother China" which claims to be cracking down on corruption. And when China's big shots arrive they can read what she and her leader (brother) said. They both like red flags too eh?

I guess the police would not do their job unless they are told to. This must b working style in Thailand. They are hired and paid to do a job, but unless they are told to do they don't do their job

I wonder if this is another example of "Thainess"?

Why is she telling the police what to do? This is a potential source of additional confusion. Don't the police have Skype connectivity? Can't they get guidance and instructions directly from the PM?

Edited by marell
  • Like 1

She asserted she would also like the police force to be corruption-free and to work transparently.

In a decent society the prime Ministers comments if they had to be made would I am sure read as they do below. You order, you do not expect

She ordered nay demands the police force to be corruption-free and to work transparently.

"......the police force farce........"

sorry sp.rolleyes.gif