Extension of stay (Marriage to Thai wife) at Chaeng Wattana Report

I just returned from CW to apply for my extension of stay (12 months) based on having a Thai wife and thought a report might be useful.

I had a lot of paperwork and some was handed back to me, so I will only report what the Officer kept. I didn't question if anything was 100% necessary, I only assume it was if she kept it.

Some background: This is my first extension of stay based on marriage, I have a Non Imm O multiple entry visa, I had the 400,000 Baht in the bank and I rent my condo.

Paperwork:

• TM7 - one copy with picture
  • Marriage Certificate (Khor Ror 3) - one copy (and wanted to see original)
  • Affirmation of Freedom to Marry copy
  • Khor Ror 2 (obtained three days ago from my local Amphur, which is not the same one I got married at - 20 Baht)
  • Passport - face page, visa page, entry stamp, departure card - signed.
  • Wife ID card - signed
  • Wife Tabien Baan - signed
  • Photos - showing both of us in front of condo sign, outside our room clearly showing room number and one of both of us sitting on our bed
  • Map to the house - Google map and hand drawn (in English)
  • Original bank book showing at least 400,000 in bank for at least 2 months
  • Letter from the bank stating above (obtained yesterday from SCB - 200 Baht)
  • Copy of first page of bank book
  • Copy of latest page of bank book showing latest deposit (note - even though I deposited 100 Baht yesterday so I could update my book and then got the letter issued by the bank with the updated amount, the Immigration officer asked me to go downstairs and put another 100 Baht in the bank and update the book again and then get a copy - so if possible get the letter and bank book updated the same day to save any headache - pretty much all banks have branches downstairs from Immigration)
  • Current condo rental agreement
  • Condo owner Tabien Baan and ID card - signed
  • Condo office letter giving me permission to stay in the property - stating my full name and Passport number

Got there early so took about half an hour - got my stamp and told to come back in a month.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

Thanks!

About to do my 2nd extension Type O Thai wife so this info will be helpful as I go thru all last year's papers to re-create what I've already done last year and have a very foggy recollection of.

Nice of them to ask you to have a same day bank posting.

blink.png

Edited by emanphoto
  • Like 1